Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Well dang. It's been about four months since I joined this forum. Where has the time gone?

Anyhow I'm fairly certain that the first post I ever made here was in this thread. I thought it was fitting to use my thousandth post the same way I used my first ( and come to think of it probably at least 900 of the others ;) ) So to celebrate tradition and as a testament to the great time I've had here I would like to say;

Rainbow Dash is still best pony, and it feels great to type that :).

Thanks for everything guys, you're amazing!

• Brohoof 3

My heart and soul belong to Fluttershy, Luna goes for best princess (though her advantage is very small, 'tia still is da boss). I unfortunately do not pay enough attentio to BG ponys to really pick a fav

Princess Luna, of course, however there's something about Rarity... I just can't place what it is...

SO CUWOOOOT! 

Ahem, but yes, Luna is best. Rarity is just best mane 6. 

• Brohoof 1

Even though my favorite main pony is Rainbow Dash, I feel as if Applejack is severely underrated.  Though having said that, I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and me personally, I kinda jump back and forth favorite main pony wise.   

• Brohoof 2

I know I've already stated my love for Pinkie, but I'm back again. There must be, quite literally, over a thousand different reasons as to why Pinkie Pie is best pony.

For example, here are 40 seconds of Pinkie Pie.

In this scene you get:

- A ridiculously and wonderfully out-of-nowhere (and super catchy) song for her friends about a new party

- An enormous amount of enthusiasm representative of her energy and optimism

- An adorable backwards trot when singing to Twilight

- The cutest voice crack on the word "party"
- The combined classiness and innocence of her in a tuxedo
- The lovable attachment to her pet Gummy in the same tuxedo

- An even more adorable hoof-pedal when singing to Applejack after firing party cannons
- Her remarkable talent for quick-change
- Her desire to surprise and entertain her friends with her song goes as far as to taking the hot air balloon to Rainbow's cloud house
- When she tries to keep dancing at the end having sung the song and quick-changed five times... I mean, just look at her little hooves bumbling around, it's so sweet you'll get diabetes.

Yes, all that in a 40-second scene.

I could go on for the rest of the night if I wanted to, with all her other scenes. Pinkie Pie is, by a thousand miles, the happiest, jolliest, silliest, deepest, most entertaining, most enthusiastic, most adorable, most talented, most optimistic and, above all, the best pony.

pinkie_pie_jumping_by_tollywoga-d4whc7i.

Find me a more delightful pony. I dare you.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

Tough decision between Spitfire and Vinyl Scratch but I my super favorite defiantly has to go to Vinyl Scratch <3 We both have a great love for music, and we both have awesome hair and epic friends X3

post-11787-0-54248000-1358433799.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I voted Twilight Sparkle as favorite mane pony, and Derpy as favorite background character. I'm kinda mad Zecora wasn't on the list though <_<

ms_zecora__s_not_amused__for_her_ego_is_

Zecora does NOT approve.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite is Twilight.  Like her, I read a lot when I was younger and didn't have any real friends.  However, unlike her, when I started a big social life, it was kindof just a mess, so the show is like a nice fantasy for me.  I'm kindof OCD like her too, and make lots of lists and need some level of organization or I go crazy.  Plus, she has magic powers.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy, (?), (?), and (?).

Derpy is my #1 Favourite because she resembles me in many ways and is just generally awesome.

Edit: So after a while, I added and subtracted three new ponies; Colgate, Cloudchaser, and Octavia are no longer on the list, and while I still like them, they don't represent me too much. The added ponies are "drumroll please" TWILIGHT SPARKLE, PINKIE, AND LUNA!

The Reason?- I only choose my favourite ponies who represent me the most. While there are ponies I might like, they don't really represent me very much. Hence why Cloudchaser, Octavia, and Colgate are gone while Twilight, Luna, and Pinkie Pie ARE my new ones.

Edited by Sketchi

I will list the ponies I voted for.

Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy (However, I love all of them)

Favorite Secondary Characters: Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Big Macintosh, Cheerilee, Granny Smith, Mayor, Pegasus Royal Guard, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Trixie.

Favorite Tertiary Background Characters: Snips and Snails. 

Favorite Mane Cast:  Rarity, of course.  "never heard of ya".

Favorite Secondary Characters:  The CMC (all 3)

Favorite Background:  Lyra and Bon Bon, Octavia

Most of my favorite characters happen to be Unicorns, so i guess that would be my favorite race as well.

• Brohoof 1

My favorites....

Mane Six: Rainbow Dash

Secondary: The CMC

Background: Derpy!

Dash because I like the confident but cocky attitude, helps she can back it all up. The CMC because they are just cute and you gotta give them props on never giving up on trying to find their cutie marks. And Derpy just cause I just like that muffin-loving pegasus.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle because we're the most alike so I relate to her more. She reminds me to be more social.

Princess Luna because she's beautiful, and the night, and her name, and her past, and her struggles to be back in the present, an how she tries so hard to be there for her subjects, and she's funny, and socially awkward and so on.

Derpy...Because she is derpy. She's fun and stands for so much now after the whole controversy thing. I think she would make a wonderful secondary character if they just gave her the chance!

I'm pretty sure I said this before, but Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony. That voice crack is just too cute (she would probably be majorly ticked if she knew I said that xD) and I had a dream where she gave me a pep talk. That dream made her even more special to me.

Edited by Yuber
  • Brohoof 1

I feel like Twlight Spakle's personality is written for me, or based off me or something. But I'm gonna have to say my favorite pony is Zerocra, or Pinkie Pie. Zercora, even though an outcast of ponyville, should be the elment of forgiving. Plus, she's really good at rhyming. In The Cutie Pox episode, Zecora  sees Apple Bloom and asks her "What has happened to you, youth?" she sees that she lost her tooth and says "Ah, you've gone and chipped your tooth" How did she know that was going to rhyme??? SHE MUST BE ALL KNOWING!!

Pinkie Pie for obvious reasons.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy by a mile she's always so kind and sweet, but oh man if you get her mad you better run for the hills. I don't know about you but i wouldn't anger a pony who can break a bears back.