Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is The Scariest Thing You Have Ever Experienced?

Venomous

This was sorta scary:

I was playing Slender Man in the dark and then my mom came in and yelled in my ear. I almost died and punched a hole through the monitor. Then I started screaming......a lot 

Ok looking back 2 years later it was sorta not scary but still 

• Brohoof 1

Oh gods I have so many where do I start?

1. A head on collision happened feet from my vehicle on my way home from school at an intersection. Despite being in a panic, I got out, called the emergency services and kept one of the drivers calm, never been so scared...

2. The fear of never seeing my husband after our first petition to immigrate him to my country failed.

3. The Paranormal Acivity Movies too

4. My wisdom teeth being removed

5. A house fire back when i was a young teen

6. Losing my father and the fear of the unknown

7. 9/11

Ok, where do I begin?

One time, my mom was going to pick up my brother from a cancelled day at his Soccer Camp, and it was storming like crazy outside. She left me in the car and she told me not to go out. About 5 minutes passed, and I expected her to be back, I started to worry, and I couldn't help myself. I ran out and went to look for her. Tears scrolled down my face as thunder roared in the background, and lightning was in all directions. I ran for about 3-4 minutes until I finally found where everyone was. I was petrified on the way home, and ever since that day, I've been scared of storms.

I have at least 3 more, but for now, this story will have to do.

My brother is a game-artist, and he said he had made this little game for the oculus rift that I had to playtest for him.

And after playing for a while, I realised it was the game SCP containment breach.

I think I peed my pants, but I can't rember, I eventually passed out. So did my brother... Of laughing.

Not but seriously, SCP is some scary SHIT. I don't know but everything about it gives me the creeps.

Huh... so fear... not... really? I get the adrenaline response, but nothing I'd really consider fear, I think. In no particular order:

skidding out on a snowy road near a school

She Who Dances and Screams, a little blonde girl that occasionally appears in my dreams

The ending of the first Paranormal Activity

The first time I let go of God

I know I've told my "laughing silhouette" story several times, but this was scarier in the long run..and still is.

About 2 years ago, I was just having a chat with my crush.. we had probably known each other for a few months. She never was completely happy.. she kept mentioning "social anxieties" were bothering her, so I..well I thought it would help if she released some of it.

She got a little more serious, talking about how she's afraid of the thought of her death, or how it could have happened. I started to feel nervous..is she okay? (obviously it still bothers her, so I didn't assume she was okay). Turns out she was diagnosed with a lot of different things (argh, there was a point where I told her she didn't have to tell me, but she carried on anyways), and if they weren't addressed any sooner in the past, it could have been more difficult to fight it, so she could have passed away. She still has to take medications, or else.. I couldn't sleep well, and my appetite was gone in the morning, still jittering about that thought, knowing that someone I had already developed a good amount of feelings for had problems like this..I felt helpless and sad that a person like her had to endure all this, and still has to. I probably wasn't as scared as her though, despite my vibrating body :7.

More about her:

I still talk to her..well, text her at least... I did tell her I liked her, though we sort of avoid talking about that (there are reasons we both wouldn't date each other). She's a bit like a sister to me, though sometimes I feel like I shouldn't have said that (I did tell her she was like a sister at one point).

It's good that you were worried about her safety.

(edited)

So you were always worried about her safety?

I worry about everything and it can be exhausting and frightening.

During a bad time in my life, I was under suicide watch and was very depressed. My friends always called me making sure I was safe.

Anyway, I hope she's doing well :)

I guess I was.

Aghh that's sad. I'd probably be the friend to comfort/hug you :9 (or anyone in the same situation), so you could at least have a sense of protection from someone. I did feel like she pushed me away, which made me feel worse and helpless.. Since that means one less person is trying to help her, and one less person could possibly be zero..

She hasn't changed a bit in terms of what's going on, but I got over it eventually. It's scary that she has to take medications /everyday, which makes me wonder how long she could go without them if something happened :/.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I guess I was.

Aghh that's sad. I'd probably be the friend to comfort/hug you :9 (or anyone in the same situation), so you could at least have a sense of protection from someone. I did feel like she pushed me away, which made me feel worse and helpless.. Since that means one less person is trying to help her, and one less person could possibly be zero..

