Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Fluttershy wub.png ! Shes so cute and I love that she can talk to animals like that yay.png . #1 Favorite!!! 

And Rainbow dash is my second favorite pony of all time! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

My favorite Pony is Pinkie Pie. I am DIED seriously like her. I live life with goofing around and not caring. I am just as crazy as her. When I was like 5 years old my mom had MLP toys and I ALWAYS played with Pinkie Pie. That has always been favorite 

• Brohoof 2

V-scratch is mine. I Love all the fan made stuff about her and I always look up to other DJ's/musicians.

Under that notes my next fav has to be Octavia.

Twilight Sparkle is my favourite of the mane six. 

Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash are close behind though.

As for other (non-mane six) ponies, I LOVE Scootaloo, and Spitfire! wub.png

Originally Rainbow Dash was my favorite, followed by Fluttershy. And Twilight was my least favorite out of the mane 6.

But after awhile (and reading of a bunch of Twidash stories), I can now say that Twilight is my solid second favorite pony behind Dashie now.

And Scootaloo is now my favorite secondary character

My favorite of the mane 6 is a cross between Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie! Fluttershy because i relate to her, i'm shy like her and love animals, plus she is so adorable! Pinkie Pie because she always makes me laugh! Plus my favorite color is pink ;) 

• Brohoof 2

My favorite of the mane 6 is a cross between Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie! Fluttershy because i relate to her, i'm shy like her and love animals, plus she is so adorable! Pinkie Pie because she always makes me laugh! Plus my favorite color is pink wink.png

I just needed to mention, your avi is the cutest picture I've ever seen of the two :)

I love Fluttershy's face in the picture too ha! 

• Brohoof 1

I just needed to mention, your avi is the cutest picture I've ever seen of the two smile.png

I love Fluttershy's face in the picture too ha! 

Thank youuu! :3 I found it and thought it was the cutest thing! ^.^ yours is cute too, Rainbow Dash is my third favorite of the mane 6! 

• Brohoof 1

Thank youuu! :3 I found it and thought it was the cutest thing! ^.^ yours is cute too, Rainbow Dash is my third favorite of the mane 6! 

Awesome! :)

I got this avatar when I first joined, when I was a big fan of both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Now Twilight's my number 2, so that'll have to change I guess derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle

Secondary: Trixie

Background: Lyra

CMC: Scootaloo

Princess/Alicorn: Luna

Pegasus: Rainbow Dash

Earth Pony: Octavia

Unicorn: Twilight Sparkle

(edited)

I enjoy the regular characters, but I have more interest in background characters like these that I split into the three types of Ponies:

Earth: Doctor Whooves

Pegasus: Thunderlane

Unicorn: Neon Lights

Edited by DJ Spark

Favourite Character: Rainbow Dash because she is awesome and i like her character. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png 

Second Fluttershy because i really like animals too and can relate to her as well. yay.png

Favourite CMC: Sweetie Belle because she has a great singing voice! I also loved her role in Sisterhooves Social.

Favourite Villain: Discord because i think he was very enjoyable to watch, he was kinda funny. Also John De Lancie voices him really well. img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Favourite Princess: Luna! I feel very bad for her that she was sent to the moon for so long. Also i like Gamer Luna.

Favourite Background Pony: DJ PON-3! I really like her mane and i do like DJ's.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

look if we are gonna compare the other ones to myself ... then i'm pinkie and pinkie is not my fav pony.Changelings are smile.png and after that we have the wonderbolts/fleetfot spitfire soarin etc.etc.

Fav CMC - Sweetiebelle

fav bacround pony:earth- big mac

pegasus: Ditzy :3

unicorn: DJ-PON3 *puts on shades*

Edited by SalomMuffin
  • Brohoof 1

This might be a bit shocking... But Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, because she is brave, and cocky and has all the virtues and defects a main character should have...

also she is the one who introduced me to this wonderful universe... not to mention, she not only defeated Starscream from Transformers in a Death Battle....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Main: Rarity

Secondary: Princess Luna

Background: Doctor Hooves

why doesn't Rarity have the love? I mean, I get princess Luna, the outcast, people tend to gravitate towards the outcasts.

