Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fedoras: Hot or Not?

Philosoft

Fedoras  

179 users have voted

1. 1. How far is your love or hate for fedoras

• I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM! I wear fedoras all the time no matter what!
    • I love them, I wear fedoras a lot!
    • I like them, I sometimes wear fedoras.
    • ( I dont care one way or another ) ( I dont know )
    • I dislike them, I think there a bad fashion choice but whatever
    • I hate them, People that wear it dont know what fashionable or not and it annoys me
    • I DESPISE THEM, any one that wears them just makes me really annoyed or I might even hate that person

Sorry, yes, not just a suit for a fedora but certainly shirt, trousers and proper shoes. A jacket of some kind is required, be it suit jacket or a sports coat but a waistcoat can stand in. A fedora should never be worn in any other clothing situation. Trilbies are a little different as indie rock artists have made it possible to wear a trilby with more casual dress (but please no T-shirts) much like Italian men making it possible to wear brown shoes with a blue suit. I guess I'm a traditionalist when it comes to suit and hat etiquette but you'll find most people don't care what hat you wear, how you wear it or what you wear it with.

I guess in the end everyone got different tastes in fashion ether in the combo of the presentation and or in the fact there are conservative or experimental people in there thinking of fashion. I am just flexible, but not way left field flexible, about fedoras or trilby hats. 

post-24771-0-44079700-1393386356_thumb.png

Fedora's, trillby's, whatever the hell you want to name it so you feel better are just awful.

They don't look good with any outfit. They look ridiculous and they literally allow me to spot people I want nothing to do with from a distance. Stop wearing them, stop thinking you look cool or slick or like a prohibition mafia gangster because you don't. (Pointing out I'm using the term 'you' in a general sense and this is in no way directed at any specific member before I get into trouble again.)

The only acceptable hat is a derby/flat cap. Even then, if you're gonna wear this then wear it with a proper tweed or corduroy sports jacket, not a "omg fluttershy pony fedora in socks" t-shirt -_-

Endrant, oh and shave that neckbeard too. :D

Edited by Essy*
  • Brohoof 2

I like fedoras when they are worn with the right attire and look. 

neal-caffrey-fedora-sunglasses-suits.jpg    

Dressed nice and professional looking. Stylish and matching. 

fedora.jpg

Sloppy and not worn really in the right manner.... 

So that is my big nitpick with fedoras... 

I like wearing these hats though.

1505339_262019067289273_1131804093_n.jpg

171066032733_2.jpg

It just happens to matter with what you are wearing and trying to look decent not just to wear one and look sloppy.... 

• Brohoof 3

fedora.jpg

171066032733_2.jpg

It just happens to matter with what you are wearing and trying to look decent not just to wear one and look sloppy....

Fucking Neil, he makes us casuals look horrible.

From what I've seen I'm wearing my hat right. Yay..?

• Brohoof 2

fedora.jpg

171066032733_2.jpg

I like that hat your wearing a lot but I honestly try to wear it and no matter how I dress I cant make it look good or at the least right on me. I wish I can make it look right on me! 

post-24771-0-44756000-1393387011_thumb.gif

• Brohoof 2

Now the topic lies in rest waiting to be reawaken by a true hero of fedoras and trilby hats alike, or a mighty hater of the neck bearded man child fedora wearer. Stay tune and fine out in the next episode "The attack of the flying fedoras"

I'm having too much fun with this! 

Now the topic lies in rest waiting to be reawaken by a true hero of fedoras and trilby hats alike, or a mighty hater of the neck bearded man child fedora wearer. Stay tune and fine out in the next episode "The attack of the flying fedoras"

I'm having too much fun with this! 

Fedoras at large are the best thing ever. EVER. To be invented by humanity, besides the Internet.

Well that was very quick! 

Only few people can pull it off.

Just because you are wearing a fedora does not mean that you are automatically this super enlightened and classy individual. 

The hat itself if not bad but most people who try to wear it look like complete tools.

• Brohoof 3

I personally like fedoras. I own a Trilby (which is actually a type of fedora, so for those complaining about fedoras being mentioned whilst actually the hat in question is a trilby.... they are not wrong).

However, I do agree that they just look silly on some people.

I wear a sort of wide-rimmed hat when it rains out - it's less unwieldy than an umbrella, but it keeps the rain off of my face. I'm polite enough to take it off when I go inside, though.

Seeing Luna in a fedora fills me with a murderous rage.

Fedora's should be avoided like the plague. In most cases, you'll be looked at as autistic for wearing them, regardless of whether or not you are or not. If someone is a social outcast, there is a very good chance they have a fedora and probably wear it on a regular basis. Wear these head items at your own risk.

• Brohoof 2

Ehhh... it's not my choice of hat. There are ways to make it look good, but I've very rarely seen someone pull it off. The ones that do are fairly proper and well dressed in general. I'm more partial to the flat cap, myself.

Yay me to Celtore, I wear flat caps to, I have a small collection of them.

I think fedoras and similar hats like trilbies look good on certain people, I think mainly older people look quite cool and good in a fedora, like Terry Pratchet.

But I’ve seen some young hipsters trying to pull of fedoras, and personally I thought it looked silly

• Brohoof 1

Seeing Luna in a fedora fills me with a murderous rage.

Fedora's should be avoided like the plague. In most cases, you'll be looked at as autistic for wearing them, regardless of whether or not you are or not. If someone is a social outcast, there is a very good chance they have a fedora and probably wear it on a regular basis. Wear these head items at your own risk.

You saying this amuses me, as I am autistic, and a social outcast (by choice), and I do wear a fedora!

• Brohoof 1

I hate most hats in general. Most people don Fedora's and they don't bloody pull them off. You don't like suave, you don't look sophisticated, and you don't look like a gentlemen: You look like a right knobhead. I think people just pop fedora's on and think they go with everything: No. Either do a Capone (Match that shit with a suit) or a Sergeant Batista (Straw one, pop on a decent shirt), don't just throw it on randomly. It's a hat you have to rock. Don't just throw it on with a scruffy coat or a t-shirt, because you will look like a right knob. The sad thing is, that's what most people do. They automatically put it on and think it makes them look like a gentleman. No, you just look like a right muppet who put a fedora on this morning for no real bloody reason.

And considering it's come up a lot and is a fashion choice I see far too many young people around my area in particular adopting: Flat caps. (OH YEAH COME AT ME) It's the kind of hat reserved for farm workers, Yorkshiremen, and old people. To me, they come off as a very hipster item when you see young people try and pull them off. Unlike Fedora's, there is no legitimate way to save the look of a flat cap, because there is nothing they go with. Not waistcoats, not suits, not dungarees: Nothing looks good with a flat cap except age. Thus, the only way of pulling off the flat cap look is snatching it from your bloody head and putting it on the head of a 80 year old man.

Trapper hats. I hate those. ESPECIALLY knitted trapper hats with comically oversized ears that are popular around here. They look tacky, cheap and itchy.

Russian ushanka's. Not Russian? Piss off. It may be cold, but you're not going to experience Siberian temperatures. I hate people randomly wearing them when there's a bit of a wee breeze blowing through.

Massively oversized beanies. Those stupid ones that droop down the back of your head like you're wearing the skin of a slain Shar Pei puppy. That's not a hat, it's a goddamn anchor.

The only hat I like is a traditional Sutton Hoo helmet, because it matches the blood stains on my jacket perfectly and has a glorious golden moustache on it. Now THAT'S sophistication. I always wear my Sutton Hoo helmet to occasions such as dances, nights out, and the occasional pitched battle on the moorland against French invaders.

• Brohoof 1