Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The afterlife, what do you think happens?

Noble

I've seen this argument countless times and its just ridiculous. What if Is Islam is correct and you're wrong? Then you burn in hell. What if Mormons are right? You burn. What if any other random religion that believes in a hell is right? You burn. You get the point. If you're believing just to "be safe" then you aren't really believing.

Why should I be more scared of Christian hell and not Islamic hell? You're only believing this out of blind fear of a hell you were told you will go for not believing. It's sort of like a marketing gimmick. Every product in existence paints this horrible picture of what will happen if you don't use their product. The churches use hell in this way to get you to attend church. What better way to get kids to attend church than to tell them they will roast in an eternal pit of flames for eternity if they don't attend?

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY that has ever lived or will ever live deserves to burn in eternal agony forever. Going to an eternal hell for non eternal crimes is not justice.

And the "faith only" requirement is incredibly unfair. You're telling me that a serial rapist can "repent" shortly before death and enter eternal paradise but Gandhi is burning in hell for eternity simply because he happened to believe in the wrong God despite all the good he did for the world? There are thousands of religions to chose from, all of which have many books written and have many persuasive arguments as to why you should believe them. So if you choose the wrong one based on however many factors you deserve eternal torment? I don't buy it.

One last note: You mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses having different criteria for eternal punishment. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in any sort of hell. To them you either go to Heaven (For the 144,000 "chosen" witnesses), a New Earth (similar to Heaven, but more like a perfect earth), or just die and are wiped from existence.

But here's the thing. I'm not believing just for that simple fact, I'm believing because I truely believe Jesus died for my sins. My life has really been better than before I became a Christian. There's too much that has happened for me to not believe.

Once again, this comes back to me personally believing they have a choice right until you get to whoever is letting people in. If it is their choice, then that's their choice. Nothing to it, but that's just my beliefs.

Same principle applies.

• Brohoof 3

In my honest opinion, this is not something humans are meant to know. I myself like to believe the heaven-hell system, since that's how I was raised, and it seems the most fitting in my mind.

However, I refuse to believe that consciousness ends after death. I think that having a person's "person" cease to exist is far too wasteful to actually happen.

Not sure if this makes sense, but I believe what ever you think happens to you happens.

Like, if you believe in heaven, you will go, if you believe in reincarnation, you'll come back to life, and so on..

Saw this video that changed my perspective on the human will and it's ability

We might never know for sure, but I think some of us go to heaven or hell. My theory is that we're either going to be in a conscious state or you can just float around in your afterlife, many theories are made on this subject so I could be wrong.

You restart from the last checkpoint, unless you've run out of extra lives. Then you get a game over and have to start over further back.

In all seriousness, I actually don't know what will happen.

I beileve nothing will happen. It's the kinda of nothing you can't really explain. It's none exsistence. The state of no being anymore. You won't know it has happened and would never really know at all.

That's just me though. What I think would be cool though is when you die you could pick what happens next. Like playing a game, you set some random stuff like the location, year you were born, what your parents look like, throw some stats here and there. Or just click random on everything, then away you go on some little hardcore mode game. Just one life to live then the world is deleted and you try again. Kinda like minecraft.

It is a confusing subject if you think about it too long but nobody really knows if reincarnation exists because, well,you are dead when and if you experience it.

My beliefs stick with what the Bible says so sorry for my 'narrow-minded intolerance.'

According to the Bible, when you die. Your soul leaves it's physical form (your body) and becomes present with the perfect, holy, Creator of all things.

Now two different things may happen. Either you face God as your friend and Savior, or as your Judge.

These two different circumstances rest on one simple choice you yourself make, but you had to do this while you were still alive: Admitting that you are a helpless sinner, in need of a Savior. And acceptting Christ's sacrifice for you.

Christ's sacrifice was this: He was God incarnate (meaning in the flesh), and he died as perfect man because he wanted a relationship with you. He died a sinner's death so that you could be forgiven for all of the times you had broken God's perfect law.

If you do except it, you will be with God for all of eternity. Heaven is described in the Bible as a place without sorrows, were believevers praise God.

If you didn't accept God's gift, you will be separated from him forever in a place of eternal torment. Place that the Bible describes as a Lake of Fire.

Now, God sends you to "Hell" because he can't be in the presence of sin because he is holy. 

He also treats it as a choice that you made. "Well, he didn't want to be with me before, so forcing him to be with me would be more torture than a Lake of Fire.

• Brohoof 1

I think of death as an everlasting sleep so I think either one of these things will happen.

1.You go on a chain of dreams,that seem like real life.Therefore being "Alive" in your own sense of mind.

2.You go to heaven or hell

If disbelief in God means Hell:

1. A child is born amongst the members of an indigenous tribe. He/she is a theist, but only because they were indoctrinated as a child. Also, the child believes in the native deities. It has not even heard of the Christian God. Will the child still go to Hell?

2. An atheist lives and dies as anyone else does. He is by no means perfect, but he has had a clean criminal record and has tried to be a generally good person. Will he still go to Hell?

3. A Christian or Muslim is sentenced to death for murder. They were a genuine believer/non-deceitful. Is their place in Heaven guaranteed?

This horrific monster is... not omni-benevolent. Even Hitler does not deserve eternal torture...

"God works in mysterious ways."

No offense is intended. I'm sorry for expressing my opinions.

Edited by Nova Genesis
  • Brohoof 1

I have my own belief that no religion taught me, I call it my after-life control theory

Whatever you believe, in terms of after-life then that is what happens, if you believe in Heaven then you will go to that, if you believe in re-incarnation then this will happen to you.

Because I follow this belief I Just believe that you get to live out a new life as your own character in the mlp world with their life events and personality that you created before your death in this life, when one life is ended another begins, your new one but only if your character serves some great purpose to assist the new world you will be born into.

You might consider it silly but it gets me through my day, it would be a life nicer than my own

• Brohoof 1

As for the first four of the ten commandments, he does not want us to worhsip false gods because they arent real.

But your god is? That, sir, is an extremely arrogant statement, for which you have no solid evidence.

As for what happens when we die, we decompose and the molecules and atoms that used to be us are recycled.

We were made from cosmic dust. And to dust, we shall return.

4) God sends you to heaven or hell depending on if you believed in God or not, nothing else. (Mind. Blown)

Okay, I call bullshit on this. Regardless of whether or not what most of Christians believe is true or not, this is just inconceivable. How could nonbelievers possibly deserve more punishment than murderers, rapists, child molesters, and so on? I don't personally believe that afterlife is a certain thing, but if Hell is real, and it punishes people for being atheists, why would it only punish them? It seems to me as though it would be more likely for horrible people to be punished than it is for those who simply chose not to believe in something for their own reasons.

Edited by Orangejack
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm well I could agree with what you said :-/

Though I believe when we die, we are reborn into a new life. Like your soul goes into another body, yet you forget your past life, but your soul continues to live.

Pftt heck when we die we could all go to a planet ruled by snails...No one really knows..

Meh...When we die we all go to Equestria and live as happy ponies. Or we go to a snail planet. :)

It just depends on what you believe maybe? Your religion and all?

It's a confusing and headache worthy topic xD

• Brohoof 1

Not only that, but most people don't even choose what to believe.

You have a good point there, most people are taught their religion growing up, which is definitely a factor in what they believe.

• Brohoof 1