Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very short story

Astral Blitzen

She had materialized right in front of me, wielding a plasma cannon. She look pissed… A crowd had encircled us, bowing down to her. She took a few steps toward me, flicking the safety switch on her weapon to off; then there was a loud whirring sound and a red ball of plasma had formed at the end of the barrel.

"I’ll give you on the count of three to give me the fission battery! You, slime!", she said gritting her teeth, looking through the cross-hairs of the cannon.

"1…", she had pulled back the bolt of the cannon.

"I dare you! I dare you to bucking shoot me! COME ON!", I yelled holding up the battery.

I knew I was risking my own life, but that didn't matter now. All that mattered was that this power source was destroyed.

"2…", she took aim at my head ignoring what I had said.

"3!", she yelled; she squeezed the trigger and the cannon whirred loudly and in a blink of an eye the ball of plasma had took flight, flying right toward me. In a flash, I dashed out of the way and threw the battery right where my head had been a split second ago. The red plasma had engulfed the hard drive, then bang. There was a loud explosion with a shock wave so powerful that it shattered the windows of nearby cars and buildings, the once bowing crowd were now nothing, but lifeless ragdolls bathing in debris and their own blood which was leaking from their ears and noses, it was a gruesome sight… almost sickening (they didn't even have time to scream before they were killed). The fission battery had vaporized leaving behind a crater that was a meter long and deep.

"You! D-da-da-da-damn…", Princess Sweetie Bot’s voice trailed off into a low buzz then silence. She fell to the ground and the cannon had fallen beside her. Her eyes turned to black and she twitched a few times before coming to a standstill. I made my way over to her. I kicked her onto her back and crushed her head with my hoof. There was a loud metallic snap followed along by glass shattering and a loud zapping noise. Then for good measure, I picked up the plasma cannon and cocked it, then taking several steps back to avoid damage from the shock wave, I centered the cross-hairs on her belly and pulled the trigger. Another red ball of plasma formed at the end of the barrel and then it was launched. Upon impact the projectile engulfed her and vaporized her, the shock wave deafened me for a second and caused me to stumble back. After I regained my senses, I looked over at where she was and saw nothing, but a large crater.