Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 year old student suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow.

GenderIsAnIllusion

Do people not realise that kids just want to mindlessly have fun? They're not imagining that they're murdering their friends and getting some sick kick out of it, I remember playing this and for us it was just like long range Tag mixed with a bit of hide and seek.

(edited)

That's funny because I threw piles of dirt at my friends for fun when i was a stupid little kid and all I got was a lecture.

(I realize it was stupid but I was a kid, so yea)

And I also used to shoot imaginary guns and no one cared, my god schools have gotten so hyper sensitive lately, really, it it's not hurting anyone there's no reason to treat it like a big problem.

Edited by Pelate

Teachers and adults: Kids should be playing outside and doing what we did as kids, all these safety rules are stupid

*Kid fires imaginary arrow*

Teachers and adults: This is terrible! Violence must not be tolerated! Health and safety rules must be enforced KIDS CAN'T HAVE FUN.

• Brohoof 2

Whether the article is real or not, I believe a school would do such a thing.

When I was in high school, I went to the deans because I was my life was being threatened by someone in my class.

He started laughing and said "Get out of my office".

Schools say their systems are primarily focused to help and protect the children and all that shit but they act so irrationally.

Hypocrites.

This is just laughable, they let kids play Dodgeball in gym class, but you have a little bit of imagination, and a little bit of fun, and suddenly that's not Okay? What is this world coming to? Let a kid be suspended from school, just because he was having a little fun and have a little imagination, 2 things a KID is SUPPOSED TO HAVE? Yeah, that's a great idea.

Not sure if that still satisfies me, as we don't know of the school's own response,
In the original link the school supported this decision.

My reaction to the whole thing...
29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630a
I got nothing else to say... this isn't following the letter of the law, this isn't following any principles or giving any benefit to our society. This is purely stupidity to the maximum by giving un-nessecary punishment that is going to make the child hate education.

There is so much wrongness with today's society. If education is like this we are doomed... education is supposed to teach people what's right and what's wrong... and here it fails like a grandiose idiot.

... that proves it everybody that works for school districts are BUCKING CRAZY!!! :angry:
HEY! My parents used to be teachers on elementary and kindergarden. They taught me and my siblings how not to use violence better than this school! And although they are a bit crazy i will be the only one that judges that. I am not offended but please don't use the word "everyone".

(edited)

In the original link the school supported this decision.

That much is obvious.  What I really wanted to know is whether it justified the decision by the child making an actual, serious threat (so it would be at least somewhat acceptable to even those who disagree with zero tolerance policies) or if it was just a mindless application of an overbroad zero tolerance policy. We're led to believe that it was the latter by the stories given and the Rutherford Institutie's petition, but I just want to make sure that no critical fact is being omitted for the sake of ideological bias.

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer

Eh, kid's lucky. Wont be a part of a retard camp anymore. :lol:
Sadly i agree with you. I'd prefer to change schools as well.
@@OptimisticNeighsayer, I am... not so sure how to respond to this. You mean to tell me you are questioning whether the kid just got idly threatened to be expelled or if this suspension was a warning? In either case the school seemed ready to implement both measures.

I think you are trying to say that Poe's Law is in full effect here. I sort of agree with you...

Fact is however i absolutely despise extremism in any form. It has polluted today's movements and noble ideas like feminism, the guns policies here, and more... It is another word for fanaticism which bears no results and doesn't help ANYONE... I will admit however i have an overly passionate DISLIKE for all extremists and fanatics be it religious or political or otherwise.

@@OptimisticNeighsayer, Yes but... sorry if i fail to understand again but isn't it at least in a way extreme the extent to which point they reach to enforce the policy? Oh... you're saying that the press might have left some clues out that say that the school isn't so extremist oh... if that's the case well... i doubt it since same thing has happened before but... i still don't like it that the kid even got threatened for using his imagination.

Evolution was driven by imagination... restrict it and we de-volve. Of course none promote imagination these days... they just seek it, to take advantage of it, without caring a bit about the person. It's sad really.

(edited)

If a kid points an imaginary gun and gets expelled, people will say that the school is being harsh and unfair. If a kid does not get expelled and brings a real gun the next day, people will say that the school should have taken more action and was acting irresponsible. That's basically the idea behind why these types of things happen. If this story is true, then the school officials acted stupidly and should be criticized. Society has become very irrational and illogical when it comes to these matters and bases its judgement on fear.

Edited by LED Dasher

My reaction to the school:

My reaction to that as well.   Like really, it seems people are taking things to the extreme, IMO. 

That's it, that's the final nail in the coffin.

I, Asquerade, hereby decree that if I ever have children, they shall be homeschooled. Public schools may be going downhill faster than Justin Bieber, but everyone seems CONVINCED that public schooling is somehow superior to homeschooling.

It's only a matter of time before they start removing archery from PE, if they haven't done so already

It's only a matter of time before they start removing archery from PE, if they haven't done so already
They have Archery in Public education? What the fuck does that even help? But then again in my country they don't have sex education... so... i don't know what to say. 

They have Archery in Public education? What the fuck does that even help? But then again in my country they don't have sex education... so... i don't know what to say. 

PE in America = Physical education

My middle school used to teach kids in Archery from time to time, but then again it's been such a long time that I don't know if they still do it anymore