Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fedoras: Hot or Not?

Philosoft

Fedoras  

179 users have voted

1. 1. How far is your love or hate for fedoras

• I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM! I wear fedoras all the time no matter what!
    • I love them, I wear fedoras a lot!
    • I like them, I sometimes wear fedoras.
    • ( I dont care one way or another ) ( I dont know )
    • I dislike them, I think there a bad fashion choice but whatever
    • I hate them, People that wear it dont know what fashionable or not and it annoys me
    • I DESPISE THEM, any one that wears them just makes me really annoyed or I might even hate that person

They look good when you're appropriately dressed for them, not when you're wearing fucking Pokemon/MLP/other nerdy T-shirts, and unfortunately the latter became too common. That's why so many people started hating them

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

You know, I have honestly never understood the hype around these things. They definitely do not look bad at all and they look better than standard caps of any kind, that is for certain, but I really don't know what makes them so special. I see them as a bit...overrated. Then again I don't own one but I have never seen them as 'hot' when others wear them either. I am just thinking "Oh, a hat. Cool.", not much more beyond that. :P

• 5 weeks later...

The hat itself is not that bad, when worn right. My own suit that I wear with my own pinstriped fedora is not the best thing ever, but it works a fair deal better than anything else I own. The whole culture surrounding them is, however, a little sad, when people will start judging you from a hat, of all things. 

I'm not a big fan of them. Fedoras can be fine if worn with a nice suit, but other than that they just look tacky.

But if someone wants to wear a fedora with totally un-matching clothes, then I won't judge them for it. There's much more to someone than their hat choices :P

Wow. Another topic about fedoras and trilbys? Where have I been?  :yay:

Since I don't want to overwhelm people with a wall of text, I'll put my personal opinion in the Spoiler tag. Not going after anyone personal, just sharing my thoughts.

I agree with anyone who says it's ludicrous to judge someone based on a measly fashion accessory, fedora or not.

It practically becomes sad when you realize some of the people who say this are also bronies and pegasisters. You know, members of the fandom that is suppose to be tolerant and loving and what not. Remember that? No, of course not. Since when was that ever a thing.  :comeatus:

But what I find THE MOST hilarious is people who try to backtrack. They say they hate the hat and anyone who looks good in it, but then you show them a pic of Indiana Jones or someone who is wearing a suit, and suddenly they're like "Well now, hold on, I didn't mean EVERYBODY-everybody..." Yes, buddy, you go ahead and save face as much as possible!  :D

Personally? I'm not like that. I AVOID being irrational whenever possible. If I feel a certain way, I have explainable reasons WHY I feel that way. And I will often re-evaluate myself from time to time just to see if my personal views are still rational or not.

And even if I do have an irrational outlook on something that I cannot explain past "I just feel that way", then I'll be the first to say "Heck yes, I'm being irrational!". I won't try to save face or anything. I'm real like that. I'm a very consistent person.

And I think, if all the people who "hate fedoras" just take a moment to look inside and ask themselves "Why do I hate fedoras?", they'll find out that it's really not about the hat. It's about a person or a type of person that offends them most of all. That or probably crowd mentality, but I hope not. Following the crowd instead of thinking for yourself is the worst way to live.

But getting back on topic; I honestly don't care. A hat is just a fashion accessory, nothing more.  :)

I do take fashion very seriously, and I own a variety of hats. Yes, I do own a couple of trilby's and fedoras. However, I also own just about every other kind of hat under the sun. From ball caps to the asian conical hat; and everything in between. And yes, I know how to dress and correctly accessorize with each of them.

If this makes me a piece of trash that you never want to hang out with, your loss I guess. We'll never geek out over video games, watch TV shows together, make our import action figures battle each other, or do anything fun. Heck, if you're willing to give me a shot and become my friend, I'd return the favor and try out stuff that you like; even if it's not something I'd normally try out myself.

YES! I do have a personality. I am not some walking stereotype, I do not have a neck beard, and I am very nice once you get to know me. Who knew.  B)

Unless you're in the mafia i'm going to probably throw up, sorry but they're hideous.
I mean, to each their own but, c'mon guys. Please. LET ME HELP YOU.
I AM THE FASHION QUEEN. I CAN HELP.

• Brohoof 1

Unless you're in the mafia i'm going to probably throw up, sorry but they're hideous.

I mean, to each their own but, c'mon guys. Please. LET ME HELP YOU.

I AM THE FASHION QUEEN. I CAN HELP.

My uncle was in the mafia. Does that count? 

• Brohoof 1

My faithful subjects,

Does this answer you'r question?

sig-4221819.qrOCyAl.jpg

I like the wings, and the rainbow-colored band is a nice touch. However, for once, I think it would actually look better on a different kind of hat. I honestly could never see Rainbow Dash wearing a trilby or a fedora. I could never see her acting like a mafia member, a hard boiled detective, nor could I see her just wearing a suit. It took Rarity some convincing just to get her to come around on dresses. If you were being true to RD's personality, I'd put those accessory pieces on blue ball cap, or maybe one of those peaked officer caps if you want more of an air force/wonderbolts look.  :proud: