Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

• 1 month later...

Rainbow, obviously. She's everything I wish I could be, and I have a hard time coming up with things I don't like about her. Her confidence, her relaxed, carefree nature, her bravery, her determination, her kindness, her bluntness, her looks, and of course, her coolness. Just everything about her. I wish I could meet someone like her in real life.

• Brohoof 4

I love everyone from the show, but above all- Rarity. Why? well, maybe because although she sometimes looks petty and fussy, she's also generous, and she cares for everything a lot. She also has her own ways in business- showing that she could handle even Equestria's toughest fashion customers. I also adore the fact that she's very observant. Like the time in "Rarity Investigates". I also found that Rarity is also sarcastic sometimes. And when she gets those kinds of lines, it'll always crack me up.

Isn't she just adorable? :darling:

giphy.gif.64e0a4f75ac286aeab2bdc00705f230e.gif

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fave Main Pony: Rainbow Dash

Fave Secondary Characters: Scootaloo, Autumn Blaze, Discord, and Trixie

Fave Background characters, Derpy, Vinyl, Lyra, BonBon, Dr Whooves, and Pipsqueak 

Fave Student 6 Characters: Silverstream and Smolder

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

Second and third favorites are Trixie and Big Mac.  I like where Trixie has gone as far as redemption and atonement. Big Mac is a hopeless romantic like I used to be.

Applejack still my top

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

My favourite ponies would be either Twilight or Sunset, as I can heavily relate to both of them and their experiences, to the point where they would be the ideal individual for me to know, as they would truly understand me.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to drop it... Sunset Shimmer. It comes down to one single thing: Character development.

She has had one of the most amazing roller coaster of a story line, but it has not been just to progress the plot (what?). There is genuine feelings in her quest to make herself being a better person, and she really cares about the rest of the (can I say generic dolls of the ponies we love?) girls probably more than they do themselves.
The only one even getting close to her outstanding character is Twilight Sparkle (the pony version going to Equestria).

I wish I could explain it better. I like deep emotional stuff, that gets to your heart. Things that makes you cry.

Rarity had her time in the episode "Suited For Success", but after that it was all jokes about fake eyelashes and "Spiky Wiky" (and in Equestria Girls, except for "Dance Magic", it is just about the fashion and dresses), so why would I ever like Rarity now? Please find me a way to like Rarity again?

Twilight Sparkle was at the top of my list with "Boast Busters", "Winter Wrap Up" and "Lesson Zero", making her really interesting as a character. Then that thing happened in season 3. It was in season 4 that she got the personality of wanting to be more than just a princess to play her part, bullying Fluttershy in Bats! and having a love interest for some weird reason when no one else was even trying to "fall in love" with somepony. But the icing of the cake for me was how Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship, soon to be ruler of Equestria, on the big movie screen, was stealing a perl.
You might have flaws in your character, but if you make all your friends hate you in less that a minute, and disappoint poor Princess Skystar the way she did, there is no forgive, that princess title should have been removed right there! Please find me a way to like Twilight Sparkle again?

All the other Mane 6 have the usual problems which come down to different writes having to do something with them. A lot is good though! But we have a few Applejack and Rainbow Dash episodes which drags their characters down for me. Pinkie Pie is too childish at times to make me like her. There are some fun moments thought.

Every show is dealing with these problems. I am just expressing why Sunset Shimmer takes the lead by a big margin here, and why I think it is obvious.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Pony Flash Sentry because he is my first favorite character in MLP and he look like Captain America to me.

2.) Starlight Glimmer because she is so awesome and she is same level just like Twilight.

3.) Shadow Lock because i love him as character because he has amazing magic just like Twilight and Starlight.

4.) Flash Magnus because i love ancient also soldier character from the past.

5.) Radiant Hope because she is Sombra's friend and i love both of them relationship and i want to see her again in 2019 or season 9.

6.) Gusty the Great because she is so powerful and smart so she is same level with Grogar,

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash and Applejack are at a tie for my favorite ponies. I relate to them both a lot, especially Rainbow Dash. I also love them both because....

APPLEDASH FOR LIFE

applejack_and_rainbow_dash_hoof_bump_by_

• Brohoof 2

Twilight and Starlight, I love them both so much. Twilight because she puts her best effort into everything, and she has grown so much. She is pretty obsessive but intelligent, all the while being an amazing friend. And even though she loves studying and magic, she puts her friends first. Character design wise, I'd say she has the best design in my opinion. :P

I like Starlight for a similar reason, being that she has grown so much. She also feels really remorseful in regards to her past. And I relate to her the most out of everypony, probably. She got scared about confronting her past and that happens to me all the time. I feel like she is often overloooked.

