Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

6 hours ago, grotesque_figure said:

Gg. Starlight Glimmer is one of the most unpopular. I thought she would be the most relatable for a typical university student, ignoring the evil past. 

This post was made in Oct. 2011, she never had a chance at being higher on a list that most people voted on years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta go with the partiality choice. Rainbow Dash is just by far the most interesting character in the series imo. Yeah, she's got her brash, arrogant, egotistical side but it just makes it all the more sweeter when she lets her more compassionate, loving side out, which she's been doing a lot more of as of late. I find her comparable to the character EVE from my favorite Pixar film, WALL-E. 

Went with Sweetie Belle for favorite secondary character. Lives up to her name and I identify more with her not quite knowing what to do with her life as much as Bloom and Scootaloo seem to, though I like them too.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight: I see a lot of myself in Twilight. I love the fact that she believes very strongly in hard work and she truly knows the meaning of friendship. 

But, I will say that the most interesting character is Pinkie

Pinkie, despite coming from a family that farms rocks (yes, fucking rocks) is still able to see the positivity in the world and laugh. Her quick and playful remarks, paired with her random actions make a truly ingenious character. 

As for supporting character, I was surprised that Starlight ranked so low. She is without a doubt, my favorite supporting character. Shem embodies the idea of second chances and forgiveness, and the fact that everyone can change. I also think that it's funny that Starlight, when she was an evil dictator, brought Communism to a town. Anywho, I just love starlight for who she is and love that they transformed her into an important character. 

• Brohoof 1

Hey everypony ;) So, this topic is kinda obvious. Just tell us about your favourite pony and why you like them. For example:

I like: Chrysalis because she is....ruthless, and would do anything for her subjects, and she is crafty and clever. Something like that.

Well, enjoy!

Im going to start then:

I like fluttershy. Why? Because she is, of course, very kind, although she will still defend something she loves, even if shes not that assertive. She also is very caring and careful, especially with her animals, and she tries to do whats best for everypony.

Edited by Nature Tune
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle is my favorite because I see so much of myself in her. I have the same personality, nerdy behavior, anxiety, quirks, enthusiasm for learning, and sense of humor.

I enjoy fictional characters I can relate to and empathize with.

IMG_20171025_224032.thumb.png.8b0023a151d26f285e6b355f792a6f03.png

18 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Nature Tune

As this topic already existed I merged your thread with this one. :)

You didn't say who your favorite Pony is! You broke the rules that I just made up in my head!

Mine is still the Queenie of Fabulosity ... May 2014 to present and still going strong! 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jeric said:

You didn't say who your favorite Pony is! You broke the rules that I just made up in my head!

Mine is still the Queenie of Fabulosity ... May 2014 to present and still going strong! 

Kinda hard when villains apparently aren't considered villains in the poll. :(

My fav...well...let this speak for me:

king_sombra_by_huussii-d5kwh2a.png

The Dark King himself; Sombra. A cunning, intelligent unicorn/umbrum pony who was only one hoof away from victory; who never overemphasized his ego, never proclaimed victory beforehand, and bided his time. A pony who seems loud on the outside is actually subtle on the inside.

The True King.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Kinda hard when villains apparently aren't considered villains in the poll. :(

My fav...well...let this speak for me:

king_sombra_by_huussii-d5kwh2a.png

The Dark King himself; Sombra. A cunning, intelligent unicorn/umbrum pony who was only one hoof away from victory; who never overemphasized his ego, never proclaimed victory beforehand, and bided his time. A pony who seems loud on the outside is actually subtle on the inside.

The True King.

>_>

I could break you in one phrase. 

Thrawn vs Sombra. Who would win if they were managing a war against each other. 

RIP PathfinderCS. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

>_>

I could break you in one phrase. 

Thrawn vs Sombra. Who would win if they were managing a war against each other. 

RIP PathfinderCS. 

You know my weaknesses too well. :(

My favourite pony is Luna because she's the characters that was good, then turn evil, the turn good again and who try to do her best to be nice but still think she didn't deserve the redemption and all this love. She also kind of remind me sometimes, and that...that touches me deep in my heart :twi:
(ans she's the best pony cuz she's the best)
(and sexy, she's sexy)
(ans cute)
(and waifu)

Rarity became my favorite on season 5 when she got her nose ahead of Applejack's by singing her amazing "Rules of Rarity". She is an acquired taste since I found her drama and mannerisms to be annoying at the beginning, now I find them funny as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite is Dash. She was my favourite character when I first started watching, and she still is. Recently though Pinkie and Twilight have been rising in my ranks.

As for the secondary and background characters, I don’t give them much thought, but Applebloom is cute and I liked Doctor Whooves.

Edited by MilkTeaFD
  • Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not only is Rarity my favorite pony by far, she's who I plan on striving to be like in the future. I look up to her and how she is able to maintain her elegance in even the most terrible situations. She has quite a bit of inner-turmoil as shown in several episodes, and she has the habit to second-guess herself in a lot of cases, the latter of which I can massively relate to.

