Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fedoras: Hot or Not?

Philosoft

Fedoras  

179 users have voted

1. 1. How far is your love or hate for fedoras

• I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM! I wear fedoras all the time no matter what!
    • I love them, I wear fedoras a lot!
    • I like them, I sometimes wear fedoras.
    • ( I dont care one way or another ) ( I dont know )
    • I dislike them, I think there a bad fashion choice but whatever
    • I hate them, People that wear it dont know what fashionable or not and it annoys me
    • I DESPISE THEM, any one that wears them just makes me really annoyed or I might even hate that person

I don't really care one way or another. I don't think they look that great on most outfits, but I also think that it's a little too extreme to say that you despise them. It's best to use all of your hatred on something less petty. ;)

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

Currently wearing a fedora at school :P. They are quite fancy ;)

post-28830-0-18690500-1447862763_thumb.jpg
post-28830-0-51436300-1447862773_thumb.jpg

However, I am not that much into them. I only wear them on very rare occasions :P 

• Brohoof 1

I don't like most hats. However, I have a special hatred reserved for fedoras, and I immediately dislike anyone I see wearing one. I can't help it, its just the worst red flag someone can show in my opinion. I have yet to meet a person I would want to associate with for any extended period of time who wears that atrocious hat or any variant on it. (I don't really give a crap if its a trilby or whatever, they're all under the same bad category) And all of my female friends are in consensus that they would never want to date a guy who they first saw wearing a fedora. I can't say I blame them.

Jeez, no need to hate on people who wear fedoras. I mean sure, fedora's are not my type. I'm more of a cap guy. But not all people who wear fedoras are edgy nerds who think they are smarter than you just because they don't believe in any god. Some people, fictional and non fictional look cool with fedoras, like Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars etc. Also, judging someone by their fashion taste is pretty bad, you know.

I love fedoras/trilbys. I own one, and I wear it pretty regularly, but not as regularly as I wear my driving/newsboy cap. However, I agree with some of the earlier posts that it must be paired with a sport coat to look right in my eyes, however, this does not mean that you must forgo the t-shirt. One of my favorite combinations for winter is a t-shirt and jeans under a suit jacket with a hat, it's a look that combines the class and style of formalwear and the comfort and ease of care of the most casual of outfits. The fact that you can acquire an unworn suit jacket at Goodwill for $5 is just icing on the proverbial cake, and allows you to keep a different colored jacket for nearly every occasion.

Some people can pull off fedoras well, some can't. Not something everyone can pull off. The reason many people don't like them is because there are WAY too many people who can't pull off fedoras who love to wear them. It's created a bad reputation. Also, there is a VERY noticeable difference between a cheap fedora and an expensive one. Cheap ones look... well... cheap. Word of advice: if you are thinking about buying a fedora, buy a good quality one. Spend at least $50. Unlike other types of hats, cheap fedoras don't look good (most of the time). This is not an item of clothing that is OK to skimp on quality. 

And please don't wear one with a t shirt and shorts unless you are a middle aged white dude on vacation going through your mid-life crisis. Fedoras don't go well with every outfit.

I'm hoping this has been pointed out already in here considering how many pages there are, but the hat that gets such a bad rep is actually not a fedora at all; it's a trilby.  The brim is much shorter than a fedoras.

As for fedoras, I'm into anything relating to 1920's-era fashion.  I have an old Marshall Fields fedora that I'll never give up.

Jeez, no need to hate on people who wear fedoras. I mean sure, fedora's are not my type. I'm more of a cap guy. But not all people who wear fedoras are edgy nerds who think they are smarter than you just because they don't believe in any god. Some people, fictional and non fictional look cool with fedoras, like Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars etc. Also, judging someone by their fashion taste is pretty bad, you know.

Yeah, I guess so. I just was always taught that perception is reality, and appearances, especially in first impressions, are critical. Honestly, fedoras are one of those few articles of clothing that are guaranteed to get eye rolls and scoffs of derision from onlookers, and I figured if my harsh and blunt statement changed even one guy's mind about wearing that fedora out in public, my post was a success.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

I love fedora's, the problem is the bad reputation they have nowadays.

I mean, whatever happened to the whole mobster image it used to have? I used to think they were the coolest thing :D

Fedoras in my opinion are awesome! My cousin just seems to hate it so much for no reason though...

Anyways, I have an OC character (named Marty Maldamon) who wears a fedora! (all the time by the way) it's like a part of him. Like how Mario wears his iconic red cap! The inspiration was from my GTA Online character that lead to the creation of Marty, along with his signature hat ;)

It's a very good looking hat, especially for my OC and for sure I have no problem with them! ^_^

i notice there's a lot of "if you can pull it off" in this thread

to me it's not about whether or not you can "pull it off", that's just how any hat is if you're judging solely on appearance

does a fedora look nice? only as part of a style that died out decades ago and isn't coming back

is a fedora comfortable? aside from the fact that it snugly fits my head, no

is there any practical reason why i should wear them over any other hat? no

i'll stick with my cute pink rabbit beanie

Fedoras is the most cringy thing a guy can wear. And the most ugliest. If a guy wears this, I will assume he is 100% beta

only guy i know who looked good in one was michael jackson

Edited by Sugarcup
  • Brohoof 1