Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Answer the question above you.

~asdf~

From what I've gathered after watching a few of the trailers aired on TV, I don't have very high expectations for this movie (I see it as more of an attempt to cash in on the emoji trend than an actual movie).

*Sigh* At least it's not a movie about fidget spinners.

Do you think it'll do well?

• Brohoof 1

It's obviously aimed at kids and is obviously not going to be as mature as MLP is as as a kid's show/movie, but have you seen what kids watch on YouTube? It will probably do excellent as a cash grab, which is what is meant to be by all means.

I suck at drawing. Occasionally, I get the spirit to try to learn to draw better. This morning I tried to draw pony heads but they usually came out looking like ducks. What do? 

• Brohoof 1

The obvious answer is practice and study! At one point I wanted to take a crack at drawing and my friend Foxxy, (who is also an artist) said the trick to getting body proportions and anatomy down is to start with basic shapes like circles, long ovals and rectangles. Ponies are like cornerless pillows with breadsticks attached, and a circle for a head.

While I understand why, I miss when Hasbro wasn't so quick to take episodes of FiM down from YouTube. Where do people watch them from these days if they don't have television?

(edited)

I just watched some YT-tutorials and just used the technic that was used in them. after a few weeks of practise my drawing skills increased a lot (I still can't draw on a computer, but whatever :P) Most important: take time and don't be too impatient.

Speaking about drawing on the PC, do you think there will be a possibility to print pictures out of your mind into a PC or something some day? That would help me a lot :icwudt:

@Sunset Rose I use this: https://xxnightmaremoonxx.de/vweb/?page_id=79&page=2

Edited by Little Snowdrop
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, you'd be surprised how far we've come.

Thanks for the advice! Maybe I should tune down my practice drawings down to just simple shapes. Less disappointment that way anyway.

I watch MLP on Netflix. It only has up to and including season six, but I'm only at the beginning of season five anyway, and when the time comes, I'll use sites like Snowdrop linked to watch newer episodes.

How did you deal with the fact that when you started drawing practice, that still everything just didn't come out as intended?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Lance Shield said:

*Sigh* At least it's not a movie about fidget spinners.

Wait for the sequel....

I think it's prejudiced though. Why only Unicode? why not pegicode? :D

• Brohoof 1

Because coding is too complicated for some who is high.

Who else is going to watch mlp movie alone? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am going to, because I have nobody to watch with me. :grin:

Who wants to see the silmarrion being made into a movie? 

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Who wants to see the silmarrion being made into a movie? 

Ulgh no. It would make a good episodic animated series though.

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Because coding is too complicated for some who is high.

Nonsense. I have cut some of my best code too drunk to remember how I did it :D

• Brohoof 3