Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DigiBrony wanting to die out of the Fandom

notten1

DigiBrony as you know is one of the lead analyists of the Brony Fandom. He is (was) highly revered as the best we had to offer in terms of pure analysis. Although, as he stated in his latest video, that he wanted to die out of the fandom completly and to not have a hand in anything. In his post on his Tumblr said (http://tinyurl.com/m3db6qb): "I’ve unfollowed a significant number of pony channels and blogs, and I’ve ceased to hold responsibilities within the fandom. I don’t want to write for any pony sites or be a part of any more large-scale pony projects anymore. I’ll still be finishing the Brony Quiz shows and the Elements of Brony series, but I won’t be getting more involved in the fandom." Of course he is entitled to his own opinion, but he is completly depriving the fandom of one of the best Analyists to boredom. Also: "I’ve grown to hate the way my videos are interacted with and perceived in the fandom." Wha... Dude, that is YouTube, and more importantly, part of a Fandom. You will get flak, but you most definetly get love too! Please post what you feel on the situation, I'm really sad about this, care to help?

• Brohoof 3

well he has said before that there are more analysts more into season 4 than he currently is and enjoy its randomness than some overall narrative which I think he was hoping for.

(edited)

I've never cared for the guy or for in-depth analysis of the show. I find it much more enjoyable to just watch it and form my own thoughts on it/why I like it in the first place. I think it's a bit silly to put Digi so high up on a pedestal as though he's the ultimate authority on nitpicking. I don't think the fandom has lost anything by him calling it quits; IMO he takes the show far too seriously and it's destroyed his ability to enjoy it.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 32

I've started liking him less and less as I watched his videos. I miss when he did random headcanons and stuff.

• Brohoof 5

I've never cared for the guy or in-depth analyist of the show. I find it much more enjoyable to just watch it and form my own thoughts on it/why I like it in the first place. I think it's a bit silly to put Digi so high up on a pedestal as though he's the ultimate authority on nitpicking. I don't think the fandom has lost anything by him calling it quits; IMO he takes the show far too seriously and it's destroyed his ability to enjoy it.

Well, I can agree that being so critical of the show could have made him less able to just enjoy it (something film student graduates find happens to them with regards to movies) but losing one of the better analytic minds out there is certainly unfortunate for the fandom at large. There are many in-depth reviewers, if he is considered one of the better ones, it's because he is. No arguing with success, even if his success comes at a personal price to him. Then again, maybe I only liked him because he generally thought the same way I do about many issues in the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

I should say was saddened by the thought of him leaving. He was an inspiration for me to start a YouTube channel. (But, then again, I don't criticize the show, the fandom, yes, but not the show.) But then again, it's hard to leave once you're in. I could guess he'll come back eventually because of the big gaping emptiness he'll feel without his past community. Just high hopes and hope for the best, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There are many in-depth reviewers, if he is considered one of the better ones, it's because he is.

I recall he was one of the earliest ones who did such analysis of the show before others jumped on the bandwagon. I wouldn't say that makes him 'the best' - I'd say he's the most raging, serious business of the bunch though.

Besides, with that kind of thinking you may as well be saying "I like the other Starbucks here that's better than the other one, 'cause the other one's not as good."  :P

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 2

I knew he was going to depart from the fandom.

His videos were becoming shorter in length and he didn't have much to say at all.

I'm not upset by this at all as I saw his reviews as sorta boring. Not to say his videos are bad, I'm just indifferent about this.

post-14906-0-47950100-1393938590_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

yeah i used to like his stuff too but i think he just needs to take a break and think of a different perspective, 4 seasons of any show can really drain you if you spend your time analyzing and nitpicking without enjoying the episode.

(edited)

This guy always seemed way too pretentious to me and this blog post is really in character for how I've always seen him.  :derp: I tried watching his newest video out of curiosity and it was just unwatchable to me, he was going on about his personal life and upbringing as  soon as the damn thing started. I decided to try and skip ahead a bit to see if he talks about the damn episode itself and he was talking about how the breezies somehow remind him of kids that know what the want in life and can't get it. For fucks sake, on his blog he described his new videos as "challenging" but I don't think he gets that the reason other pony reviews don't talk about their personal lives and the real world is because it's just a cartoon with little to know deep meaning for anything and talking about it like that is just way too pretentious and irreverently annoying. It's My Little Pony! >_>

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 5

I've started liking him less and less as I watched his videos. I miss when he did random headcanons and stuff.

I feel the same as your post so I feelt no need to copypasta it ^_^;

One Thing I have to add is that I hope he keeps enjoying the mlp series more now when he's quitting since I believe he being bored with analyzing it was a big part of why he was getting tired of mlp.

I don't think Digi is talking about negative publicity. I think he means how his word holds a bit of power over his fans. He knows that the fans seek his opinion as the final ruling of whether an episode is good or bad.

Personally I think he's leaving because of the style of the new episodes, but I think we all need to sit down and wait till the end to really grasp what is happening before deciding to opt out of anything.

Personally I think he's leaving because of the style of the new episodes, but I think we all need to sit down and wait till the end to really grasp what is happening before deciding to opt out of anything.

He's still talking about the episodes, though. He's just doing it in a pretentious "artsy" way now.  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This guy always seemed way too pretentious to me

This is an unfortunate effect of popularity from what I've seen. I don't blame them though, it's tough beans getting mass attention in the first place. Doesn't make it any less irrelevant though; far too many let it go to their heads.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 1

No wonder he hadn't done any reviews of the newer episodes. I'm really bummed. I loved Digibrony's reviews- I didn't think they were too negative or anything. I can see where he's coming from though...

• Brohoof 2

As successful as Digibro was in the dawn of the show, I think he just lost touch with the show during season four, I think the nostalgia he felt from the earlier seasons, trumps his ability to enjoy the new episodes. Digibro's analysis video's were well constructed, and had a reviewer's good humour, but now he seems too critical and nitpicks too much, as if he didn't like the episode yet can't come out and say it, he typically compares season four with the previous seasons, which is a sign he misses the good ol' days, I miss the past too however, it will not keep me confined nor limited to 2011, a year I loved so much. My Little Pony is not going to be affected by Digibro leaving, we do have a new reviewer in Silver Quill, he has quickly become a character I enjoy watching, he is very funny and have a positive outlook even if the episode was lacklustre, so that is ultimately what people look for, simple balance between the mechanics of MLP and what effect it has on the viewer, this is why I love to watch the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, the Cinema Snob, Spoony and the Angry Video Game Nerd, they could inform and entertain, still the final thought is always the audience, what do you think? So think and feel for yourself, you don't need Digibro to tell you if you liked or loathed about an episode, you have authority too.   

• Brohoof 3

Whatever >_>

He wasn't some great analyst, in my opinion, just good enough; he's one of those ones that is made out to be better than he really is. He'll be pretty sorely missed, though, I know, but yeahh. His style wasn't really my style :D

• Brohoof 2