Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you told your past self you would like My Little Pony, how would they react?

Moved to Elsewhere

Probably the same way I reacted when my friend told me about it which would go something like this

Past me: I am going to get into what?

Present me: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, it is a reboot of the My Little Pony franchise that has attracted an unexpected following among a lot of teenagers and adults.

Past me: Um, okay *I play along while waiting for the punchline*

Present me: And so that is why Applejack is best pony, but I guess it won't take us long to figure that out even if Twilight and Luna will share that spot for a little while.

Past me: Okay, you are actually serious.

Present me: I have to tell you about Discord *long speech about Discord being awesome later*

Past me: Okay, I will watch the Return of Harmony two parter *watches it*

Present me: It is awesome right?

Past me: holy crap, I love this guy this show might have something to it after all *a few episodes later*

Past me: I can't believe I love this show and I don't know what it is about Applejack but she is awesome.

• Brohoof 1

How would Jackleberry's past self react to finding that his future self enjoys, and is quite dedicated to MLP:FiM?

~Past self: "*Laughs* Really? Haha, well that's cool." ~(Overall accepting)

The response/reaction may vary a bit depending on how old we're talking, but for the most part I'd (probably) be cool with it. :)

Past me would wonder why I was stupid enough to waste a chance at time travel to tell my younger self what TV shows I will enjoy in the future.

Because, don't argue with your future older self, that's why!

• Brohoof 1

I would be very confused and question myself if I was joking, but I would ultimately believe myself deep down, despite how much I would be thinking "WHYYYYYYYYY????". Once I got past the fact that I would become brony, I would then ask myself why I would ever become one.

My past self would've been like "What?". I didn't even really know what Friendship is Magic was until I began watching it.

I'd tell my past self to watch it on the Hub. (I didn't start watching it till after all 3 season were already on netflix.)

(edited)

Future self:Hey...i lile My Little Pony...and I'm active on the fandom

Past self's reaction:

RarityFaint2.gif

:P

Edited by Lightwing

(edited)

I would accept this inevitability. I was never against the show to begin with and I always liked looking at the pretty colored ponies. I used to play with girl's dolls and toys when I was younger cuz I was babysat by my cousins so it never really felt like something I shouldn't have done as a boy.

Edited by Discordian

I would stand there, eye twitching for a while, from the overall shock of how awesome my older self is, and the fact the word pony was mentioned.

The cool thing about bronys I've noticed from this thread is that we all seem to be open minded people who give things a go, no matter how strange it seems to us /)*(\

That depends greatly on the time, since I did like MLP when I was younger. But if I told my self this 3-4 years ago I might have said: '' Wow.. I know I really like manga and all that stuff but seriously? '' 

I enjoy cartoons as The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Spongebob Squarepants, Drawn Together and many more. There must be a good reason, if Cartoon Ponies join soon.

I'd simply not beleive myself. I could imagine I'd go through a big argument with myself.  ^_^

If I finally convinced my past self I liked it - I'd probably just have gotten into the show much earlier.  :)

(edited)

I might have said, "but I like Rainbow Brite."

I liked the original MLP when I was in the demographic, then learned about the modding community, and wasn't aware that they made other MLP cartoons until FiM was really cropping up hard all over the internet.

Oh, I might not have believed my future self saying "They're not ruining your childhood." Unlike with Rainbow Brite.

Edited by IlikeBoris

No way. I've always been considered "soft" enough as it is, watching My Little Pony wouldn't exactly help that reputation.

And to be honest, from what I'd seen of previous generations, I wouldn't have been interested anyway.

"That toy line? It has a cartoon?" *being unaware of any MLP cartoons existing before FiM*

I never stopped watching cartoons at any point in my life, so it wouldn't be a shock.

However, seriously, if I could go back and tell my past self things, I'd have much more important messages to tell.