Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

which is better? Being single or not?

Espurr

It totally depends on the person you are asking to. Some are cutting their veins because they don't have that special someone, some couldn't care less, some actively avoid it.

Personally I think being single is great. I don't like most people, either that or we don't click with what we expect from the other and I'm just too different to connect with the general public making the search hard mode, I'm used to the idea of not finding anyone and it's ok. Although, I would still like to have someone I could share my time with and it would be nice to have some company to get through the trash hole that is life.

It depends sometimes a relationship can have you feel like it would be better being alone then others that you would never want to be alone. Yet generally speaking I prefer being single for the fun of it but prefer being in a relationship for the emotional fulfillment that comes being in a relationship my dudes.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

👏🏻👏🏻I have 21 characters why won’t this thing submit

Maybe because you characters were singles? :orly:

The solution to the character limit bug is to add a quote tag into the post, it can be empty. Like this:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

There’s no objectively “better” option. It just depends on what you want out of life.

Yeah, and how good might the other person happen to be for you.

An overly dependent person can drag you down and be overly dramatic. Someone detatched can be bad too if said person is not only detatched but unsupportive.

Some ponies need certain kind of people, some others are better off alone, many are toxic for their partners and would do better off away. It depends on goals and how they get together.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee® said:

Maybe because you characters were singles? :orly:

The solution to the character limit bug is to add a quote tag into the post, it can be empty. Like this:

Even the characters are enjoying that single life 😂 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, WWolf said:

I mean I definitely want to be with someone :wacko: . No guarantees despite what all those songs will tell you :ithastolookpretty:.

Better bring up that dating site and get whatever is left on your credit card after the latest airplane you bought. You need room for two on the plane as well! Get a new plane!

19 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

Better bring up that dating site and get whatever is left on your credit card after the latest airplane you bought. You need room for two on the plane as well! Get a new plane!

Eheheh what :wacko: ? I'll need several good credit cards for that :P

1 minute ago, WWolf said:

Eheheh what :wacko: ? I'll need several good credit cards for that :P

Plane more expensive than date? Maybe you should date an aircraft :Thorax:

6 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

Plane more expensive than date? Maybe you should date an aircraft :Thorax:

The former is a probably :P . Being able to buy a plane... is relatively easy. You just need the money and then it won't leave you :wacko: .

21 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Even the characters are enjoying that single life 😂 

There used to be a time in computer history, before Unicode characters, where you needed a special character set for languages like Japanese, because single characters couldn't fit all the letters for those languages, so called "double characters". Even with Swedish that has more letters in the alphabet, such as å, ä, and ö, "single characters" were still enough.

Yea, the more you know! :mlp_icwudt:

5 minutes ago, WWolf said:

it won't leave you :wacko: .

Best condition!

14 hours ago, Splashee® said:

There used to be a time in computer history, before Unicode characters, where you needed a special character set for languages like Japanese, because single characters couldn't fit all the letters for those languages, so called "double characters". Even with Swedish that has more letters in the alphabet, such as å, ä, and ö, "single characters" were still enough.

Yea, the more you know! :mlp_icwudt:

Even the letters can’t escape!

In French class I had to use “œ” quite a bit, which was always awkward to write on paper cause it’s basically two letters in one. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I'm pretty bored with being single now.

Need to figure out how to not be single... I think buying an expensive wedding ring might be one step in the right direction :huh: I am not too good with advise

Which choice is better can depend somewhat on where you are in your life in terms of experience, maturity and aspirations. Everyone starts out solo by default and can be comfortable with it because they’re used to it, or simply because they are predisposed to a single lifestyle. Some people prefer to use that time to form a foundation to a married life later on. To me, the preliminary years as a single girl lacked completion. I think they would have been better served with a spouse because I think people learn and face things better together than alone. Having two perspectives instead of one can make life a richer experience. I often think the arranged marriages of bygone days had merit in that they didn’t waste time with the seemingly endless searching for that special somepony. It was built on the idea that love is built over time and developed through understanding and commitment. While this idea could be tweaked just a bit, I think the basic idea behind it is a good one; skipping the arduous searching and going straight for the heart of the matter to set a strong foundation for life right at the outset.

• Brohoof 3

This is a question that I don't have a precise way of answering due to lack of perspective, but it probably depends on the kind of person you are. If you're like me, you might find it beneficial to be single because you have lots of time to focus just on yourself and your own work.

On 8/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, JacobClark86 said:

I think being completely alone is bad. After all, when not even talking about this is not good. And without relationships, sometimes it's better without them than with them.

I agree with this, and also hi there! ^_^

On 8/12/2020 at 4:47 PM, ExplosionMare said:

Even the letters can’t escape!

In French class I had to use “œ” quite a bit, which was always awkward to write on paper cause it’s basically two letters in one. 

Yea, and you know me and fonts, all the special letters have very interesting designs, and are stored quite smartly inside the font.

• Brohoof 1

Being in a relationship with someone who loves and respects you > being single > being in a relationship with an ass of a person

I'd think this is common knowledge. If the other person doesn't love you, respect you, treat you well and so on, you're much better off being single.

8 minutes ago, Kamii said:

Being in a relationship with someone who loves and respects you > being single > being in a relationship with an ass of a person

I'd think this is common knowledge. If the other person doesn't love you, respect you, treat you well and so on, you're much better off being single.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

Better to stay single until you find someone you really connect with than to rush out of singledom into a relationship with someone you don’t care for.

Or worse, get trapped with someone difficult, that can mess you up (like a future relationship).

Example, you meet an obsessed girl, then later break up because you couldn't deal with it. Then you find someone truly worth your devotion and time, just to constantly get you and your new one attacked by the old one (let's say Facebook since phones aren't the main thing anymore).

Yea, I found a saved answering machine tape in my fake dad's private drawer when I was little. I really know how bad things get! My mom told me she did more things while my fake dad and her were together.

Yup :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

I feel like I'd much rather be in a relationship than be single. I've only been in a relationship once though, and she dumped me after about 3 weeks and never seemed to want to say why. My luck's never be too good in dating. lol