S04:E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies  

309 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode has a great moral, but isn't particularly interesting to watch. Fluttershy is characterized really well here and I like the double sided moral here with Fluttershy learning sometimes being assertive is the best kind of kindness while Seabreeze learns that sometimes being nice and encouraging is the best kind of kindness. It's a more nuanced moral than most other episodes.  

The problem is that the content of the episode is kinda dull. Fluttershy is very difficult to make entertaining to watch and most Fluttershy episodes solve this by having other more dynamic character get involved in her story. This episode doesn't do that aside from Seabreeze, who isn't much more enjoyable than Fluttershy. Most of the episode relies on Fluttershy alone to be enjoyable and just like A Bird in the Hoof, it doesn't work too well. It works better than A Bird in the Hoof since Seabreeze is a decent character to mix things up with, but he spends a lot of the episode complaining about wanting to go home and insulting the other breezies. I get that it's part of his character arc, but it's not exactly entertaining, especially with his somewhat grating voice. The first act is interesting and there are a couple good jokes, but it's not good enough to make up for the middle.

Overall, a few more jokes in the middle of the episode could've gone a long way to make this episode more entertaining, but as is, it's okay.

Score: 6/10

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

This was an alright episode. I didn't hate it or anything, but there were a few glaring flaws in my opinion. The Mane 6 at the start of the episode seemed like they didn't understand Fluttershy that much, I felt like it was trying to be funny but I didn't really enjoy that humor. Seabreeze being mean and aggressive because nobody listened to him is perfectly understandable. I mean, it's practically the fault of that whole group of Breezies for not wanting to leave sooner and Seabreezes wasn't listened to. The moral of the story, that Fluttershy learns is really where the episode shines, "Being too kind isn't being kind". However the mane 6 turning into Breezies at the end I found to be quite frankly rather dumb and it tried too hard to be a gimick, it felt like. Bee suit Fluttershy was funny though. 

So Fluttershy finally learns something new ! I'm always down for new character growth. This time, instead of learning to stand up to herself or to be more confident, she learns that sometimes, the kindest thing to do is give some tough love. The breezies being a bunch of freeloaders bent on staying at Flutters indefinitely was really funny to me, esp when one of them is hellbent on going home alone if need be. The ending where they transform into breezies themselves was very cute, kind of like fairy ponies !

Flutters also get her Rainbow Mcguffin of the season, so now we're 4/6, only missing AJ and Twilight to get their super important, but not really, items. At this point, we're ramping up for them to be important, obviously related to the box, but we have no other clue into what's in the box, which makes me wonder what Twilight has been doing this whole time. Not researching the magical box of the Elements of Harmony ? That doens't sound like her at all, but oh well.

6.5/10, pretty okay episode.