Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is The Scariest Thing You Have Ever Experienced?

Venomous

Was driving with my friends down a dirt road in the woods. The truck ahead of me and my friend kicked up a lot of dirt, and so we kept going through pretty fast only to find it was a turn, my friend turned as fast as possible and used the e break and we nearly slammed into trees.

That whole night was just stupid....

My scariest moment is most likely when I got lost in a forest when it was starting to get dark, and I couldn't find my parents (I was 11 at the time), then, in the shadows I saw a fort or a cabin that seemed to be based off the slender games. As I got closer, I realized there was some sort of light coming from it. Then, a person went to the window, and stared a cold stare at me. I ran away screaming, then around 15 minutes later I found my parents.

I think it was when i was about 10 or 11 and i was some reason still awake at like 1am in the morning just thinking to myself and back then i would have my bedroom door open including all the lights out so while i was thinking to myself, I would be staring into the darkness of the hallway. Then one night i heard a couple of noises coming from down stairs, not loud but it still scared me despite me always hearing them in the night. But one day when i was thinking to myself and staring into the hallway... i heard the sound of the steps leading to upstairs... the noice i would normally hear when someone steps on them and that noice was one after the over so i was thinking someone or somethink was coming upstairs and of course at this point i was terrified to death, panicking and all. Finally the noices stopped and i simply sat there trying not to move since i was so scared but then i looked to the side to get a better view of the hallway and i remember just seeing this while fog with a sort of face slightly faded into it just looking at me. Once i saw it, i screamed and was crying and my mum came into my room and calmed me down but after that i never saw anything like that again.

Something else was that after that, i always thought the house was haunted and i thought there was a ghost in my room so i called it David and whenever i heard a noise in the house then i would just shout "Shut up David!" and the noises would stop XD

(I realise that it most likely was my imagination but you never know)

The scariest thing I've experienced or seen? Injury related but it's the same.

I'm gonna say either breaking a bone from playing tag or sliding down an entire flight of stairs at my old house. It's even more scary when you consider people have died from injuries related to falling down stairs. Miraculously, I walked away with a small bruise.

Both were downright scary in their own regard.

Another candidate would be glitches in games. Remember Missingno. or 'M? I had nightmares related to them before.

I was walking home yesterday and out of nowhere a black bird flew right by me! Twice! :c It kinda freaked me out because I thought it was trying to attack me. Maybe I was really close to a nest and it was trying to defend it or something. Either way, it scared me and I ended up picking up my pace a little for the rest of the walk home. xC

Edited by LatinoChurro

had to change this because it goes against MLPF rules and I don't need to get in trouble.....

so here is a new story you most likely wont see.... I was 13 at the time and my stepmom was taking me and my younger sister home from an Easter party.... my older sister came along because we rarely see her..... but she took somethings that belonged to her that our mother refused to give back..... we got caught be our mother and her boyfriend..... but they seemed pretty chill for some reason..... as my stepmom drove away we were constantly threatened over and over about the stuff saying they'd smash our stuff, they'd throw us on the street..... hell her boyfriend even threatened to beat me up.... as I sat in fear I told my sister "I love her" because I seriously thought I was going to get murdered that night.... it got so bad to the point where my dad came over to check on us.....  luckily we were still alive.... my dad and stepmom nearly called the police after they heard what happened.... which is why I'm glad I'm living with my dad....

if you want to see my old post read with caution its not meant for young ones.....

ever seen your parents fuck?.... its a traumatizing experience....I was 8..... my mother and step father.... their door was open... dammit not getting into details I just quietly ran back upstairs and played video games.... to get those images out of my mind

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

Closing up a baseball diamond at night. I know for a fact someone sleeps behind the bleachers, there's always this collection of stuff under them. At 10:30, I had to walk through the pitch black, desolate park to lock up the bathrooms. I felt really vulnerable, the bathrooms were about a 3 to 4 minute walk away from the parking lot.

You hear and interpret some pretty creepy stuff when your brain's on high alert. I had my phone out the entire time I went to do that job, but someone still could have easily jumped me if they wanted to.

As a child the scariest thing was seeing my step dad, and my mother would fight, and I mean fight. They would be hitting each other, and I've seen a gun pulled before it was super scary.

I hate seeing/hearing people yell at each other.

