Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

When I first got into the show, Applebloom was my favorite, reason being I related to how much she really wants to find her true talent. As I become more into the show, I liked Pinkie more for her zany and eccentric character. Soon, I was leaning more to Applejack because hey, I love an underdog character and AJ really appealed to me in season two. Octavia became my first favorite background pony, but the spotlight was taken by Lyra after reading shortskirtandexplosion's Background Pony.

So, in short, I still like all the ponies I've listed. But if anything, my list would be:

1. AJ

2. Lyra

3. Pinkie

4. Octavia

5. Applebloom

Runner ups would definitely be the rest of the Mane 6 and Vinyl.

How about I give you my entire order?

Rank Character

1 Rainbow Dash

1 Discord

1 Scootaloo

4 Fluttershy

4 Princess Luna

4 Vinyl Scratch

4 King Sombra

8 Derpy

8 Dr. Whooves

8 Spitfire

11 Twilight Sparkle

11 Pinkamena

11 Princess Cadence

11 Nightmare Moon

11 Soarin'

16 Pinkie Pie

16 Apple Bloom

18 Apple Jack

19 Octavia

20 Shining Armor

21 Trixie

22 Queen Chrysalis

22 Colgate

22 Bab Seed

25 Big Macintosh

25 Lyra

25 Bon Bon

28 Sweetie Belle

28 Iron Will

28 Zecora

28 Braeburn

32 Spike

33 Granny Smith

34 Pipsqueak

34 Berry Punch

34 Caramel

37 Rarity

37 Princess Celestia

37 Rose Luck

37 Carrot Top

41 Cheerilee

41 Flim

41 Flam

44 Diamond Tiara

44 Silver Spoon

Of course I have one or two ponies that I like more than others on the show but in all honesty I like almost every pony. I can't pick just one and call them best pony. That's like trying to pick a favorite cereal but all the choices are good. How can an individual just pick one or two favorites and disregard the others?

Every pony is cool to me even the villains.

Edited by The Stranger

Favourite? Applejack. I like the way she speaks, and I like how honest and straightforward she is.

Least favourite? Pinkie. Too loud and annoying for me. She somehow reminds me of Schrödinger from Hellsing, I guess that's because she pops out of nowhere.

• Brohoof 3

Main Pony: More or less a tie between Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. I went with Rainbow Dash because well she's just awesome! And I love loyal characters.

Secondary character.: Since Spike wasn't on the poll ( :P ) I went with Applebloom because she's so cute. :)

TBC: Do you have to ask? (Derpy Hooves) Why? Same reason as eveyone else.

• Brohoof 1

So, I chose Rarity for Mane Six, Princess Luna for Secondary and Derpy Hooves for Tertiary. Here's my explanation of my choices.

Rarity:  I like that she's glamorous, aesthetically talented, a good businesswoman and emotionally dramatic. Even though Pinkie Pie is the  zany one of the bunch, Rarity gets alot of the funniest moments (i.e. the "of all the worst things that could happen" drama queen freakout in "Lesson Zero") one of the sweetest and most tender moments (the entire "Sisterhooves Social" episode) and some of the most badass moments ("take that you ruffian!", "I'LL DESTROY HER!" and the entire "A Dog And Pony Show" episode). Also I think she has the best voice acting of the Mane Six, which is a difficult acheivement because all four actresses do an outstanding job. GOODNESS her voice is attractive. :D P.S. Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle are almost neck and neck with Rarity in this race but I think I'd choose Rarity over them when it all comes down.

Princess Luna: My favorite, hands down. I've always been fascinated with the moon and lunar imagery, etc. so anything that represents the moon is interesting to me. I love that she's both very powerful and emotionally vulnerable at the same time, that's a compelling combination. She's also the character with the "dark past" of the bunch, something else that is compelling. It's heartwarming to see her be the hero, both to Pipsqueak and to Scootaloo ("FACE YOUR FEEEEEEAAAAARS"). How could anyone not wub Woona?

Derpy Hooves: Muffins, bubbles, dumb facial expression, dropping things all over Twilight in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", ruining City Hall in "The Last Roundup"...Derpy has alot of awesome scenes.

• Brohoof 3

I can't really decide between the mane 6. They all have characteristics that I not only relate to, but try to use in my everyday life to try and better myself. If I had to chose one pony I'd say Octavia- I am a very classical oriented musician myself. 

I personally like the classy attitude that is Rarity..

Princess Luna is definitely the best alicorn thus far...

Also...Doctor Whooves is just glorious (David Tennet pony :D).

I had formerly liked twilight as my favorite, but as she is now an alicorn i dont feel the same liking towards her, i also fear her personality will change. My favorite now tho has become luna as i have always liked her character and i can connect with her feeling of being socially aquard at times, plus the whole princess of the moon thing is pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6 it was close between Rainbow Dash and pinkie pie even though pinkie pie is so funny with her cannon and her randomness but I have to go with rainbow dash because she is 20% cooler and also hence my avatar. Secondary applebloom or princess luna. I would have picked Princess Luna but I didnt see her name in time for me to pick applebloom. Backround character was Derppy Hooves because she is awesome with her bubble cutie mark and with her muffin eating and because she is so cute and awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy is the best pony ever <3 I hope she remains a background pony in season 4 I would cry and miss her so much :( I just hate that people got so offened by her I mean shes a super unique pony unlike all the rest :( I need to go  :ph34r:  on the writers and get her back in  :(  :(  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I take it this is a newer show cuz I don't recognize any of these names! My favorite was the little dragon spike, an rosedust from the flutter ponies, an of course baby lickety split

Yup, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the latest installment of the franchise. You're thinking of the older pony shows from years back ^^ The latest was developed by Lauren Faust, creator of such shows as the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, also huge cartoon hits. Check out the episodes on Youtube if you haven't seem the show yet.

Dash and Fluttershy tied for 292. Whoa :3

(edited)

I love them all equally, just not at the same time. The ones that I love slightly more most often are Fluttershy, Twilight, and Sweetiebele.

Edited by firesoxs

I was told I'm most like AJ (& I voted for her)

But Dashie is the awesomest (I know thats not a word) pony!

Pinkie Pie is the funniest 

Rarity is third for the Mane 6 because I hate Twi & Fluttershy

I love Princess Luna! 

I want more of her in the next season like

Where does she go during the day?

Does she have a successor? (because she should)

What was her childhood like?

What other AWESOME powers does she have?

Apple Bloom is my fav CMC

I want her cutie mark to be a Apple Blossom 

Sweetie Belle's should be Music notes with hearts & all

Scoot's should be a wheel with a lightingbolt coming out

Wow. I sorta got off subject. but my FAVORITE PONY OF ALL TIME IS:

PRINCESS LUNA 

because she's pretty & awesome & magical & AWESOME & not stuck up (like Celestia) & AAAAAWWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMME! 

:wub: