Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plushies: What to do?

DarkSun493

I might own a plushie or two...

20140227_110936.jpg

In all seriousness though, I've always loved plushies so of course when I get involved in fandoms for shows I love like MLP or the Chipmunks I'm going to want plushies... I always have a plush or two that I take to bed with me, I just can't help it.  As far as what I look for in an MLP plush, it really depends.  I bought one of the giant cheap Walmart Fluttershy's because she's great as just a giant plush to hug or sleep next to, but it's nothing I'd put on a shelf because it's so inaccurate for the show.  I bought the Build a Bear's and 4DE plushies to have some that were more show accurate as display pieces and those ones just basically sit on a shelf (especially the build a bear's because their mane is a nightmare to deal with if you mess with them too much.  The Luna plush is a Chinese knockoff I bought because it's fairly show accurate and was cheap and I was actually really happy with it.  And then I also have a custom snowdrop plush I'm having commissioned that should be finished soon to add to my plushie-army.

But yeah, long story short, I love plushies as display pieces and as something to cuddle up with.  I couldn't tell you exactly why I love plushies so much... I think it has to do with my general love of collecting stuff and the fact that I'm a person who likes to hug things and plushies fit the bill for that job. :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to begin to mention how much I paid for my first custom plushie, that yes I still have, but it was also an RD plushie.

At first I snuggled up with it, like I would my blanky, but it was pretty firm and not very squishy and got in the way when I slept. So I thought it'd still make a good bed plushie decor. So I put it on my bed, until that night when I let my pet rats out to play...as a result they wanted to chew on it and meh...do what rats do I guess. So my plushie was at risk of being torn apart and I moved it up to the bookshelf, where there she stays...guarding my father's ashes lol!

What was I thinking when I first bought it? I was thinking, "I'm a Brony, yet I don't even have a plushie...that is sad, MUST GET ONE" but that was silly of me to think.

But arguing that, i ordered a custom plushie of my OC, so really excited about that. Why did I do that? Because I want to carry my OC around when I go to Bronycons or fairs lol

Moved topic to Pony Merchandise since this is about that.

Anyway, I have but one MLP plushie for now:

post-592-0-26396100-1393522672_thumb.jpg

(It's Rarity, what a surprise eh?)

I bought it because I found a bookstore selling them in my city and I wanted one(plus I got it on my birthday, squee). I just hold it sometimes when doing whatever I guess, and sleep with it occasionally. ;)

Not all the time though, that would be weird for me... :wacko:

Edited by Radiance64
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone else is posting pics of theirs...so why not.  :blush:

My MLP Plushies

~Rainbow Dash is a backpack from WeLoveFine...but she's still stuffed, so I consider her a plush.

~Fluttershy from Japan, not sure what the company is as I don't know Japanese.

~Fluttershy, a handmade one I got on eBay...got her for a good price too...similar price to my Japan Fluttershy.

~TY Beanie Baby Dash.(hope to get a TY Fluttershy tomorrow)

~A Japanese made Derpy.

~Funrise Pinkie.

Derpy and Japan Fluttershy I cuddle with, TY Dash and Funrise Pinkie sit on my desk. Dash backpack hangs on the back of my door and the other Fluttershy sits on the head of my bed.  ;)

I still have yet to sew her tail on though, after my dog got a hold of her.  :(

post-16340-0-36887300-1393538525_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-41171000-1393538534_thumb.jpg

And some of my other plushies....

post-16340-0-70605500-1393538544_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-18818700-1393538553_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-63421500-1393538561_thumb.jpg

post-16340-0-29474500-1393538573_thumb.jpg

My next big plush purchase will hopefully be a 4DE Fluttershy.  :yay:

I have a few of the Official plushies (including Build-a-bear Pinkie, whose very eyes will infect your soul with adorable love :wub: )....I don't have any fan plushies...

I really want one too, a commission of my OC, Treble Bolt (I've grown very fond of her). But all the commissioners I've found are booked....only time will tell.... :(

Are plushies just the stuffed animal toys right? Cuz if so I have 5 I think A big sized Twilight and Pinkie Pie, and a smaller Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity. I also have tiny rd on key chain, but still stuffed animal material. So that would be 6. And where did I buy them?

I didn't. They were all gifts. I was given a gift in the mail about a year ago by a brony who I thought was just going to give a little thing (he was feeling pity for me. He was a good kid). Well it was quite big actually. Like over $400 worth of pony stuff. It actually changed me though. Cuz before that, I really didn't care about people at all, and considered them a stupid uncaring animal, but that kid made me see differently, and I became someone who liked to make people smile, because he gave me a smile I've never had before. Being it was so big I shared some of it with others. He might very well have saved my life, being that I didn't end up taking it from myself. But yeah, there was those which I still have. The small ones are in my collection display while I cuddle the big ones every night since I got them. Oh, and the rarity one, actually was a gift from my English teacher. Walked into class one day, and she was on my desk.

I took a pic of all the stuff when I got it, but I wish I took a better quality pic. It's a link to it. This is all the proof I have though:

http://cheezburger.com/7168500736

This picture was also my first feature on mylittlebrony.com. Now I have over 30!

• Brohoof 1

I have a few of the Official plushies (including Build-a-bear Pinkie, whose very eyes will infect your soul with adorable love :wub: )....I don't have any fan plushies...

