Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Most-likeable old Mane 6 pony: Twilight Sparkle (I had to choose all three categories, otherwise poll says: no, you can't sumbit your opinion). So, if I would have to argument why Twilight Sparkle is my most-likeable pony, because she's pretty much exaggerating situation, she wants to earn as much knowledge on interesting topics, as possible, she is stubborn when it comes to a challenge or task - just like me. It's just a relatable character...

Favourite "Secondary" character: Starlight Glimmer - reformed; This is the best Character I had watched in my lifetime. The amount of how much I relate to Her and how much I adorer Her, I had described in my blog, so I don't have to repeat it there, as it's quite long explanation. Why "Secondary" and not secondary - without quote marks? It's the fact that's for me it's not a secondary Character, but main Character, as the rest of the group.

Most-likeable background pony: Derpy Hooves - simply the memiest.

Pinkie Pie!  She's the whole reason I checked out My Little Pony in the first place!  While I really enjoy the other great main characters, I can relate to Pinkie best!  She's such a trip! 8D

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Added Student Six to the list and also .... I did something else. :umad:

And Ocellus has 100% of the votes. :P

ocellus100.thumb.png.78eff9f58794259ff1abcc79aa8d33b9.png

Apologies to Pinkie and DJ Pon-3, but they both lost a vote to Rarity and Derpy, respectively... :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 3

My favorite character is Princess Twilight Sparkle. First off, I love her because I think she's very adorkable! She has a beautiful color scheme in my opinion. Also, I really like her because I can relate to her. I too am a bookworm, and I love to learn new things. :twismile: Also, I like her before & after she got wings. I may be in the minority when I say this, but I think she's even cuter as an Alicorn!

I really like all of the Mane 6, though. Some other characters I really like are Starlight Glimmer, Princess Celestia & Luna, Silverstream, and many others!

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, TwilySparks said:

My favorite character is Princess Twilight Sparkle. First off, I love her because I think she's very adorkable! She has a beautiful color scheme in my opinion. Also, I really like her because I can relate to her. I too am a bookworm, and I love to learn new things. :twismile: Also, I like her before & after she got wings. I may be in the minority when I say this, but I think she's even cuter as an Alicorn!

I really like all of the Mane 6, though. Some other characters I really like are Starlight Glimmer, Princess Celestia & Luna, Silverstream, and many others!

I also didn't mind when she became an Alicorn either.  I get really annoyed when people treat her becoming an Alicorn like it's the worst thing to ever happen to the show.  Give me a break!

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony is Trixie. From her first appearance I liked her color scheme and voice, but there was more. She was living alone in a wagon and it seemed that se did her show without taking money, so I thought that all she really wants is to be recognized, to find a friend. And I'm really glad that they connected her with Starlight (also kinda like her) in a way that worked perfectly for me and my assumptions.

And mane 6? Definitely Pinkie Pie, most powerful pony of them all :mlp_pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

My favourite pony is Rara. She is beautiful, and that voice, stunning! She sings with her heart.

I like her life story as well, starting off as a playful, easygoing filly, then going to Manehatten to make it big, while being manipulated by Svengallop. But once her childhood friend shows her the error of her ways, she becomes a true pony at heart.

I love everything about her, for who she is as a pony.

I hope we'll see her again in Season 9.

Rara's more than my favourite pony, she is my true love forever.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

Fluttershy is a big one for me. Cute, and I relate to her.

Trixie's great. Huge goof, love her shtick.

Dashie: Not gonna lie I have a crush on that personality of hers.

• Brohoof 2

Voted for Fluttershy because I still look up to her kind spirit so much, Discord because he is still a consistently hilarious foil, Derpy Hooves because she was the first and one of the few background characters to this day to really resonate with me, and Gallus because he likes to tell it like it is and I really relate to his backstory. 

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Tiara is my favorite pony and has been for a very long time. For a short while after I started watching, it was Sweetie Belle, but that soon changed and hasn't since, though SB is still second. At first I sympathized with her because of some of the ridiculously vitriolic comments I saw directed towards her, asking for torture, death or worse, when she was still an antagonist. But with Ponyville Confidential (my favorite ep), I saw something more in her that I loved. She was determined to succeed in her role, and was willing to do anything to achieve it. Now, maybe the blackmail was too far, but to be fair, the CMC came up with a popular idea and then tried to back out, which would've hurt DT and her paper so I didn't blame her too much. Then the episode tried to place all the blame on her and I was even more sympathetic. Later came Flight to the Finish (and more sympathy-garnering hate towards her), and Twilight Time (Which further cemented her as a more complex pony than given credit for in my eyes). And of course COTLM proved she was an awesome pony. I've been fully on Team DT is Best Pony for a long time and am not getting off. There are other reasons that I sympathized and identified with her as a villain which I'd rather not discuss.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve started to become a fan of Fleetfoot. Sure, she’s a background character but when she does have lines it’s great to see. And she has a slight lisp, which is cute. Out of the main characters, Dash used to be my favorite but now I like Rarity the best. Her episodes are some of my favorites, like “Canterlot Boutique.”

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh how do I answer this, I would say fluttershy but I'm not even sure anymore, I no longer watch the show for some reason. Last time I watched a ton of episodes was when season 8 came out. But yeah Fluttershy is currently my favorite but that might change if I watch the show some more.

My favorite pony is RAINBOW DASH!!!I

As for why, it's her passion, enthusiasm, eagerness, speed, athleticism, aggression, confidence, looks, and flying ability. There might be more, but that's what I came up with after re-watching my YouTube video talking about my current obsession with this pony. All in all, I consider her a beautiful spirit who makes me happy.

• Brohoof 5