She hasn't changed a bit in terms of what's going on, but I got over it eventually. It's scary that she has to take medications /everyday, which makes me wonder how long she could go without them if something happened :/.

Well, I hope that everything works out in the end.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Multiple, long-lasting power outages due to summer storms back in 2011.

The power company's fixed their debris s*** since, but I'm still getting a Generac to prevent reliving that.

P.S.,

And yes, that stressed me out worse than the orbital socket surgery from when I was 5.

Edited by Anti-Villain

(edited)

Being in a car crash, which resulted in me being taken by ambulance to the hospital. I was in shock from it, and totally unable to move until we were almost to the hospital. They had me strapped to a board and I thought my back was broken and I was paralyzed. Thankfully, I only had to stay in the hospital for a day. The police officer that responded came up to my room after the doctors determined I was battered and bruised, but had no life threatening injuries. (They did a CAT scan and took all kinds of x-rays!) He told me that it was the worst accident he ever saw that the person actually lived through. Then he cited me for reckless driving. Years later, I STILL insist that it was the other guy's fault. He was speeding, while my car got hung up on a slick section of road while I was trying to pull off of my street onto the main road. He plowed right into my driver side door with his full size Ram (Appropriate name) pick-up truck! I don't remember it, but I was told afterward that I was begging the police not to let the tow truck guys take my wrecked car back up my street, because my mom would see it and be worried!   

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Being in a car crash, which resulted in me being taken by ambulance to the hospital. I was in shock from it, and totally unable to move until we were almost to the hospital. They had me strapped to a board and I thought my back was broken and I was paralyzed. Thankfully, I only had to stay in the hospital for a day. The police officer that responded came up to my room after the doctors determined I was battered and bruised, but had no life threatening injuries. (They did a CAT scan and took all kinds of x-rays!) He told me that it was the worst accident he ever saw that the person actually lived through. Then he cited me for reckless driving. Years later, I STILL insist that it was the other guy's fault. He was speeding, while my car got hung up on a slick section of road while I was trying to pull off of my street onto the main road. He plowed right into my driver side door with his full size Ram (Appropriate name) pick-up truck! I don't remember it, but I was told afterward that I was begging the police not to let the tow truck guys take my wrecked car back up my street, because my mom would see it and be worried!

That story is quite similar to mine. I was in a car accident and I ended up only being in the hospital for a short amount of time.

• Brohoof 2

Ok I got a story then *clears throat*

We went to a lake when I was 12yrs old and my 2 eldest sisters ages 14 and 17yrs swam out to be on a floating small piece of dock over I'd say 50feet of water. So I swam out there with them too, it looked like fun and there were other kids jumping off it, having a blast. Two boys where on there with high pressure water guns, they shot at my two sisters when they got up there, they hurt them reall bad so my 14yr old sister pushed one of them off. He got back up and continued to shoot her and my other sister, directly in the face this time...They were hurt and they yelled at them to stop, so my...stupid little sister instinct kicked in to protect my siblings... I pushed the smallest boy off the dock and said "leave my sisters alone stupid!". Well his bigger comrade, I was about 4feet tall, he had to been at least 6feet, he shoved me in my chest, pushed me over.

I fell back, hitting my head on the dock, fell into the water and blacked out... I don't remember much, i remember...floating...it was dark...couldn't breath but couldn't swim up...I guess shock is the right word for this situation. Luckily what seemed like forever... i felt hands on me, was the life guard pulling me out and swimmed back to shore with me on his back. Police showed up soon after and charged the two boys with a citation to their parents for reckless endangerment of a minor. It was scary because I didn't realize how scary I came to drowning. When that reality hit I cried into my mama's arms.

• Brohoof 1

That story is quite similar to mine.

I live in a very small town and the crash I was in became the worst one in our town's history so far.

I was in the early stages of shock on the way to the hospital and the neck brace I was in didn't help -.-

I got a CAT scan, too. But before they could execute that test, they had to be sure I wasn't pregnant. Now, I wasn't pregnant but they had to be sure. So, they gave me a catheter and it hurt... A lot.

Anyway, I stayed there for a night and I was fine with the exception of bruises and soreness.