But why is Rarity hated?

Edited by wolfheartmoon
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Scootaloo is my favorite pony. She just has that edge like Rainbow Dash but also has that really derpy smile which you know you all love! 

post-15662-0-41411700-1368474146.jpg

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

well my fav main pony is Fluttershy mainly cuz she is just so adorible, Favorite Secondary Character would be Soarin and Favorite Tertiary Background Character is DJ Pon3 or Vinyl Scratch

I think I need to reassert how awesome Rarity is here.  It's way too long since I did that. 

Ironically, my favorite pony is probably the one I relate to the *least*.  I am so *not* a Rarity- I don't care about fashion, I'm rather low maintenance, humble, generally pretty quiet guy on the whole.  But why do I like her?  I think that part of it is that she represents everything I'm not- I like her sense of drama, her elegance, her friendliness, I mean she's probably the most gregarious pony outside of Pinkie Pie. 

But really, I love how well written she is.  This is a character who, ironically, could have been the most two dimensional in the series, and they fleshed her out remarkably.  She could have easily been a Diamond Tiara type villain, or just some silly girl who likes to go shopping, but Lauren Faust had the *brilliant* idea of making her an artist that uses fashion as their medium of choice.  Now like I said before, I have no interest in fashion, but what I do love is when a character has a passion for something, and knows the ins and outs of that field that they're interested in.  It's that sense of, "this is who I am, this is what I know, this is what I do best" in the character that I love.

I love how she has all the trappings of a spoiled, high class snob, but at her very core, she's *not* one- she works hard, making every dress herself, she's a self-made mare, she's thoughtful of others, hell, it's literally *her job* and *life's passion* to help others look good, and feel good by extension.  I love the fact that she's outgoing and friendly, yet self absorbed at the same time.  She's also a fighter who will handle herself in a tough situation, like with the Diamond Dogs. 

But I like the fact that she's not perfect.  Yes, she's a drama queen.  Yes she has an ego.  But you know what?  She *knows* this, and to me that changes everything.  If a character had no personality flaws whatsoever, they'd be boring.  But she's willing to change, and she more than any other pony seems to recognize these flaws in herself.  Rather than making her annoying, this makes her endearing. 

All in all, I just love the fact that she's a very nuanced character, especially since the vast majority of interpretations of this character type would make her very flat.

• Brohoof 5

Fluttershy, it might have been rainbow had she not been "questionable" in her actions towards Fluttershy during somepoints in time. although, admittedly her being the mane reason (if you saw what I did here) for the mane 6 (including herself) getting there cutie marks, defending fluttershy and "adopting" scootaloo all gave her brownie or brony points with me, but, fluttershy is rather complex being a Pegasus whose afraid of hights and her kindness and cuteness make her to the best.

In a side note I think dinky hooves should be an option in that pole

P.s

Favourite background, Big MacIntosh

Favourite unicorn, Lyra (as dinky's not an option)

Favourite all-round (not including fluttershy), Derpy!

Uhm... nopony... Because all of them have things I like about them and some I dislike. And I don't think I should put them into a ranking... but I prefer Applejack and Fluttershy to Pinkie Pie and Rarity, for example. But then again, I like "Party of One" and the slightly given possibility of Sparity and I partially dislike Applejacks acting in "Over a Barrel"/"Bridle Gossip" and the discontinuity of Fluttershys behavior after the whole thing with Iron Will.

I guess, it's true; One does not simply choose a favorite pony.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony.  She's actually the thing that first made the show attractive to me.  My sister was watching the episode where the other ponies were throwing her a surprise party and she was going bonkers wondering why they didn't like her parties anymore.

in retrospect, I actually believe this episode is the least Pinkie-ish of all of the episodes.  She is just so random and joyfully insane that it is hard not to like her.  Perhaps my favorite moment is when all the ponies are arguing about who should get the extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala and we discover she is not evening arguing about that: "And then I said, "Oatmeal, are you craz - " oh."  Either that or the iconic "Ahhh!  Spike's a ghost!"

• Brohoof 1