Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Answer the question above you.

~asdf~

Drink but I will say coffee. I am not sure if there is a type of food to which I am that strongly attached.

Do you at the moment hold two beliefs, both seemingly quite convincing, that are contradictory where you have not yet managed to resolve it?

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Do you at the moment hold two beliefs, both seemingly quite convincing, that are contradictory where you have not yet managed to resolve it?

Most certainly. 

Have you ever had recurring dreams?

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Eaten waw cawwots and/ow cawbbage?

I assume this must say, "Do you like carrots or cabbage?" and to that I'll answer carrots, I'm not a huge cabbage fan :fluttershy:

Alright, here's a historical question because I love history! :yay:

The French and Indian War, or Seven Years' War, is often referred to as the first world war. Explain how the causes and consequences of this war support this assessment.

If your a real history buff like me this question should be a piece of cake! :please:

On 11/29/2020 at 10:08 PM, King of Canterlot said:

The French and Indian War, or Seven Years' War, is often referred to as the first world war. Explain how the causes and consequences of this war support this assessment.

like all most conflicts, over territory between spain, GB and France. and those poor indian... the aftermath, the European suffered financially  and the Natives..well you get the idea how that's going for them

How's everyone doing today?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TBD 🚬 said:

like all most conflicts, over territory between spain, GB and France. and those poor indian... the aftermath, the European suffered financially  and the Natives..well you get the idea how that's going for them

Lol it's a very bare-bones summary but I think it sums it up alright ^_^ I'll put my answer to the question below- 

Spoiler

The French and Indian War can be considered a war conflict for many different reasons, some reasons as relating to the start of the war include the fact that France and England fought this war over a very large scale, with battles taking place all over the world from India to ports in Africa to Southeast Asia. What differs this war from previous wars is the fact that it wasn’t a small scale war that only took place in the colonies of North America. The British sending over several thousands of troops I think makes it a very clear sign that this conflict was bigger than just the colonial frontier the English and French were fighting over. The English wanted to completely push the French out of North America and to assert their empire’s dominance in that region of the world, and I think they used this war as the catalyst to do exactly that. Instead of just having small militias fight small numbers of troops in the frontier lands of the colonies, you had full-on British bands of troops launch massive raids and bombardments of cities in Canada, which originally wasn’t part of any of the land that was disputed in the Ohio River Valley. I also think the entrance of other large world powers into the conflict, notably Spain, also helps the argument that this conflict was the first large scale world conflict. The British in retaliation for the Spanish joining the war on the French side attacked and took several Spanish colonies in the Caribbean, which again wasn’t anywhere near the original disputed lands of the Ohio River Valley. I also think that the world powers sitting down and crafting up a treaty between each other called The Treaty of Paris which drastically redrew the borders of many colonies not only in North America but around the world shows how big of a scale that this conflict took place on, it truly wasn’t just another smaller regional conflict by any means when you take all of these things into account.

I could have gone into much more detail but again, that would almost be missing the point and my answer would have just kept going on and on :grin:

1 hour ago, TBD 🚬 said:

How's everyone doing today?

I'm doing good, a little bit cold so I'll probably turn my heater on here in a bit :twi:

I'll keep it easy this time, so same question- how is everypony doing today?