I wasn't catheterized, thank goodness. Timing was my only luck that day I guess. It was obvious I wasn't pregnant when the undressed me. They didn't even ask.

Guys, don't click the spoiler!

:umad: 

Mouse tail!

B)

For several weeks, I couldn't turn my head. I was one solid mess of soreness. Luckily nothing was broken! 

Ok I got a story then *clears throat*

We went to a lake when I was 12yrs old and my 2 eldest sisters ages 14 and 17yrs swam out to be on a floating small piece of dock over I'd say 50feet of water. So I swam out there with them too, it looked like fun and there were other kids jumping off it, having a blast. Two boys where on there with high pressure water guns, they shot at my two sisters when they got up there, they hurt them reall bad so my 14yr old sister pushed one of them off. He got back up and continued to shoot her and my other sister, directly in the face this time...They were hurt and they yelled at them to stop, so my...stupid little sister instinct kicked in to protect my siblings... I pushed the smallest boy off the dock and said "leave my sisters alone stupid!". Well his bigger comrade, I was about 4feet tall, he had to been at least 6feet, he shoved me in my chest, pushed me over.

I fell back, hitting my head on the dock, fell into the water and blacked out... I don't remember much, i remember...floating...it was dark...couldn't breath but couldn't swim up...I guess shock is the right word for this situation. Luckily what seemed like forever... i felt hands on me, was the life guard pulling me out and swimmed back to shore with me on his back. Police showed up soon after and charged the two boys with a citation to their parents for reckless endangerment of a minor. It was scary because I didn't realize how scary I came to drowning. When that reality hit I cried into my mama's arms.

Good, I'm glad they got charged.

Scariest thing I've experienced?  The only one I had was an asthmatic attack and boy, do I want that nightmare to go away.  I was about 3 years old, when that happened, and the worst part was, there was no ambulance to take me, due to on-call, so i had a cop drive me.  In the car, while I was gasping for air, I find out, the cop was a smoker, and for that moment, i really thought I was about to die.  SOB, I tell you.  Once we arrived, cop took off, like nothing.  No "your welcome" or anything.  Pretty upsetting if you ask me.

I have a number of experiences that are pretty scary.

But ill tell the one that involved me directly.

I was walking into a safeway and notice a stange guy not acting right. Hes hanging around the corner near the entrance and His hands are in his pockets of his hoody and hes looking a little downward but you can still see his eyes and his hood is up on his jacket. So I keep an eye on him as I enter the store. About an hour later I leave the store and notice him in the same spot when I look but now hes following me with his hands still in his hoody. Im walking to my truck (My truck is the only one there in that area of the lot). So I walk some more and when I turn around Hes running at me with a knife and I draw my pistol. Hes about 8 feet from me when he trips spoiling any aim I had and is running away. I hold my fire and phone the police. I give them a discription and they tell me there isn't much they can do based on it because I described half the people they get calls about.

@@Enigma, your story on page 1 of this thread is fascinating. The part where the alarms were pulled is amazing. I have no reason to doubt this happened to you. If it did, consider consulting an exorcist. If, on the offchance you're making this up, you know how to scare people (like I said, I do believe you. But I also recognize that complete certainty about anything is unattainable).

• Brohoof 1

I remember when I still lived in Indiana with my mother...

I walked into the living room to ask my mom what we were having for dinner, and... she was watching the movie It. It came to the part when the clown jumped out of the sewer, fangs out and all.

That traumatized me for life, and affected me in a lot more things than it should have...

(edited)

@@NomDeSpite, I'm still on the fence if I even believe in spirits, I'm sure there's better explanations like hallucinations over not getting enough sleep and maybe a technical fault with the alarms. I wouldn't look for an exorcist because nothing happened for quite a while = w= I don't live with my mum anymore either and she's not mentioned anything happening recently either. But thanks for the concern :3

@@MLPForums Phanact, Sounds like my jam!! I'm going to watch it RIGHT NOW *squee* 

UPDATE: Yeah I feel sick already, I can't deal with hanging

UPDATE 2: This is literally THE sickest movie I HAVE EVER SEEN. I can't remember the last time I was so disturbed by a movie. I grew up on horror movies and I find the SAW series hilarious and Paranormal Activity a bore and this is really freaking me out. I think it's how.. Real it feels? So far anyway, it doesn't feel farfetched. Especially the snuff films, they feel to real!

