Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP Fighting is Magic Tribute Edition Released!

~SadisticFluttershy~

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/fighting-is-magic-tribute-edition.html#more

Go check it out guys. A game that we all love to play is finally released to the public and I believe that we can now play online servers. Check out this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EHINICww_6TrvAvvzcgLW8Yaix0sYB-VZKKYaosjNoM/preview?sle=true

Online Play Info!: We are currently in the process of getting more servers online for play.

Please be aware that your connection to other players is based on your own connection

Link: Telepone MTSP Client v2.10  :   http://tinyurl.com/TeleponeZIP

If you are using a controller such as PS3, Xbox 360, or any other type of controller, it is recommended you get Xpadder, JoyToKey or any equivalent button mapper.

Link: http://joytokey.net/en/download

If you can’t connect to people, please open your ports manually or by the link below.

http://portforward.com

Your PC may do this!: Please be aware, horsies.dll is a file within the .zip that shows up in some Anti Virus scanners. It’s not a virus. :T  If you’d like to see the source for horsies.dll, we have that available for you on request.

There is a forum for the game! Go see it!: 
How to setup game: Client Setup and Fighting is Magic Tutorials: http://tinyurl.com/SetupAndTutorial

Check it out for Radio, livestreams, TeamSpeak, Flockdraw, and more!

http://squirrelnet.org

Please be sure to check out the rest of the forum too !!

EDIT: Sorry I have not been paying attention to this. My belief that the tournament ended a long time ago.

However, for everything else here is the same. I will talk to the people at squirrel net to find any new information regarding on the game soon. Don't worry. I'm still here but again, I apologize for not paying much attention to this topic. I still believe that this needs to be pinned down because of the popularity of this topic. Almost 21,000 views!

Thanks so much for making this my most viewed topic ever. Much appreciation.

Cheers!

~SadisticFluttershy~

I hope you guys are excited as much as I am because this is awesome!  :wub:  :wub:  :lol:  ;)

P.S: For any mods that are checking out this topic. Please PIN IT! Thanks :)

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~
  • Brohoof 9

The people claiming "it's a middle finger to Hasbro" make me laugh. This won't see any repercussions from Hasbro, as long as there isn't a cent made in any way from this (even development costs). That's more then likely why the original got attacked and canned. There's hundreds of fan games that are ignored or left alone, because there's no money from them in any way.

I'm gonna give this a try, and see how it is.

• Brohoof 2

I finally downloaded it just one question, how do you press start? I tried pause and it didn't work.

Just hit random keys. Also you can config controls by going into the options in the tool bar, you should find it.

This game is the one reason i got into Ponies watching it running alive and bucking in my PC just droves me close to tears, i will be seeing all of you guys in the game, as an FG veteran I will be enjoying my life out of playing AJ with the years of KOF in my fingers. 

If anypony happens to know who is responsible for this amazing gift please tell him that you made a fan very happy and that those hours of effort and dedication mean a whole hell of a lot out of me.

Let the fight begin!

• Brohoof 2

I dunno if it's just me, but none of the option choices work. Would be nice to get a basic command list, or even a button layout.

I downloaded the game last night... I don't have a joy stick because I don't usually play games. Can someone explain the keyboard controls for me and how to attack? I've been playing this for probably 2 hours and it's still confusing.

I downloaded it and extracted the game, but when I try to open it, the game's window goes black and closes quickly...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I dunno if it's just me, but none of the option choices work. Would be nice to get a basic command list, or even a button layout.

I would say its you, on the options menu you can configure you keeyboard or gamepad arcade stick or whatever you want to play with. I can guarantee it works since ive been playing with my good old ps2 pad + usb adapter.The move list is on the paused menu and if you guys are worried about someone taking down the game i may be able to store it on my personal server if needed.

I downloaded it and extracted the game, but when I try to open it, the game's window goes black and closes quickly...

That happened to me too. I think its because the folder or the drive you are storing it. I downloaded on a diferent partition on my HDD and didnt work as soon as i move it to my OS Drive (that would be C:) everything worked like a charm

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2

I found that extracting everything on your desktop and running it works. When you're done playing, stick it into a folder to clean everything up.

I downloaded the game last night... I don't have a joy stick because I don't usually play games. Can someone explain the keyboard controls for me and how to attack? I've been playing this for probably 2 hours and it's still confusing.

It is hard without joystick or controller. But I suggest versus with yourself to practice before story mode. And you can config controls by going into the toolbar and looking for options.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I thought Fighting is Magic was dead, never to be released. How did this version survived when the original didn't?

Some people continued developing the game after cease and desist. I'm sure most moved on but other people weren't going to let a letter stop what was a mostly finished game from completing.  

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I like the fact this game finally get to see a release, but man, is it hard. Was the official one supposed to be so hard, or easier? I am not kidding, it is so hard to beat anypony in the game. Even Fluttershy is a challenge, and she is like the weakest pony, I will think. If I can't beat the weakest pony in the game, something isn't right. It is like the whole game is set to hard difficulty, and there is no way to lower the difficulty, that I could find. If the official one was able to be released, will it be easier, and more fun? It is like this version was rushed, and they didn't take the time to beta test it. Sorry for saying this stuff, but it might had been better if they took more time to beta test it and improve it then just releasing it as it is. I understand they were making this game to in a way get Fighting is Magic out, but the official one, if it ever got released, might have been better than this. I think they said this version wasn't made by the same people who were attempting to get the official one out, but still, they could have try better. I have some constructive criticize for them, lower the difficulty for one, it is just too hard, that might be a easy fix, story mode doesn't seem like story mode, like add some background to the game, background as in background story, the game does has backgrounds, but no background story. Like explain why these ponies are fighting, and for what reason. Like are they fighting in a tournament, and the winner gets a prize, or like, the Changelings came back, and you are fighting against the Changelings to save Equestria? Actually, the latter make the most sense, since in the first level for each character, they are fighting against themselves. One last time, add some more characters, or at least, make every character available right at the beginning. It isn't really bad, but it could be improved on, and these are my suggestions to make the game better. One last time, have like a difficulty setting, meaning you can set the difficulty of the game, like easy, medium, and hard. Most games has a difficulty setting, and I think this one should had it too. Like, easy is for the beginners, medium is for the players with experience, and hard is for the pros. If I will give this game a rating, it will be like a 5/10, if they make the changes I suggested, I think it will get a much better rating from me, like maybe a 8/10 or something. Sorry for giving it a bad rating, but I really think it is fair. Sorry if I was mean, I just wanted to state my opinions on it, and give some constructive criticize to the creators.

Edited by Silver_Star
  • Brohoof 3

I might be interested in playing the game although If there was some sort of training, I would practice with the characters and play what I prefer best. Controls wise, I'm not used to playing with a keyboard (since mugen in my case) so I prefer playing with a USB controller to make it easy enough for me to play the game.

• Brohoof 3

This one is weird. Half of it is really good, but the other half is really bad. Sometimes things don't work right, the character select music is really bad, everything just looks worse, dunno why, and Fluttershy is just overall strange. On the other hand, new animations, stages go from Day to Night, that's pretty baller, all the original music is still there, RD and Fluttershy at all, ect.

So yeah, IDK what to think of it. But I guess it's pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

I understand all of your confusions. If you have Teamspeak3 Installed on your PC please get on their TS Server and talk to any moderator that may be on

One of them is: HeyLookASquirrel.

TS Info: squirrelnet.dyndns.org

No port!