Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plushies: What to do?

DarkSun493

Plushies are interesting things aren't they? People do so many things with them. I'm sure, from playing, to staring, to...well do I even need to mention that one famous plushie? Or perhaps it was infamous. Either way, my school orchestra went on a tour out of state, and two people, when they were there, bought plushies, one for each. They were toting them around a lot; Rainbow Dash seemed to be everywhere. On the table while eating, on a lap while on the bus, or, when their hands were full, balancing on top of a head. I couldn't keep it together; it was one of the most ridiculous things I had ever seen. I even asked both of them why they had decided to purchase them, and they said they didn't know. Heck, when I got my first plushie, and even in subsequent purchases, I didn't quite know what I was looking for.

So, my question to you is: Do you have a plushie? If so, why did you buy it, and what the heck do you do with it? If you haven't, then just tell me what you think of them. Or tell me what you think a Brony "should" do with one. Also, is there such thing as "going too far"? Sometimes I'd like to think that carrying it around with you is too far, but...I know that's a generalizing question, but I want to know what you think. 

I mean, it's not like I cuddle with the Mane 6 every night...heh heh...*sigh* oh, boy.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have a plushie. I'mmm not so sure I want to be seen cuddling with a mane 6 or Derpy plushie, but if alone and not a closet brony, I'd probably do that instead of hugging my pillow at night.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I personally don't have a MLP plushie... yet. ( I plan to get a Rainbow Dash one eventually. ) So what do I think of them? Well, they aren't the greatest thing in the world, but I think they're pretty cool. And yes, I think there is such thing as going too far... I agree that carrying it around everywhere you go is a bit too much, but if that's what they want to do, they can do it. I'm not going to judge. 

I bought my 3 Plushie cause I thought they were cool. I have no regrets, because they are simply adorkable. Too far?.... Plushness are a far cry from too far... I remember an older freind of mine spending nearly 5 grand on a life sized statue of A storm trooper at a comic con..... Yeah and that's not the most hes spent on star wars stuff either.,,,,, really glad he has a great job and no aspirations for a family, or he might be in trouble XD (he makes 90 grand a year).

I collect mlp stuff cause I think its cool. Nuff said. My comics are entertaining, my vinyls make great decoration, and my plushies are cuddly.

The only plushie I have is a wolf plushie I got at an amusement park. I don't do anything with it, it just sits in my room haha.

I wish I could have a good quality Rainbow Dash plushie, that would be pretty nice.

• Brohoof 1

I used to have many, most I just held onto because they were from my childhood and were original items like an original Wicket, Woodstock, Elmo, stuff like that. Then me and the gf broke up and they were lost forever, sad thing is she probably trashed them all or sent them to goodwill. Oh well, lesson learned. Never date again.

That aside, I've got a few sitting around my room. Simba, Stitch, a squirrel, and a wind rider cub from WoW. I'm currently trying to sell my Jeeps, and once they do I plan on getting a large-ish (13" or so) Trixie beanie made. She'll probably just sit somewhere in my room as well, but if I ever do get the chance to go to a con I'll probably take her with me and lug her around. Have her thrown over my shoulder for the most part, the rest of the time she'd be the star of pictures since I have a "no pictures allowed" rule. I love the photos that have like Lego figures doing everyday stuff and whatnot, so I figure I can have some fun and do that with Trixie. She'll eat great and tasty muffins, or try on hats that only the highest level unicorns could ever hope to look stylish in.

I bought a Twilight Sparkle Plushie at HMV nearly a year ago. I regret nothing!

I was also thinking of getting another to go with it but the only ones I can find are an Octavia Plushie and an Applejack plushie...WITHOUT THE HAT!!! D:<

Edited by TheCoffeeMan

I've got over 30 plushies. Most just sit on my bed,or sit on the shelf. I bought them because I thought they were either awesome, cute, well made, show/movie accurate or some or all of the above.

From memory I've got 5 MLP plushes(2 Fluttershy, one Derpy,one Dashie and one Pinkie) Several Lion King ones,mostly Simba (iI've got I think 8-9 Simba plushies?) I've also got other Disney ones, such as Stitch and Timon, and random other ones....

I have a select few that I cuddle with or sleep with. I'll be sleeping with Fluttershy more often, now that I got a snuggle worth plush :3

And if I ever go to a convention, furry or bony...I tend to  carry one or two around with me.

I've thought about getting a MLP plushy but I haven't been brave enough to look for one in a store and I've been to lazy to look online. I do however have a bunch of 6" Eeveelution plushes that I used to sleep with. I don't anymore just cuz I moved and haven't gotten around to unpacking them yet 

From a psycological standpoint, I am both awed and, if I may say, I find it a bit cute, that people can form bonds to items like that. I mean, think about what you said:

"They were toting them around a lot; Rainbow Dash seemed to be everywhere. On the table while eating, on a lap while on the bus, or, when their hands were full, balancing on top of a head."

That is how a typical primate treats its offspring. In this circumstance, it is a human doing this with an inanimate object. This hairless monkey cares as much for this colored and stuff piece of cloth, as they do for a child. It really is a fantastic habit to study.

It's not that weird really. Our natural instinct is to hold and protect little cute things. If we satisfy that instinct, our brain rewards us with soothing goodness. So we make fake "babies" so we can get that soothing goodness, without all that annoying responsibility and crap.

I'm rather picky about pony plushies, in that they must be as show-accurate as possible (though I've been kinda considering getting those ones you find at places like Walmart or something). So, I've only got one at the moment; the Pinkie Pie plush from 4DE, and I love it! :lol:

Honestly though, I don't really do much with her, she just sits atop my 'Nerd-Shelf' for the most part. :(

I have a single small Rarity plushy that was a gift from my niece, she sits on my nightsand on my side of the bed, wife doesnt really mind though really...so it was joined by a Hasbro Rarity toy...my CCG cards are in the night stand too...its my brony head quarters!

Anyways...I haven't bought one, but as a 31 year old marathon runner, Military Vet...I WANT ONE (so tough, Rarity is baller). Not sure on the new Build-a-bear ones but the Aurora ones do not look to bad! Maybe one of those.

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 1

I have 3 plushies :wub:

1779067_705150526204571_1722237690_n.jpg

The smaller one is the one I have on me constantly; everywhere but work :D I have to clean it a lot more than I should :lol: 

Dat white coat, though.

The big one up top is my funrise plushie; I really only cuddle with that one when I go to sleep (I do that with all 3), but it was my first plushie and my first Rarity merch overall, so even though it's a funrise, I still hold it in hella high regard :D It's special to me.

And the one in the chair...that's my baby :wub: I watch TV with that one, sit at my computer with it, listen to music... :wub:

I love that one so much :wub:

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg of my collection of Rarity merch ;)

Just in case you're interested :D -

1911984_703491256370498_1527749239_n.jpg

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 9

I have 3 plushies :wub:

1779067_705150526204571_1722237690_n.jpg

The smaller one is the one I have on me constantly; everywhere but work :D I have to clean it a lot more than I should :lol: 

Dat white coat, though.

The big one up top is my funrise plushie; I really only cuddle with that one when I go to sleep (I do that with all 3), but it was my first plushie and my first Rarity merch overall, so even though it's a funrise, I still hold it in hella high regard :D It's special to me.

And the one in the chair...that's my baby :wub: I watch TV with that one, sit at my computer with it, listen to music... :wub:

I love that one so much :wub:

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg of my collection of Rarity merch ;)

Just in case you're interested :D -

1911984_703491256370498_1527749239_n.jpg

*Fanboy Squeal* Your levels of fabulosity would make even rarity herself proud :squee:

• Brohoof 1