Last update: Okay I enjoyed it up until the occult paranormal stuff. I would have preferred it if it was just a man running around with a mask B(

Edited by Enigma

(edited)

- Was chased by a guy with a knife once. It was midnight, Middlesbrough is a shithole, and he was drunk or high. I was lucky he was out of it, because he was stumbling towards me telling me to give him my wallet. I saw he was high/drunk/fucking insane/whateverm saw the knife (Which was more like a goddamn machete) in his hand as he got real close to me and jabbed it at me, and I didn't think for a second: The moment he got close to me, I just punched him with the force of a goddamn freight train, and was absolutely lucky that he hit the floor like a sack of shit. Then I just ran. Trust me: This is a town where people can call for help and literally have passers-by run over AND START STOMPING ON THEM. (Seriously, it was in the news a while ago.) I didn't bother thinking. I walloped that cunt and got out of there. I've never been back to Grangetown (The scummiest part of Middlesbrough, filled with run-down houses and smack addicts.) since. It's fucking terrifying.

- Saw a kid walk straight into the side of a moving vehicle. That scream and thud turned my goddamn stomach to ice. I was with my best mate and we turned around, and it was lucky the kid started crying and wasn't badly hurt, but that fucking scream isn't something i'll forget soon.

- A fox followed me home once. Foxes aren't exactly social creatures, but this fucker followed me an entire block, and every time I stopped, it stopped, sat and looked me in the eyes. Every single time I walked, it walked. I went into home, locked the door, checked by five minutes later, it was still fucking there, looking at the door.

Given that my bin had been rummaged through later on, though, and the fox was gone, I can only assume it was a fox where humans had given it food and it was hungry. It wasn't exactly scary, but it was memorable and it was fucking eerie.

Then I found it the next day, pointed at it, yelled "GO BIG OR GO HOME", and punched it right in the face.

Note: That latter part is a dramatization and may not have happened.

- Obligatory "Shit That Can't Be Explained": I was in the shower once and saw a shampoo bottle move across the windowsill. Like, not just a bit, but was dragged across the windowsill. Then I washed my hair. No ghosts stop me from my watching my hair.

One time, I was home alone and groped on the rear by an invisible force. Look, don't you fucking dare laugh and shut up, I know it sounds hilarious, but when you're home alone and something does that, you stop thinking "Oooo baby" and start thinking "GET ME MY SALT AND MY IRON POKER". I honestly wish I was joking, and I just hope I was imagining shit.

I once heard a noise that sounded like quiet singing outside my door. There was nothing there. And it wasn't a human voice, I can tell you that much.

We've had pictures "fall" from high on a wall and land picture-side up, without a mark on them, in the middle of the floor, a fair few feet from where they were.

To be fair, they weren't scary, but really unnerving. Strange shit has been happening in this house for a while, so we've gotten used to it.

Edited by The Big Fellah
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

The scariest thing I've ever experienced was the day I found out my dad ended his own life. It was Father's Day 2009.

The day before, I was actually with him, because at the time, I was living with him. He told me he had a few things to take care of, which struck me as being unusual. I didn't think anything of it, and went along with it. He didn't show any signs of depression, or suicidal tendencies.

Anyway, he took me to my mother's home, dropped me off, and said he'd see me the next day for the holiday. Later that night, my mother tried to get a hold of him, but he didn't answer his phone. She tried a few times, and held off to try again the next day.

The next morning, she tried calling him again. Again, no answer. She then called his sister and brother-in-law, who lived close by to him, to see if he was OK. They went over to his house, and that where they found him, laying in his bed lifeless, with a noose around his neck.

My mother, brother and I went over to visit our grandparents later, and that's when I heard he passed. My worst fear was confirmed. I didn't know what to think at the time. I was scared because I didn't know what it meant, and what was to happen next. At the same time, I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe he'd do something like that.

• Brohoof 1

That Jeanne D'Arc movie we once watched in history class, there was a rape scene were everything is implicit, but I'm actually more scared of implicit stuff than explicit stuff.

2001, a space odyssey kinda scared me too for the same reason.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1