Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The afterlife, what do you think happens?

Noble

I'd have to say that nothing happens. As our bodies die, so do we. As humans we entertain ourselves by saying we have souls and we drift away to a happy place to live eternity, but I refuse to accept this.

We simply fade away from others memories, never to be head of again. It's not such a sad fact if you face it headon. Enjoy the life you have now.

• Brohoof 1

You brain repeats all the memories it has (even the ones you are unaware off) in a sequence. All in 7 minutes, no matter how old you are or how many memories you have, then it simply shuts down. 
Though my mind is now deeply pondering over "the what happens after we die" subject, I shall be back with more developed answers, though I have to ask you: Are you speaking about a physical state or logical (brain,soul and logic)state?

You brain repeats all the memories it has (even the ones you are unaware off) in a sequence. All in 7 minutes, no matter how old you are or how many memories you have, then it simply shuts down. 

Though my mind is now deeply pondering over "the what happens after we die" subject, I shall be back with more developed answers, though I have to ask you: Are you speaking about a physical state or logical (brain,soul and logic)state?

Any and all. Whatever you think that has to do with death.

I don't believe in hell so why should I suffer in it? I'm polytheism, though I do not worship.

You dont have to believe in something for it to be real. You could choose not to believe terrorists are real, but they'll still be there terrorizing. You could choose not to believe cruelty or abuse is real, but trust me it is real. It's there somewhere. You saying you shouldnt go to hell for not beliving in it is like saying you shouldn't be punished for your wrongs because you don't believe in a punishment.

Edited by MustLoveCats

You dont have to believe in something for it to be real. You could choose not to believe terrorists are real, but they'll still be there terrorizing. You could choose not to believe cruelty or abuse is real, but trust me it is real. It's there somewhere. You saying you shouldnt go to hell for not beliving in it is like saying you shouldn't be punished for your wrongs because you don't believe in a punishment.

I'm saying that if there is a devil in the underground, why are we on his surface? If there hell in the world, why is there just mantle, core, and inner core, wouldn't he burn up? If people "sin" all day, why isn't god there to sort them out?

Where was god in 9/11?

I do believe in punishments, but why send it to the devil where he sins as well? Wouldn't he just reward them for their sins?

Edited by Three Wolf Moon
  • Brohoof 1

From what I've read I'm a Christian in a room full of Atheists.

All these listed below are from people who have seen death happen: Pastors

1) God calls you

2) He sends a welcoming party

3) earthly death

4) God sends you to heaven or hell depending on if you believed in God or not, nothing else. (Mind. Blown)

5) you spend eternity in either heaven or hell.(see #4)

• Brohoof 2

This sort of voodoo bull is for atheists. I am Christian. When you die, you either go the heaven eternally or suffer in hell eternally. Depends on whether you sin or are saved and repented.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. If your beliefs differ from the Christian doctrines than you immediately believe in "voodoo bullshit" and voodoo is commonly practised by Atheists.

You heard it here first.

The Christian God is all loving? Nah, fuck that, he'd prefer to see people suffer in hell. Sounds like a beautiful and compassionate religion you've got there.

• Brohoof 6

I have no idea. Perhaps there is an afterlife, a god, heaven or hell. I have seen no evidence of this. Perhaps there is just oblivion. I have also seen no evidence of this.

I would like to know what, if anything, happens, however the only way to do that is to die and I am in no hurry to do that.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea. Perhaps there is an afterlife, a god, heaven or hell. I have seen no evidence of this. Perhaps there is just oblivion. I have also seen no evidence of this.

I would like to know what, if anything, happens, however the only way to do that is to die and I am in no hurry to do that.

That's really good! I live by that code: What ever happens, happens. Everything happens for a reason, you just have to find out why.

• Brohoof 1

Well to kind of visualize it here is how I see it: Senseless ( as in deprived from all senses) Can't see, feel, hear etc...

Also, I do believe it's a simple continuity which you might be able to keep alive by immortalizing your name, but i'm kind of drifting off topic.

Back to reality, the soul would be free, though unnoticed, but I don't believe that we will control it, it will kind of "flow" away.(religion-wise)

But if it was to be taken from a scientific POV then i'd day it's simply a stop of functioning because of multiple factors. Today I was watching a funeral on TV after an explosion had occurred,  4 causalities: 1 of them is an x-minister and a 16 year old student, the rest are civilians, (link to news here http://news.yahoo.com/lebanon-bombing-kills-5-including-ex-minister-085845929.html)

and so I was watching the funeral of the poor kid, and ofc I was sad even though I never knew him, but seeing all his classmates crying is what happens after death, it's a happy and sad phase simultaneously, why? Because you are going to a "better place" but unfortunately "ripped away" from your life, an unintentional separation.There may be a heaven but I think feels like when before you were born, you know , blank.