Celestia is also amazing, I feel like she is also overlooked. She's made some mistakes with her sister, but you can't blame her or Luna for that. They both have their differences, but they do work them out in the end. Being the elder sister of the princesses of equestria, it's rational to think that you will mess up along the way, and it would be hard for her to bond with her sister due to her plethora of royal duties. So she's a very strong character, been through a lot.

And last but not least, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are my favourites too. I relate to Fluttershy what with being too passive and learning to be assertive, and being shy/not confident. But at the same time I relate to Pinkie as I just love making people happy, and I try to be optimistic as possible whenever I can. Plus they are cute.

• Brohoof 3

I sometimes consider how bad would it be if  I was locked in a room with a character?

Using that, Twilight comes in first - not only is she really adorable, but getting locked in a room with her would not be bad, since I think we would have something to talk about. I actually started watching the show because Twilight was in it.

Starlight would be second, for pretty much the same reasons as Twilight.

Luna would be third, since I am a night person. Getting locked in a room with her would probably not be that good, but I still like her.

Edited by Pentium100
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

fluttershy, because i identify with her everyday struggle to be even close to functional.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ff8f2060376a67ba4b60675add9e79e6.png

And if we are talking about my favorite character it would be Pharynx. Seriously. Even if he appeared in one single episode only I fell in love with him. He's one of the most if not the most grounded and aware characters in all of equestria and he doesn't hesitate to say it like it is, and the great part is that he's completely right and reasonable about it (even if his methods to achieve it are a bit extreme at first, I want to believe that he's learning to be better). He's blunt, bitter, has great humor, snappy (I bet that if mlp allowed for swears he would be very rude), intelligent, he's a general so he has to be very tactical and a leader, has to learn to move on from a dark past and still make use of his military background and even though he's reformed now I bet he hasn't changed much in terms of personality (at least I wish because I love it), and he's handsome too <3

08-22-43-images.jpg.bcf55f42d63b3048e28df96cf39db130.jpg

I just wished the could have given him another episode or more spoken dialogue in later episodes. I wanted to see and hear him again. I wanted more of him and a payoff of what the changelings can do under his military command :(

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I guess I'll make this my 800th post.

As a lot of ponies on here already know, my favourite pony is Fluttershy. She's cute, sweet, and adorable in every way. I've always felt like I can relate to her, in that both of us can be quite shy, yet still long for friendship. As I've watched the show, I've almost felt like I've grown with her, from really shy and awkward, to being more open and willing to spread kindness. Yay for Flutters! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6: For long time, it was Fluttershy and Twilight who were my favorites, and I still really like them. But in the last few months, Rarity became more and more my favorite because I find her the most interesting character from her characterization. And besides this, she is just beautiful designed.

Supporting characters: Well, formerly, it was Discord, but since S5, he became for me often to arrogant and acted sometimes really stupid. So, I had to chose between Rara, Treezie (who both I did not find in the list), Coco pommel and Autumn Blaze. I chosed Autumn because she is funny, interesting, a good singer and totally adorable.

BG Ponies: Well, no surprise, it's are the Canterlot Unicorn Girls from Canterlot Boutique (so I chose other ebcause they wasn't in the list). And they are still my favorties. Why? Well, I really like their designs, they are so unique, beautiful and cute. From the old BG-Ponies, it is Amethyst Star. I love her color scheme (and amethyst are some of my favorite minerals).

Stduent 6: I am not that big fan of the Student 6, but I really find Yona interesting. At the beginning, it was Silverstream who was my favorite, but with the time, Yona become more and more interesting in her characterization. So, I chosed Yona.  

I have trouble picking between the Mane Six. I relate to Pinkie the most, think Rainbow is the cutest, find Rarity to be the funniest, love Applejack’s character, and am afraid of everything like Fluttershy. And Twilight likes books, so she’s also great. 

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash. Personally, I don't exactly know why, but it was most likely influenced by the fact that in 2018 (when I first came in contact with the show) I began to really get hyped for the FIFA World Cup, so when I first saw Dash playing soccer in Equestria Girls (first thing I watched), I guess that just made her really sympathetic to me. That's my theory, because she doesn't really represent the traits I have nor the ones I'd like to have - with exception to her confidence, of course!

But I also really like Fluttershy, because she shares my love for animals and is very shy, like me.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite out of the mane six is Rainbow Dash. I love her personality!

My favorite out of the secondary pony is Trixie! I do also love Princess Luna,Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance and Photo Finish though

My favorite background pony is a tie between Octavia and DJ PON3 

I don’t really have a favorite out of the student six

• Brohoof 3