I also appreciate her finesse and rationality in a lot of circumstances when compared to someone like Rainbow Dash for example. As somebody who's grown up alongside a lot of the sporty, gruff, Rainbow Dashes of the world, it was always a struggle for me to prove my worth next to them, as physical strength is a feature of which I contain absolutely none of.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

AJ is best pony. Not many people see it, but she is the most reliable and dependable pony. She is also the most stable out of the mane 6, and I think even more than Twilight I think. She's also gorgeous with her freckles and tied up mane

• Brohoof 1

So this is an interesting subject for me.

Out of the Mane 6: Rarity

Favorite NON-Pony: Spike, seriously, he does NOT get the love and attention and appreciation he deserves

Favorite NON-Mane 6 Pony: Princess Celestia, her radiance, her confidence. Coolheaded and regal. Yet, she is the most hilarious little lady with a great, and overall adorably harmless sense of humor. She sweetly trolls. It's great. She's like a big momma. Sunburst (because omg, FINALLY A MALE PONY BESIDES SHINING ARMOR SOMEWHAT IN THE GROUP NOW.)

Love/Hate: Rainbow Dash. I adore RD's go-get-'em attitude, and her loyalty, and her voice, and her spunk, energy and drive. But I hate how needlessly cruel she is (example the pets episode. Making them compete for her love, wtf, who does that?!), and the episode where she threw a hissy fit because she had to read (oh Celestia forbid you make yourself smarter!), she totally insulted anyone that loves scholastic pursuits. Then the episode where she has to study for a test to get onto the Wonderbolts, and she obviously gives no darn effort into anything that Twilight tries to help her with. I get that everyone learns differently, but she showed me just how stupidly ungrateful she is, not to mention, actually not that bright.

Downright can't stand: Fluttershy and FlurryHeart. My God, can two characters be so needlessly annoying or useless? Fluttershy is beyond meek and shy, she's utterly useless in the long run and the biggest coward I've ever seen. She practically has to be babysat through an entire ordeal until it's 'convenient' for her not to be. Which is usually not when she actually needs to be useful, but when there's literally no other options and she has to be made useful. And when she finally does learn to be assertive, it's 0 to ***** in seconds. There's no in between with her. The way she reacted to those ponies attempting to help her build her animal sanctuary? I'm sorry, I get she was being encroached upon creatively, but there was a nicer and less insulting way to handle that. She was downright rude. I was aghast to be honest. All in all, she blends into the background for me, and obviously she'd rather stay there, so I'm all for that.
FlurryHeart, my dear, Lord, okay, I get it, babies are a handful, a stupid, stupid, large handful and a burden. But they honestly couldn't have made a more infuriating and unlikable baby. Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were a pain,but overall adorable and lovable. But FlurryHeart? The most pain in the tail, destructive little _____, I have ever experienced in a character, let alone a baby character you are supposed to 'coo' over.

Edited by Momento Mori
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Momento Mori said:

Love/Hate: Rainbow Dash. I adore RD's go-get-'em attitude, and her loyalty, and her voice, and her spunk, energy and drive. But I hate how needlessly cruel she is (example the pets episode. Making them compete for her love, wtf, who does that?!), and the episode where she threw a hissy fit because she had to read (oh Celestia forbid you make yourself smarter!), she totally insulted anyone that loves scholastic pursuits. Then the episode where she has to study for a test to get onto the Wonderbolts, and she obviously gives no darn effort into anything that Twilight tries to help her with. I get that everyone learns differently, but she showed me just how stupidly ungrateful she is, not to mention, actually not that bright.

Downright can't stand: Fluttershy and FlurryHeart. My God, can two characters be so needlessly annoying or useless? Fluttershy is beyond meek and shy, she's utterly useless in the long run and the biggest coward I've ever seen. She practically has to be babysat through an entire ordeal until it's 'convenient' for her not to be. Which is usually not when she actually needs to be useful, but when there's literally no other options and she has to be made useful. And when she finally does learn to be assertive, it's 0 to ***** in seconds. There's no in between with her. The way she reacted to those ponies attempting to help her build her animal sanctuary? I'm sorry, I get she was being encroached upon creatively, but there was a nicer and less insulting way to handle that. She was downright rude. I was aghast to be honest. All in all, she blends into the background for me, and obviously she'd rather stay there, so I'm all for that.
FlurryHeart, my dear, Lord, okay, I get it, babies are a handful, a stupid, stupid, large handful and a burden. But they honestly couldn't have made a more infuriating and unlikable baby. Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were a pain,but overall adorable and lovable. But FlurryHeart? The most pain in the tail, destructive little _____, I have ever experienced in a character, let alone a baby character you are supposed to 'coo' over.

Last time I checked, this was supposed to be a group about explaining why a pony is your favorite, not negatively slamming other characters that others might like.  Please try to keep posts positive here.  You wanna complain about certain ponies, find another group for that.

• Brohoof 2