I hate seeing people yell at each other. It scares me :(

Oh my gosh, me too.

I'm sadly used to seeing and witnessing my parents argue and running away in fear. To be honest, I'm too scared to play peacemaker to try to separate the argument.

• Brohoof 1

This happened when I was about 5 or 6. My house is a one story house and we don't have a basement or upstairs. and when i was younger my mom would sleep in the room with me and it was summer and she liked to sleep with the window wide open. We live across the street from some shady people, like drug dealers and such. Anyway, I was lying in bed and I couldn't sleep and I saw this guy just looking at me through the window, he pulled a knife out and was about to come closer when my mom woke up and he just bolted out of there. I can not sleep with the window open to this day.

Always not liked water(no idea why but whatever) and the ONE time i actually go into the ocean and such i almost got attacked by a 12 foot great white. I didnt really see it but my mom saw it and calmly told us were leaving. She saw the fins and saw it come towards me and my brother. It went under as we were swimming but it didnt attack. I think after we left it was spotted, and our mom told us in the car.

Yeeeeah never been in the ocean since.

• Brohoof 1

Playing P.T with my friend earlier this evening.

Most creepy game I've ever played in my life, unlike Five Nights at Flamingo's which is just jumpscare central, P.T is just really freaking creepy and builds up never ending suspense.

Well, I can't really contend with most of the people in this thread.  All I can think of is when a bear would mosey around outside my tent on backpacking trips and such.  It's not like it was The Edge, or something, but I was scared.

• Brohoof 1

Sober?  Got food poisoning 1 time.  I was home alone & had no car or phone (didn't pay the bill that month).  I was spouting like a geyser at both ends, so I was on the toilet & vomiting into the bath tub (figured it would be easier to clean).  When I passed out I wondered if I would ever wake up again or just die.

Almost falling off the edge of a cliff a few months ago, or maybe it was just l'appel du vide. I don't know.

Also an event involving me and my friends a few years ago hanging out at a lake and then suddenly everything turned bad. (i don't want to get into details.)

• Brohoof 1

Having seen a big black spider hanging on the wall and when I started getting close to it, it suddenly crawled which startled me as hell.

Going through a haunted tunnel in an amusement park with a classmate when I was about eight.

Having seen a creepy gif in which a girl slowly transformed into a mummified zombie in a matter of seconds and that scared the living out me, leaving me with everlasting nightmares.

I've been in a couple car wrecks before, then there was a couple times where I drove up on a few car wrecks and stopped to help, the screams of people trapped inside are pretty scary

• Brohoof 2

(Wish I discovered this thread sooner. It didn't come up when I tried searching for it.)

I had a moment where I thought I was going to drown. When I was ten, I was on a family vacation and we were swimming in the hotel pool. All of a sudden, my older brother grabs me from behind, dunks my head in the water and pulls me under. Good thing my parents saw what was happening and separated us.

• 1 year later...

At 10:30 pm i was sleeping then i heard knocks on the window and i woke up and looked outside no one was there then i went back to sleep and then i heard this scream outside of my window. i was shocked and i hid under my blanket. i couldn't sleep so i looked out of the window again I saw a lady in white. then i went to my parent's room and i slept there. This happened about 3 years ago 

One thing that comes to mind is my almost (thankfully) car accident. It was snowing pretty heavily but unfortunately, school was still on. My school at the time was about twenty minutes away from my town and my mom had to drive on the icy roads. All was well until suddenly the car lurched and had us heading straight toward a tree. We got the car to stop only a few inches away from the stump. It was pretty terrifying and I remember everyone screaming and my mom trying to reassure us everything was going to be okay. I was pretty shaken up the rest of the day.

The rest of my experiences have all been paranormal, or at least to me they were. Most likely, it was my imagination or something explainable, but still creepy. Probably the eeriest was at a sleepover a few years back. Everyone was laying in my living room on mattresses and I woke up in the middle of the night. I saw a tall (and by tall, I mean nearly reaching the ceiling) black figure standing over me. It didn't have a face, more of a cloud just hanging over me. I didn't even scream, I was too terrified, so I dove under my blankets and literally climbed on top of my friend, clinging onto her. She didn't see anything apparently. When I peeked out, I saw it going down the hallway. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night and so I just kept my eyes shut and my head under the blanket.