S04:E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies  

309 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

1. Yes, that was the most direct Doctor Who reference in the show.

2. I feel them... Brace yourselves. Gryphon Dash fics are coming.

3. Thunderlane's design changed a bit. His eye color was blue instead of yellow, his tail was way longer than it was before, and his hair was changed a lot too. Maybe him and Flitter are dating and he wants to cater to Flitter's needs. (Or maybe that's a fanfic)

4. The Breezies were Swedish?

5. Swearing is canon.

6. Saxophones are canon.

7. Mexico is canon.

• Brohoof 4

The biggest troll for me would be Fluttershy not getting her key.

Oh, you don't have to worry about that! Wait until the end.

6/10. It was good episode, though rather boring. Only the ending was really interesting. Main 6 as the breezies? I didn't expect THAT O_O The lesson was good, Fluttershy was kind of cute (though I seriously can't understand people, who act like crazy, because of her cuteness. I mean, she's cute, but not much more than others and her naive nature sometimes really annoys me, maybe because I dislike people like that in real life), but she didn't really do anything new and while design of breezies was nice, I'm not a big fan of them. I don't know what to think, to be honest. As a key-episode it wasn't really much better than Rainbow Falls and I expected that it will be better. More... interesting.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The episode was pretty good. I loved the whole backwards Fluttershy cheer. I really don't have much to say about this episode and I also wasn't expecting it to be Fluttershy's key episode but I will give it a rating of 7/10. Also they had Dr. Whooves with 3D glasses which I found the best. 

And RoseLuck who was Rose. I forgot about Rose

post-18640-0-20860200-1393690165_thumb.jpg

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 4

Time for episode notes

Pinkie's reaction to being turned into a breezie would so be mine.

I still can't believe they got crap passed the radar

Nice to see Thunderlane again

Can we get fanart or toys of the mane six breezies please?

Griffon dash FTW

What was interesting about this episode is that how in the beginning of the series, Fluttershy started out as very shy and introverted. In Filli Vanilli she learned how to overcome her fear of stage fright. In this episode she became a leader and took on a role that many thought she was incapable of performing. We're seeing a natural progression here, which is a good way to develop a character. Just for this I would give this episode an 9/10.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, that was a pretty good episode.  I wouldn't say that it was the greatest thing ever, but it was cute.  I suppose that now they're able to make Mane 6 breezy toys...  That was a little bit annoying, but otherwise, I like the breezy design, and the message was good.

Now, I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but the key episodes seem to have two requirements: one, the character teaches someone else about their element and receives some sort of gift, and two, the character learns a lesson about the corruption of their element (Rarity's generosity caused others to take advantage of her, Rainbow Dash couldn't be loyal to everyone, Pinkie Pie overdid it with fun, and Fluttershy was too kind).  That makes me think that Applejack's key episode will have to do with being brutally honest, and Twilight's....  

darkmagic_png_by_zutheskunk-d5o90yf.png

Well, let's just say that I think that we might be in for the darkest season finale yet.

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 5

Soooo... This episode was kinda meh for me. It didn't really mean much, and it just felt like (yet again) the main characters doing some random entertaining stuff. Although, the breezies were pretty interesting, and they kept the episode from overloading on the mane 6. That being said... The breezies' design is so. STINKING. CUTE!!!1!!111!1!!1!!!1!!11!!!!!one

I loved the look of the breezies, and the Scottish accent, while a little odd, made them quite fun to listen to.

So yeah, this episode, for me, really didn't mean anything; it was just another showcase of characters with the added bonus of the cute little breezies. The moral kinda confused me, as Fluttershy kept flip-flopping between saying you should be nice and then that you should be stern. Eh, I'll probably change my opinion when I watch some analysis videos. :P

The part where she's like, "sometimes being too nice isn't really being nice" (or something along those lines) was interesting to me, though. As a graphics designer (sorta), I can say that it's better for the requester to speak their mind and criticize the request than to lie about loving it. xD Being too nice won't help anybody. You'll end up with a mediocre request, and the designer won't get any better. :P

Dat ramble, tho.