I really want one too, a commission of my OC, Treble Bolt (I've grown very fond of her). But all the commissioners I've found are booked....only time will tell.... :(

The build a bear's eyes are amazing <3  I just wish they didn't have the strange manes and sparkly wings.  And I'd definitely spend some time looking around for other plush commissioners.  There are tons of them out there that have commissions open so you should be able to get one made :D  I know the person I'm getting mine from always has commissions open and a lot of other people do too.  (He's here if you're interested.)

• Brohoof 1

Are plushies just the stuffed animal toys right? Cuz if so I have 5 I think A big sized Twilight and Pinkie Pie, and a smaller Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity. I also have tiny rd on key chain, but still stuffed animal material. So that would be 6. And where did I buy them?

I didn't. They were all gifts. I was given a gift in the mail about a year ago by a brony who I thought was just going to give a little thing (he was feeling pity for me. He was a good kid). Well it was quite big actually. Like over $400 worth of pony stuff. It actually changed me though. Cuz before that, I really didn't care about people at all, and considered them a stupid uncaring animal, but that kid made me see differently, and I became someone who liked to make people smile, because he gave me a smile I've never had before. Being it was so big I shared some of it with others. He might very well have saved my life, being that I didn't end up taking it from myself. But yeah, there was those which I still have.

Wow, this post really affected me.  I was just reading it and then suddenly in tears.  Thank you for sharing this it's such a profound story of how one person really can reach out and help another, and then it just carries on from there.

Wow, this post really affected me.  I was just reading it and then suddenly in tears.  Thank you for sharing this it's such a profound story of how one person really can reach out and help another, and then it just carries on from there.

Wow. I didn't realize that saying that would touch another like that. That's really special to hear. Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I'm like the plushie princess XD.

I have somewhere between 500-1000 plushes(of any  kind of plush) ( I do a census (name/animal/identication factors)every couple years, haven't counted this year's census though , hence the large number amount disparity ). I'm a big fan of build a bear, I also like getting realistic special animals like bats at zoos. I also have a ton of leopards.  Beanie Babies is another one I have a fair amount of.

My Little Pony Gen 4 plushies:

Funrise

Mane 6 in 10in and 5inch

Octavia in 10in and 5inch

Cheerliee in 5in

Aurora

All mane 6 in 10in(large size)

Build a Bear

All ones currently out ( Pinkie, Spike, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash)

Beanie Babies

All mane 6 ( except alicorn twilight but have unicorn Twi)

Others

Celestia

Derpy Backpack

Zecora (handmade found on ebay)

Ones handmade by me

Fluttershy

Princess Luna

Big Mac

Snow Drop

Royal Ribbon

Some of my plushies 

post-11698-0-12159300-1393652314_thumb.jpg

Most of pony plushes

post-11698-0-20875100-1393652370_thumb.jpg

I love plushies.   They are fun to cuddle with.  I don't think I would ever carry one around (out side of going to a convention).  Just because I wouldn't want them to get Dirty.

I have a set of the main 6 aurora plush, A custom AJ who can lay on my shoulder, and what ever ones wal-mart and ToysRus sold with the spaghetti Hair (main 6 + Vinal, Cherrilie, Octavia, and just found Princes Twilight, Cadence, Celestia at toysrus, NO LUNA WTF).  My wife got a set of the beanies cause she collects those.

I love plushies.   They are fun to cuddle with.  I don't think I would ever carry one around (out side of going to a convention).  Just because I wouldn't want them to get Dirty.

I have a set of the main 6 aurora plush, A custom AJ who can lay on my shoulder, and what ever ones wal-mart and ToysRus sold with the spaghetti Hair (main 6 + Vinal, Cherrilie, Octavia, and just found Princes Twilight, Cadence, Celestia at toysrus, NO LUNA WTF).  My wife got a set of the beanies cause she collects those.

Wait you can get the princess ones at toysrus?! I thought they were walmart exclusives! I have been trying to get them since they came out ><! 

(edited)

Wait you can get the princess ones at toysrus?! I thought they were walmart exclusives! I have been trying to get them since they came out ><! 

I just found them today in Wilkes-barre, pa.  They have 2 Cadence, 1 Twi, 1 Celestia.   Well had...  They were down to 1 Cadence when I left lol. 19.95$ each.

Edited by ShadowRose2k

I just found them today in Wilkes-barre, pa.  They have 2 Cadence, 1 Twi, 1 Celestia.   Well had...  They were down to 1 Cadence when I left lol. 19.95$ each.

I wish I could just order them from the toysrus or walmart website....

I don't have plushies yet, but I do plan to do so in the future.

If I had my own mane 6 collection then I would cuddle with all of them while I sleep. Heck, if I even had enough, I would bury myself in them as long as I don't suffocate from all the cuteness lack of air.

• Brohoof 1

I buy plushies mainly because I am a merchandise collector, but I also like to cuddle with them. Most of mine are the Funrise plushies from Walmart and I am not ashamed to say that I sleep with two of them, Twilight and Pinkie. They're not really big enough to hug like a pillow, but it somehow comforts me to have them next to me while I sleep. I also like to cuddle one sometimes while I watch a movie, during a long car ride, or other times when I have to stay in one place for a while. Yeah, I'm a bit weird, but I've accepted it at this point.

• Brohoof 2

• 7 years later...

The reason I buy plushies is because unlike the vinyl figures and brushables they are soft. That is what makes them unique from other merch. It does feel nice to cuddle with plushies, not so much with vinyl figures.

• Brohoof 1