I'm saying that if there is a devil in the underground, why are we on his surface? If there hell in the world, why is there just mantle, core, and inner core, wouldn't her burn up? If people "sin" all day, why isn't god there to sort them out?

Where was god in 9/11?

You can't just say God doesn't exist because bad things happen. Otherwise, everything and everyone would literally be perfect. 9/11 was planned and performed by Islamic terrorists. When we die, we will see God. He will either condemn us to hell or grant us life in heaven.

God doesn't "sort out" people when they sin, he lets people find out about God and repent, whether it be word of mouth from another Christian to something as absurd as a youtube video. The devil does indeed exist, and he creates bad things to temp Christians to turn away from God.

Think about it: Would you like to live a life of sin and luxury on Earth for less than 100 years then suffer eternally? Or do whatever it takes to fight the good fight, worship God, repent, and be blessed when you die?

If youre not convinced yet read this: In Christianity God wants everyone to be nice and kind to each other, don't hate. Someone else's view is this: It's okay to be a rotten banana peel because why the heck not. But I dont have that sort of philosophy, non-Christians are, as I said before, mostly meanies and terrorists. They think no one will punish them. God will, they are just reluctant to accept that while they live.

Lets say your mind, everything in it, thoughts, hopes, feelings, perceptions, memories, EVERYTHING that is you and makes up everything you think and feel during conscious and unconscious life, is like a small room with no windows or doors. There is only a lightbulb, and a light switch.

Death is pretty much that light switch, just getting turned off. That's it.

So enjoy the time you have here. :D

Edited by Blast Box

Read http://dailycurrant.com/2013/07/01/nasa-finds-message-from-god-on-mars/ and http://dailycurrant.com/2013/02/01/message-god-hidden-dna-sequence/

About a hundred other news sites say the same.

From what I've read I'm a Christian in a room full of Atheists.

All these listed below are from people who have seen death happen: Pastors

1) God calls you

2) He sends a welcoming party

3) earthly death

4) God sends you to heaven or hell depending on if you believed in God or not, nothing else. (Mind. Blown)

5) you spend eternity in either heaven or hell.(see #4)

Amen, this is what I'm trying to tell these hypocrites. Edited by MustLoveCats
  • Brohoof 1

Like many have stated already, I believe that once you die you simply cease to exist, just like before you were born. Reincarnation and stuff like that would be nice, but it just seems like wishful thinking to me. I can't see it happening logically.

• Brohoof 4

You can't just say God doesn't exist because bad things happen. Otherwise, everything and everyone would literally be perfect. 9/11 was planned and performed by Islamic terrorists. When we die, we will see God. He will either condemn us to hell or grant us life in heaven.

God doesn't "sort out" people when they sin, he lets people find out about God and repent, whether it be word of mouth from another Christian to something as absurd as a youtube video. The devil does indeed exist, and he creates bad things to temp Christians to turn away from God.

Think about it: Would you like to live a life of sin and luxury on Earth for less than 100 years then suffer eternally? Or do whatever it takes to fight the good fight, worship God, repent, and be blessed when you die?

If youre not convinced yet read this: In Christianity God wants everyone to be nice and kind to each other, don't hate. Someone else's view is this: It's okay to be a rotten banana peel because why the heck not. But I dont have that sort of philosophy, non-Christians are, as I said before, mostly meanies and terrorists. They think no one will punish them. God will, they are just reluctant to accept that while they live.

Putting it that way, I don't think god doesn't exist, like I said, I'm polytheism. Which means I believe in many gods, but don't worship. I don't believe in the devil. The only devil that does exist is the people who terrorize, murder, and rape others. Those people are the devils. I'd rather suffer painfully than get religion stuffed down my throat. Not saying that you're doing it, but I had a bad influence with a certain christian.

All in all believe what you want to believe in, just don't force into other peoples live and we'll not have a problem.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. If your beliefs differ from the Christian doctrines than you immediately believe in "voodoo bullshit" and voodoo is commonly practised by Atheists.

You heard it here first.

The Christian God is all loving? Nah, fuck that, he'd prefer to see people suffer in hell. Sounds like a beautiful and compassionate religion you've got there.

As many other posts I have brohoofed has stated, afterlife doesn't exist. You die, your dead body decays and is recycled by nature. You're not an organism anymore. That's all.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Fredrich Nietzsche

This means just because you can't see or hear something doesn't mean it isn't there. Look at the wind, where is the wind? Where is the wind going? When is the wind coming? Why is the wind coming? We don't know the answers to these questions but we still believe in the wind.

• Brohoof 1