Overall, I think I'll give this episode... 7/10. Enjoyable, but not great.

• Brohoof 3

If the future; Dragon Dash or Griffon Dash please Hasbro!

Either that or an episode in which Twilight refuses to perform the spell. Then Rainbow Dash invites Gilda over and asks for Rarity to perform the spell. But because Rarity is a weaker unicorn than Twilight, she only manages to switch their personalities around. That way Rainbow's personality goes into Gilda's body and vice versa. That would be a mess...

• Brohoof 1

That was absolutely ADORABLE

The opening was basically a reverse ‘yay’ scene from back in season 1 :yay:   I’m loving all the callbacks this season

The breezies were pretty cool. They’re designs were cute and creative, pretty different from the old generations’ breezies. I loved their language, it was kinda a mix of a few different things. I wish we could’ve heard more names besides Seabreeze and Twirly, though… They’re interactions with Flutters were cute and the way they all just playing around in her cottage  :wub:  And pretending they all had colds...

Then Seabreeze leaving on his own and getting in trouble, with Fluttershy having to come and save him (the bee costume was adorable~). I caught on that it was a key episode when Fluttershy mentioned her kindness, since they seem to be getting keys when they relearn their Element then teach it to another character, who then gives them the key. So, now Fluttershy has a flower as her key. Applejack and Twilight to go. But I guess the theory that key episodes would have the character’s name in the title is out the window now

Spike apologizing for messing up the breeze was so cute. I really like Spike, I wish he’d get some more important roles for once…

We saw Thunderlane and Flitter again~! … Did Thunder have a different voice…? :huh:

Mane 6 breezies. Designs. Voices. Manes. Cuteness overload. I can’t…

I expect fanart of griffon!Dash and dragon!Dash by Monday~ B) 

• Brohoof 1

I pretty much agree.   If tightened up, though shorter, it would have improved the episode to me.  The best parts were the ending and after that the beginning with the middle being boring.  & it looks like Fluttershy doesn't remember the past lessons she has learned, not surprising in a show aimed at kids so characters have to keep relearning the same lessons.

Though this may mean more characters for EQE section, like Band Pony.

6/10. It was good episode, though rather boring. Only the ending was really interesting. Main 6 as the breezies? I didn't expect THAT O_O The lesson was good, Fluttershy was kind of cute (though I seriously can't understand people, who act like crazy, because of her cuteness. I mean, she's cute, but not much more than others and her naive nature sometimes really annoys me, maybe because I dislike people like that in real life), but she didn't really do anything new and while design of breezies was nice, I'm not a big fan of them. I don't know what to think, to be honest. As a key-episode it wasn't really much better than Rainbow Falls and I expected that it will be better. More... interesting.

(edited)

Well that was a pretty good episode, I seriously did not expect that ending. Well, I expected a key thing yeah, but I didn't think they'd be changing into breezies! Twilight you are powerful. :o

Although, I'd argue that nothing reallly too exciting happened in this episode before the ending. The breezies flew through Ponyville, Spike climbed on a tree and broke a leaf off that flew into the flight path and got some of them off-course, Fluttershy saved them, they wanna stay with her but that one named Seabreeze(wasn't that also the name of that dog Brian got with in Family Guy? lol) wants to leave, everypony else is wondering why it's taking so long, yadayadayada. So yeah, the episode kinda bored me. The breezies were cute as hell sure but they turned out to be pretty typical unwanted houseguest animal characters to me. Like I just said though, it really seems that they chose to save the best moments of the episode for last, from Seabreeze flying away to get attacked by bees only to have Fluttershy save him, to Twilight turning the whole Mane 6 into breezies, to Rainbow Dash asking if Twilight could turn her into other creatures(I can hear the fanfics being typed write now, oh man), that was all great, the episode should have had more of that. Kinda typical that Fluttershy's object is a flower though, unless it's some kind of special flower, I mean it did grow from breezy to pony size with her and seems to be from another dimension...? Who knows if it'll have any signifigance beyond being a flower and a key though.

