Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do bronies hate cloppers?

Cyan Blue

I don't hate cloppers or clopping more than I hate broccoli. OK, that's a distant metaphor (or whatever it is called), but for me it's just a question of taste. As long as it's not harmful, you clop to whatever you want.

To say I haven't would be a lie - but God convicted my heart of it and made me feel guilty - haven't done it since - and in addition, at the time, i didn't even know what masturbation was - it was just something i did by accident one day.

God made you feel guilty for something that pleasured you and didn't harm anyone whatsoever and therefore had nothing but positive effects? ...Why? Why would God give you sexual desires outside of the purpose of procreation at all if just you pleasuring yourself is evil? Why would anything that's completely unharmful be a sin?  :blink:

Just heed my advice - many people don't want to think of MLP in an explicit way. So keep private things private.

That's what i've been sying this whole time.

We wouldn't have so much awesome art if people kept it completely private, though.  ;)

Mostly because they need someone else to take it out on. People would look down on them, and they will try to find some odd little quirks in the line. I don't understand, why hate on our own people, we are all bronies.

37363013.jpg

God made you feel guilty for something that pleasured you and didn't harm anyone whatsoever and therefore had nothing but positive effects? ...Why? Why would God give you sexual desires outside of the purpose of procreation at all if just you pleasuring yourself is evil? Why would anything that's completely unharmful be a sin?  :blink:

We wouldn't have so much awesome art if people kept it completely private, though.  ;)

Actually, I didn't enjoy it - i disliked it. God gives every human a choice - good or evil. It's up to you.

Mostly because they need someone else to take it out on. People would look down on them, and they will try to find some odd little quirks in the line. I don't understand, why hate on our own people, we are all bronies.

Still - it does give (forgive my termology) clean minded bronies a bad name from other clean minded folk.

@,  I have to kinda give you a shoutout here. For standing up for what you believe in. 

I grew up in church and I don't think it's right myself. Just like I don't think homosexuality is right. It's just the way I was raised. I was also taught not to hate or judge other people (not that I'm accusing you of doing that so don't get any ideas) so I don't hate people who clop and I don't hate gays. 

I guess the biggest reason I'm not a fan of clopping is because I've done plenty of work around horses. And I think that if anyone around here has had the same experiences I have had with them, they'd stay away from it too. 

I also understand your convictions. Isn't it funny how other religions can be all out there about it but the second a Christian wants to bring their own religion into the debate, everybody else invalidates any argument you have to make, regardless of intelligence, logical soundness, or biblical soundness? So yeah, I can relate to how you see it. 

Just heed my advice - many people don't want to think of MLP in an explicit way. So keep private things private.

That's what i've been sying this whole time.

Like I said, I tolerate them. I have agreed to disagree with cloppers on this subject. But I wouldn't let that one little aspect of someone keep me from meeting a potentially good friend. I'm kinda with you on this. All in all, my stand is this: I tolerate it, but prefer not to do it myself and if I stumble on R34 in a Google search or something like that, I do feel like this

Pinkie_Pie_is_shocked_and_disgusted-(n13

But this is the internet. It's the home of things like this. You'll find it many places. So while I don't do it and I don't like it, I just stopped reacting so heavily to it. If I stumble on some R34 content, I ignore it and move on with my life. In the grand scheme of things, I can choose not to let it bug me and I can choose to not let it wreck my day. 

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text

• Brohoof 2

I don't hate cloppers or clopping more than I hate broccoli.

I love broccoli...But only with melted cheese.

God gives every human a choice - good or evil. It's up to you.

If only the world were so simple.  Also lets try not to bring religion in to this.  Too many different belief systems to consider.

@,  I have to kinda give you a shoutout here. For standing up for what you believe in. 

I grew up in church and I don't think it's right myself. Just like I don't think homosexuality is right. It's just the way I was raised. I was also taught not to hate or judge other people (not that I'm accusing you of doing that so don't get any ideas) so I don't hate people who clop and I don't hate gays. 

I guess the biggest reason I'm not a fan of clopping is because I've done plenty of work around horses. And I think that if anyone around here has had the same experiences I have had with them, they'd stay away from it too. 

I also understand your convictions. Isn't it funny how other religions can be all out there about it but the second a Christian wants to bring their own religion into the debate, everybody else invalidates any argument you have to make, regardless of intelligence, logical soundness, or biblical soundness? So yeah, I can relate to how you see it. 

Like I said, I tolerate them. I have agreed to disagree with cloppers on this subject. But I wouldn't let that one little aspect of someone keep me from meeting a potentially good friend. I'm kinda with you on this. All in all, my stand is this: I tolerate it, but prefer not to do it myself and if I stumble on R34 in a Google search or something like that, I do feel like this

Pinkie_Pie_is_shocked_and_disgusted-(n13

But this is the internet. It's the home of things like this. You'll find it many places. So while I don't do it and I don't like it, I just stopped reacting so heavily to it. If I stumble on some R34 content, I ignore it and move on with my life. In the grand scheme of things, I can choose not to let it bug me and I can choose to not let it wreck my day. 

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text

^^Please don't bring religion into this.

Still - it does give (forgive my termology) clean minded bronies a bad name from other clean minded folk.

