Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Home Town

Fanglore

(edited)

Weird.

I mean that's pretty much our thing here, "Keep Austin Weird". We are a blue island in a red state (liberal), and try to preserve our local culture rather than become an average "big city".

I guess you could also use "artistic" since we're the self-proclaimed Live Music Capital of the World with SWSX, and a lot of other live music events here. Lots of arts.

I mispelled SXSW :o!

Edited by SparkWolf

I don't know... I don't really think much of it. Just another town that's a part of this state I want to have no association with.

I suppose you could say it's a rapidly expanding town. It's changed a lot since I was a child.

Sad, I would describe it as sad. No place is perfect but my hometown has had a serious decline over the course of the last 10 years. Businesses are shutting down left and right, the crime rate is going up and the whole town is starting to turn into a giant ghetto. There are still nice parts of it but when I come back there I have mixed emotions of happiness at some good memories and sadness at just how bad things have gotten.

Sad, I would describe it as sad. No place is perfect but my hometown has had a serious decline over the course of the last 10 years. Businesses are shutting down left and right, the crime rate is going up and the whole town is starting to turn into a giant ghetto. There are still nice parts of it but when I come back there I have mixed emotions of happiness at some good memories and sadness at just how bad things have gotten.

Is this town you live in called Detroit? Because that city matches your description (unless you don't want to say, then you have my permission to lie).

Is this town you live in called Detroit? Because that city matches your description (unless you don't want to say, then you have my permission to lie).

No, my hometown is thankfully not as bad as Detroit but it still faces some of the same problems. I won't say the name of the city but will say that is somewhere in Southern California.

"Hick."

Lemme see...

Untelligibly thick Southern drawls, public spittoons for spitting your chew juice out in (  :eww: Like the public ash-trays, but you spit tobacco juice in them) 3 trailer parks, 84.99% Caucasian at the last census...

I fail to see how anyone can live in this dreadful town, really  :unsure: So...ughhh.

Town I'm living in right now, not where i was born, so that said *clears throat*

-- Listen as you Read --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_5PUrquBtw&list=PLC4C29B263B8AA493

"This is Buda, TX...your typical southern little town. It has its cows and horses, its goats and long horns. And the people here are as friendly as they come. For the most part life goes on peacefully, though with its flaws of over construction, and new people constantly moving in, making this little town bigger by the season. It's hotter then Hadis in the summer, and its not nearly cold or wet enough for our winters... But every Spring, the wild blue bonnets bloom, and green returns to our fields, hiding the inevitable drought that we would face in the summer."

- Lightning Bliss

Buda, Texas? You're 30 miles south of me, dude!

And it's good to there are still blue bonnets in large numbers; I haven't seen a lot of fields of them recently :/, I must not be looking good enough.

• Brohoof 1

Infected

My hometown of Southampton has been named; "Chav capital of the south" in Britain. Rightly so, we've got a high street so messed up that people have taken to calling it "Mutant Mile" or "Jeremy Kyle Mile", not really something to be proud of :P

Untelligibly thick Southern drawls, public spittoons for spitting your chew juice out in

Yuck, there are still towns like that? Well I suppose with how many parts of my hometown I have seen where people throw their crap anywhere and everywhere I suppose this shouldn't surprise me, even in the town I now live in has a few places like that my condo complex is a good example of this. My upstairs neighbors will literally chuck stuff out the window and there are people who will put things in the dumpster that do not belong like TV's, couches, chairs some of it still usable which is insanely wasteful. One good thing that came out of my neighbors was this one fanfic idea where Rarity ends up getting cockroaches even if I ended up getting them.

• Brohoof 1

Buda, Texas? You're 30 miles south of me, dude!

And it's good to there are still blue bonnets in large numbers; I haven't seen a lot of fields of them recently :/, I must not be looking good enough.

Ya I was born/raised in Austin TX but moved to Buda with the family, its a nice town but defiently growing. Ya the blue bonnets out here haven't started up yet but I'm sure they will soon. We get some fields of them out there and since its been raining a bit I think we'll get lucky despite the drought. Cross your fingers!

• Brohoof 1

Haha I thought of Detroit too - although Detroit is looking up nowadays. The downtown area is not bad, and it's getting better (although there are still a lot of homeless people, but when I was in Chicago this past fall I saw way more beggars than I have ever seen in Detroit). It's the suburbs that you need to worry about...

My hometown? Haha... um... I don't even know. I think "eclectic" is a good word - there's a fair bit of crime in certain areas and prostitution as well, but there's also a hipster scene. And it's a university town. A lot of people came up from Kentucky to my hometown in Michigan to work at the Willow Run plant during WWII so we have a lot of people who are from the south integrated with African Americans who came from Detroit and people who moved here after attending university and people who want to live here instead of Ann Arbor because it's cheaper.

Yeah. Eclectic is a good word.

(edited)

"Evolution"

This small all-white hick town is evolving. We're getting diversity, and in the last few years we've also gotten several gas stations, a McDonalds, and a large grocery store. Our population is rising at a healthy rate as well. I like the direction this town is going in. :)

Edited by Mikami

Mine is one of the most peaceful areas of the community, so I guess "calm" will suffice.

Peace is great. Much better than war. I will want world peace, but that probably won't happen.

Old.

Like seriously, all people here are old. They just kind of stay inside their houses and do nothing at all. I did get some new neighbours who have kids, though! Nothing ever happens here, and it basically looks like an early 1900's town. (Aside from cars, it pretty much is.) No McDonalds or any other fastfood place, the nearest store is about 3 miles away, etc. Needless to say, I don't really like it here. :(