Anyway, a somewhat boring episode salvalged by an excellent conclusion. Really liked it for the most part. :)

8.5/10

Edited by Radiance64
  • Brohoof 3

3. Thunderlane's design changed a bit. His eye color was blue instead of yellow, his tail was way longer than it was before, and his hair was changed a lot too. Maybe him and Flitter are dating and he wants to cater to Flitter's needs. (Or maybe that's a fanfic)

I don't think that was Thunderlane, aside from the similar coat(Didn't see his cutie mark), I'd say it was a different character altogether

We saw Thunderlane and Flitter again~! … Did Thunder have a different voice…? :huh:

t roles for once…

He had a whole different body, that is! His eyes were blue, his tail was long, and his hair wasn't spiked! Although, yeah, I'd love him to have a permanent voice.

(edited)

I await the influx of Griffon Dash and Breezie Mane 6 art work that will no doubt occur thanks to this episode.

Speaking of this episode, despite the fact that I can't find much wrong here, this episode was still somewhat boring to me and I can't put my finger on why. Seabreeze was easily the best part of the episode, especially when it's revealed at the end that he possibly had a family waiting for him back home, so you end up feeling bad for him at the prospect of them being unable to go home until the next migration and I don't think they state how long that would be. The final transformation sequence was a touch weird, but I can't fault them for doing it because not only does it not detract from the episode as a whole, but it's nice whenever Twilight gets a chance to stretch her magical muscle. Also, anyone who tries to say that wasn't a Doctor Who reference with the 3D glasses is seriously delusional.

Four keys down, two to go. Figures that Applejack would get her's last (besides Twilight, who no doubt they're saving for the season finale). A spool of rainbow wool, a badge, a rubber chicken and now a flower...how these items will open the chest is anyone's guess.    

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

99% certain that this is going to be Fluttershy's key episode.  From the episode synopsis, it sounds like Fluttershy will have to confront the element she best embodies, Kindness, being abused and pushed to excessive bounds.

What I'm most interested to see is if this episode will solely star Fluttershy and Fluttershy alone; if it picks up when Fluttershy departed Ponyville in "Three's a Crowd" to study the Breezies, then I suppose we can assume that it will, or at least, she'll be the only member of the Mane 6 present.  This is very interesting, because episodes starring any of the Mane 6 by themselves are rare enough as it is, but seeing Fluttershy herself separated from the group and dealing with a personal matter of this scale is unheard of and I'm very interested to see how she handles herself away from the others.

Wow.  I decided not even to read the brief write ups.  I wanted to enter this episode totally unspoiled.  But now I kinda wish I had a heads up this would be Fluttershy's rainbow episode.  Anyway, thoughts so far. 

-The breezies have bodies very similar to the ponies.  I should have known there was a reason for this.  :P

-Pinkie Pie could hardly contain herself.  :lol:

-I liked how they transitioned from the gibberish the rest of the Mane 6 heard Seabreeze say to what Fluttershy is able to hear when she is alone with them. 

-Being firm doesn't come easily to Fluttershy but, deep down, she knew that it was the only way to truly be kind to the breezies.  Finding, or rediscovering, another aspect to a pony's assigned virtue seems to be the way to finding their rainbow key. 

-As I said, I should have foreseen somepony becoming a breezy based on their body type.  But I wouldn't have expected the whole Mane 6.  Is this a new toy line?  As with crystal winged Rarity (or whatever she was called) from Sonic Rainboom, they found a credible way to work them into an episode.  :)

-Rainbow Dash made a nice allusion to Gilda at the end by hoping to become a griffon.  I wonder if we'll ever see her again? 