We've already got a bad name among most people outside of the fandom for just being bronies :huh:

Not like the number of cloppers would make a difference. 

Cloppers go away, people will find something else to hate us for, man -_- It's just the way of the world, man.

• Brohoof 3

37363013.jpg

Thanks!  :) Um, I hope you don't mind if I respond to your point anyway, though because this is really something that bothers me.  :derp:

Actually, I didn't enjoy it - i disliked it. God gives every human a choice - good or evil. It's up to you.

Sure, I don't believe in God but thinking from a religious perspective, I could go that far and say the belief makes sense. I'm completely against labeling completely natural things as "evil", though. It really does bother me and it's not even anything against you in particular but it really becomes apparent to me how much religious leaders want power by labeling the most natural thing in the world as an evil sin. Even some animals masturbate, it's not evil. Honestly that whole thing is completely ridiculous to me, it just wants to make people feel evil for something natural that they all do and make everyone feel like they're struggling between a nonexistent battle of good and evil so they can threaten them of hellfire for something that isn't wrong in any shape or form. It's one of the most annoying things as far as religion goes.  >_>

Although, I've been trying to look to where I agree with people more lately to prevent myself from getting too heated in an argument and Pinkie Pie does rule!!!  :lol: I don't want to continue an argument over this too long anyway, just wanted to get my own opinion out. Hope we're cool.  :)

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

That's the thing. Being a fictional universe, real-world problems have no effect on it.While I would like the MLP universe to exist (alongside others), they're fictional and will always be fictional - he point of the show, as stated by fluttershy in the opening theme of every episode (Sharing Kindness!) concludes that the ponies in this fictional multiverse don't have minds filled with filth!

Well that I happen to disagree with. In all the episodes the ponies basically have the same emotions and problems that real life people do. That tells me that most people when you see them act nice and courteous most of the time, yet their minds are filled with the same sinful thoughts we all have.

Sweetie Bell is going to ruin one of Rarity's outfits on purpose in an upcoming episode.  Why is Sweetie Bell going to ruin one of her sisters outfits? Because Rarity pissed her off and made her very mad. 

Also don't forget Discord bringing all the ponies evil personalities to the surface. This fictional universe also has problems with infidelity, crushes, romances, cheaters and all kinds of problems that are associated with most addicting thing in the universe.....love.

Love is the most addicting thing there is. Ponyville may seem like a utopia on the surface with squeaky clean animation and so forth, but I bet even Twilight Sparkle has a secret stash of Adult Books in her private collection. 

Don't forget the CMC Episode where they ran a tabloid! 

I'm just pointing out that the ponies are just as human as we are. 

Well that I happen to disagree with. In all the episodes the ponies basically have the same emotions and problems that real life people do. That tells me that most people when you see them act nice and courteous most of the time, yet their minds are filled with the same sinful thoughts we all have.

Sweetie Bell is going to ruin one of Rarity's outfits on purpose in an upcoming episode.  Why is Sweetie Bell going to ruin one of her sisters outfits? Because Rarity pissed her off and made her very mad. 

Also don't forget Discord bringing all the ponies evil personalities to the surface. This fictional universe also has problems with infidelity, crushes, romances, cheaters and all kinds of problems that are associated with most addicting thing in the universe.....love.

Love is the most addicting thing there is. Ponyville may seem like a utopia on the surface with squeaky clean animation and so forth, but I bet even Twilight Sparkle has a secret stash of Adult Books in her private collection. 

Don't forget the CMC Episode where they ran a tabloid! 

I'm just pointing out that the ponies are just as human as we are. 

Spoilers alert!!! I haven't seen any of these episodes yet!

It's cute because people love labeling, and being hypocritical and completely ignoring the themes the show teaches. Every fandom has people who find sexual interest towards the characters and themes, yet people dramatically proclaim that our fandom's people who do that are somehow out to make the fandom look bad. Which is funny because, I'm sure that anyone who's going to hate on this fandom's clop community, would be all too happy to instead hate on the show and fandom for any other reason, if cloppers weren't a thing, because as Radiance has said, people look for differences to segregate and label with, regardless. Hating on people who've been doing things in all fandoms since the beginning of time is a waste of your own time and mental capability.

• Brohoof 4

A brony at my school told me that I was "All thats wrong with the community" for clopping to Rarity. (Specifically to her because  I always joke around with him about it.)

I would say it's probably mainly due to this. I don't want to know what you masturbate to and I'm pretty sure nobody else wants to know either. I don't tell people what I masturbate to and I expect them not to ask. I have no problem with you being a clopper but identifying yourself with what you wank to is pretty bizarre, you have to admit.

I have no beef with cloppers and, as I've said on many other threads, everyone has there own little fetishes and so long as its between consenting adults nobody should give a flying fuck what that fetish is. As long as the clop material stays on the sites designed for them and are not posted where people are who don't want to see it  then there is no problem.

• Brohoof 1

Eight pages and nothing productive has come of this thread, with people going off on several tangents and feelings of discomfort and animosity throughout. Just like every one of these threads that preceded it. Who could have foreseen that?

Fortunately though, it hasn't escalated to levels past threads have, and before it inevitably does, I'm going to save some people their feelings and ourselves the pointless work by terminating it now.

• Brohoof 10