S04:E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies  

309 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

My biggest problem with this episode is that it's kind of just a repeat of the episode "A Bird in the Hoof"

and just like that episode, it has tons of problems, but it's still enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The mane six has transformed to breezies to get them home and then transforming back to pony with Twilight's magic, again it was good. :D

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate this episode. I hate everything about it. This is literally the only episode I do not enjoy in some form. I hate the breezies, from character design to their voices to the way they behave. I especially hate Seabreeze. Such a whiny and annoying character. I used to love Fluttershy, she was my 2nd favourite pony, but the more I re-watch the show the less and less I like her and it's because of terrible writing like this that it's happening. I can't stand how she acts in this episode, she's so indecisive and such a doormat, she lets her personality and decisions be dictated by others, making her very bland and annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

I was honestly a little freaked out the first time I saw an image of the Breezies, but the episode was actually pretty cool! (You gotta admit, they are a little freaky.  :wacko: )

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not great, but not bad.  I agree with all those who say Fluttershy deserved better for her key episode.  It was a meh moral that she has learned before.  Know when to say no and AHEM...PUT YOUR HOOF DOWN.  I swear there was another episode where she learned the importance of putting your hoof down.  What was that one called?  Can't remember.  Her test of kindness needed to carry a little more weight, imo.  The stakes needed to be a bit higher, and it needed to be something she hasn't really dealt with before.  I'm watching through season 4, and this is the most recent one I've seen.  So far, Rarity's test was by far the best and the most believable.  The other element tests have paled in comparisson so far.  But what I did like about this episode is that Fluttershy acted very in-character and didn't do anything stupid, like Rainbow during her "test."

Oh, and I noticed this, and I just had to make a video of it.

What do you think?  I hear PewDiePie.  Coincidence?  Intentional?  We'll never know.

Edited by Justin_Case001

I hate this episode. I hate everything about it. This is literally the only episode I do not enjoy in some form. I hate the breezies, from character design to their voices to the way they behave. I especially hate Seabreeze. Such a whiny and annoying character. I used to love Fluttershy, she was my 2nd favourite pony, but the more I re-watch the show the less and less I like her and it's because of terrible writing like this that it's happening. I can't stand how she acts in this episode, she's so indecisive and such a doormat, she lets her personality and decisions be dictated by others, making her very bland and annoying.

The breezies are cute, no wonder Sea Breeze was pissed off at them, Sea Breeze was pissed off at the other breezies, how dare you criticize my favourite pony, her actually taking part in the Equestria Games from being scared of her own shadow shows how far she's come and how well written she is, she was being too sympathetic not a door mat and she learns the lesson at the end of the episode. But that's just your opinion so whatever.

Edited by NinjaFlutterbat

Title: It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Air Date: March 1st, 2014

Synopsis: Fluttershy takes action to rescue a group of magical Breezies, who're in need of some assistance while migrating home, but she begins to wander how long she can help them when she finds herself answering to the tiny creatures' every whim.

I'm looking forward to seeing another Fluttershy episode. :)

i was dissapoint i thought we were through with the breezies already

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually thought this was Fluttershy's best episode. Rather than simply focusing on her flaws (i.e. Fluttershy being shy), this episode turned her strength (Kindness) into a weakness. I thought it was really interesting to see the analsyis of her ultimate strength. Kindness may be the best policy, but sometimes being kind isn't the same as being nice.

• 3 months later...

You know the whole "we have to help the Breezies" thing was Fluttershys idea in the first place. She sure told everypony what to do, how to cheer, and even told OTHER pegasi how to help, but she couldn't give a flying flap enough to actually be up there helping. You have wings too, bitch! She should have been there flapping her wings the excessively, particular speed (not too light, not too hard etc.) Instead she leaves it up to other pegasi. Since she knows so much about them, why wasn't she helping? Also, as a species, if the Breezies are so weak that a leaf can fuck their migration up that bad, wouldn't the kindest thing actually be to let natural selection run its course. Then their whole stupid species could either evolve to be able to migrate without depending on another species, or adapt to a food source that didn't require a dangerous migration, or just die off.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I hold any strong dislike toward this episode, but it was just kinda.. okay? Nothing especially memorable, and the breezies don't have my favorite design. Still, Fluttershy was fun to watch especially because I've kind of been in a similar spot before.

• 2 months later...

Kt seems to me that this episode is full of touching moments. And there is one of them that was surprising for me.I mean the moment when Fluttershy realizes hat the breezies have to fly to their world, and she makes a tough decision to turn them back. She forces herself to be strict and confident to affect the breezies, but when the door is closing behind these cute creatures she breaks down... Pour Fluttershy, she wished them nothing but the best... That moment was so painful for her...

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I found the Breezies to be cute^^So i liked this Episode. I heard from someone, that they are kind off a new Version of the Flutter Ponies from G1, if that is true, i simply assume that the Flutter Ponies made themselves so small trough Magic, so that less Ponys would notice them, considering, as far as i remember, there were quite shy in G1 and originally didnt even want to interact with other Species, so i guess it makes kinda sense. Its hard to fit every Generation into one Canon. XD

• 5 months later...

This softer tone isn't really my favourite style of My Little Pony episode, but this one continues to grow on me. It just dials up the cuteness to eleven, and Fluttershy's arc is terrific. It does lay on the Breezie stuff a little thick, but they are cute. Mostly, I think the softened tone fits this story, which is one of knowing when to be supportive and when to put your foot down - in other words, arguably the perfect challenge to Fluttershy's core values. As such, this has some of her best characterization, and I found her extreme sensitivity to the Breezies' manipulation adorable, just as I loved her realization that she couldn't give in all the time. The nuance in the moral is something these "key" episodes almost always did really well, and as was always the case, that comes here with some really strong characterization: Fluttershy's kindness is at once her strength and her failing, and in one sense, that might make this the most layered of the key episodes. The moral isn't really all that different from season 2's "Putting Your Hoof Down," but the context here is different: her passive behaviour comes from her nurturing personality rather than from anxiety or shyness. Anyway, I still wish it were funnier, but I like this one more and more every time I watch it.

Score:
Entertainment: 8/10
Characters: 10/10
Themes: 8/10
Story: 9/10
Overall: 88/100

• 1 month later...
(edited)

This is the turning point from old Fluttershy to new Fluttershy. With a few exceptions, Fluttershy's character radically changes from this point onward so that she consistently becomes more aggressive and interesting. I love how this episode shows that both being too aggressive and too nice can be problems. The moral is a lot more nuanced than most. Seabreeze is also one of the best one shot characters of the show, up there with Lightning Dust. Everything about this episode (except for Pinkie) was done really well.

Score: 10/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 4 weeks later...

Rarity’s shining white outfit was hilarious.

The breezies were cute, especially their reaction as they started blowing around.

Seabreeze was an interesting character. I didn’t catch that he was a he at first. I wish they started him out a little nicer, then got more aggressive as the others didn’t listen. I felt bad for him trying to fly on his own.

• 2 months later...

I liked it. Not too much though. The story itself was a bit boring, but seeing the cute breezies, fluttershy in her bee suit, and the mane 6 in their breezie form made this episode worth watching.