Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Home Town

Fanglore

"Rich" or "Summer"

Rich because there are quite a few rich people that live in my particular area (Nice lakeside properties)

Summer, because it's one of Canada's summer hotspots, and quite a few NHL hockey players have summer homes here.

I live in a city where there is a weird mix, and somewhat of a clash, of rural and urban attitudes. Like, traveling a few miles in either direction will lead you to a hub of some kind, old stuff or just straight up farmland.

This may not be the first word you think of when you think "a city in Kansas", but I guess the word I would use is "Eclectic"

Well I guess you can say you aren't in Kansas anymore. *ba dum ss*

My hometown currently would be "busy", and "careless". The reason for these words is that in Jacksonville, there are so many bad drivers it's unbelievable. I almost got into a wreck once because of a person NOT using their turn signal, which is severely against the law.

My hometown used to be able to be described as "uneventful". That has since been changed to "Mormon". However, I haven't lived there in over half my life, most of the people I knew left it long ago.

My home now... Does "don't stick it in the crazy" count as one word?

(edited)

I've lived in two home towns in my life:  Plumboro, PA and Dublin, OH (suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH respectively).

For Plumboro I don't really have anything, since I never really remember living there as I was very young.

For Dublin it would definitely be "Greener".  Not only is it in their slogan, but it's very apt.  It's a very well-kept upper-upper middle class city proud of its Irish heritage (though ironically founded by a German).  And it's famous for its golfing greens, but I suppose that goes with its affluence as well as holding a major golf tournament (The Memorial Tournament). 

"Refined" is also apt, since its strict building codes prevent it from having ugly Golden Arches scraping one's sky.  (Before you ask, yes, it does have McD's.)

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer

"Historical"

Since my town is older than Canada itself.And we've got many Heritage/Historical buildings that we're trying to preserve....along with some Steam locomotives. Heck, all the buildings in the middle of town, including our house, are at least 100 years old. We've also got a lock.

Some of hour historical landmarks....Disregard my mountain bikes. lol

p4pb9488486.jpg

p4pb8478792.jpg

p4pb9104561.jpg

• 1 year later...

"Historical" and "Apples". My town was established in the 1700's so it has several historical buildings. I said apples because the town is literally filled with Apple orchards. :P

• Brohoof 1

Describe my hometown in one word? "Snobby"  :comeatus:. Garðabær is one of the richest towns in Iceland and most politicians and bankers come from here. It is really fancy  :lol:

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

Bell. Stands for Bell Mountain. There's a big tall desert mountain that looks like a bell. I'm planning to go hike it when I get more fit. Also rimes with the H word. It gets crazy hot here which I don't mind. I like it hot; my car doesn't have ac, and I can care less. Hot summers and cold winters, so at least the classic has a heater that works good. It can reach 110*F here. Snow in the winter, sometimes. If I get too tired of the desert, I go to Wrightwood, Big Bear, or Mammoth Lakes. I'm like a reptile, cold-blooded.

Next word I call it be Native, for all the roads are named after a Native American.

Apple Valley, the town with no apple orchards.

Edited by KeithDJohnson
  • Brohoof 1

"Paradise."

It's an island off the coast of New Jersey. Every summer we went there. No big chain stores just local shops. Freezing cold water. My first job, a trashman. An old, moldy, shack of a house.

I've been to a dozen countries across three continents and there's nothing better in the world than that place.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Well the city of Albany, New York in one word..... I guess, enthusiastic???? Since its the capital of new york, i see a lot of stuff around town. It recently got a little more dangerous due to gangs moving up here from NYC but its all good. 

• 4 years later...

Overgrown.

It's a crowded suburb at the southern end of the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area. Busy and fairly boring because people care more about building apartments than stuff that can keep the plethora of young people entertained. I liked it when I moved here as a little kid in 2001; it was much more chill.

Edited by Prospekt

"Military" I was born on a military base and moved around a lot when I was younger.  I don't really remember my original home town because I wasn't there for long...  I don't really think I have a home-town tbh...