All in all, a fine Fluttershy episode but I liked Filli Vanilli better. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think that was Thunderlane, aside from the similar coat(Didn't see his cutie mark), I'd say it was a different character altogether

Hm... Long shot. The animators usually animate Thunderlane and Flitter together for some reason, so I just assumed that was Thunderlane with a few different characteristics. I'm just waiting for an HD upload to check his cutie mark.

A decent Fluttersjy episode. Two in three weeks, not bad. It again showed a different side to her other than her shyness, which I enjoy seeing. Other than that nothing that I really loved or hated about the episode.

Well, except the Swedish accents for the breezies.

No, I think Applejack's key episode will be about her being honest to herself instead of others.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility too.  It would probably make a better episode as well...

Band Pony does look a lot like Thunderlane.  The stream I watched it on after the episode showed a screen shot of Band Pony & of Thunderlane.  He has a different Main style, eye color ect.  They could be relatives, brothers perhaps even. 

I think overall it was an average episode.  It would have been better tightened up, as I mentioned, but that would have resulted in the episode being to short to air likely with the run time of perhaps 14 or 17 minutes I'd guess, cutting out a lot of the dull middle that doesn't need to have been so long to show that the breezies were using Fluttershy and she was allowing it.

(edited)

One of my favorite Rarity moments happened in this episode!! :wub::D

YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY SEQUINS.

:wub:  

Alright, down to brass tax.

rarity_armor_by_dashin_stallion-d5u9c01.There were two things that really stood out to me in this episode: The aforementioned scene with the sequins that was incredibly in-depth and an enjoyable thing to see (which, no matter how I word it, it's just me and my creepy love bond with fashion pone being put on display...again :P ) and the character Seabreeze.

No doubt in my mind Seabreeze is one of the best characters I've seen in the series to date.

lady_rarity_by_purplefairy456-d426fwb.pn

First off, I couldn't tell if he was a chick or a dude for a long time. I saw him getting a bit harsh with the other breezies at first, but I was like "Meh. It's like a coach and his team, I guess." Then the dude kept on and on, and I was getting irritated with the fella.

Then, I began to empathize with him a bit when he looked so upset and wanted to go home; he was homesick.

Then, all of a sudden, the dude displays hella cajones and goes out and faces near-death situations on his own. 

"Damn, this bro really wants to get home."

He's fighting, tooth and nail, to get back to where he belongs, nearly dying a couple of times in the process.

Fluttershy saves him, blah blah blah blah, they turn into breezies and fly back home  :D 

BUT WAIT.

I don't have a picture right now, dagnabbit, but he was shown with a wife and a baby breezie.

He was willing to risk his life to get back home to his family.

That is something I can respect more than anything.

Bravo, little fella.

Bravo.

A problem I had with this episode was how buckin' creepy the Breezies looked  :blink: 

Those things looked frightening, and when the mane 6 became breezies...well...I was scared... :( 

I didn't like them as breezies, nor did I like the fact they became breezies; overall, it was just a weird and foreign concept to me.

Eh. Whatcha gonna do  -_- 

Oh, and Rainbow Key Episode  :D Gives it a plus.

Overall:

8.5/10

yay.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Well, that was a pretty good episode.  I wouldn't say that it was the greatest thing ever, but it was cute.  I suppose that now they're able to make Mane 6 breezy toys...  That was a little bit annoying, but otherwise, I like the breezy design, and the message was good.

Now, I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but the key episodes seem to have two requirements: one, the character teaches someone else about their element and receives some sort of gift, and two, the character learns a lesson about the corruption of their element (Rarity's generosity caused others to take advantage of her, Rainbow Dash couldn't be loyal to everyone, Pinkie Pie overdid it with fun, and Fluttershy was too kind).  That makes me think that Applejack's key episode will have to do with being brutally honest, and Twilight's....  

img-2361563-1-darkmagic_png_by_zutheskun

Well, let's just say that I think that we might be in for the darkest season finale yet.

I agree with you, Antismurf. I've been keeping track and posting on the "Keys and Rainbow items" topic.