Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Birthday Wishes

Its Rainbow Dash

Here is a fic of mine I've been meaning to post here well I've been meaning to post a lot here lol., well this is a tale about Fluttershy on her birthday just short and sweet enjoy.

~ Hello darkness my old friend., I hope to have to never see you again. ~

Fluttershy sat alone in the darkness of her cottage sitting at the kitchen table her blue hues staring towards a single empty plate before her.

Sighing aloud she brushed pink bangs away from her eyes., Never showing much emotion she just bit her lower lip and stood up walking swiftly to her window peeking out it.

In the distance she could make out Rainbow Dashes' wild party everypony there enjoying festive music., Sweets and food of every kind., Everyone talking or laughing it looked like bliss.

It wasn't like she was not invited to the party it was just she had a better place to be at the moment here in her house alone.

~ Why must you creep up on me., Pulling me into the void my soul unable to fly free.~

It was her Birthday today and due to the party to celebrate Rainbow Dashes' One-Hundredth Race victory everyone simply forgot about this.

Across the way they laughed not a care in the world mind's free of any thought of her., Why should they care it was her Birthday it was simply a dumb day Anyways.

Sighing aloud she closed the curtains to the outside to lock away the pain she felt inside yet would never show the world.

~ I care not that you drag me down., The tears I cry never making a sound. ~

With the soft sound of her own footsteps echoing around her she walked back to the table once more sitting down staring back to the plate as it taunted her.

Looking down she took a deep breath biting her lower lip in silence tears slowly rolling down her cheeks., They would never see her cry.

Yet gently a hoof rubbed her shoulder causing her to leap up softly turning around seeing Pinkie Pie holding a Pink Present in hoof smiling sweetly.

~ Though darkness tries to hold me down., You'll always be there to make sure I don't drown.~

Tears stained her eyes staring to her friend in shock her heart racing inside her chest., Lower lip quivering she couldn't think of anything to say.

Pinkie Pie simply hugged her tightly her spare hoof wiping away the tears before placing the present down on the table beside the lone plate.

Opening the small box before her., Fluttershy could make out a single Cupcake decorated in sparkling Pink frosting and colorful sprinkles of all kinds.

Both ponies sat down the darkness in the room making it hard to see around them as the sun set from outside music from across the way filling the room.

~ You are my friend so innocent so true., And for your love this I thank you.~

The room suddenly lit up more as a flame appeared atop an orange colored wick., In her hoof Pinkie Pie held a small candle lit by a bright blue flame.

Leaning over she placed the candle atop the cupcake with a giggle., Fluttershy could do nothing more but just smile.

She knew her friend wanted her to make a wish., but in her heart she knew Pinkie Pie had already granted it.

• Brohoof 2