Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Who's your favourite pony from the show and why? Mine's Twilight Sparkle, because I feel I can connect with her very well. She's the brainiac of her group, and is always trying to find a scientific explanation to everything.

me to! she is SOOOOO! my favourite! She is awesome and i feel just like you when it comes to braniacness!

I had to vote Fluttershy. I know she seems to be who a majority of people pick but I can't help it. I've always loved shy, soft-spoken, pushovers. They're just so cute it's unbelievable. Heck, one of my favorite OCs on a different forum is one herself. But to be honest, it would be easier for me to say which is my least favorite. I like Applejack because she appeals to my Southern sensibilities. I love her country accent and how stubborn she can be about things. And I like Rarity because she feels very well rounded. It's easy to see what makes her likeable and what exactly her flaw is. Plus, once again, the accent just sells it.

My least favorites, which is by no means me hating them, is probably Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. Twilight, well, she doesn't seem to have a flaw. All the other ponies have a facet to them that is disadvantageous. Rarity is vain, Applejack is stubborn, Rainbow Dash is arrogant, Pinkie Pie doesn't always make sense, and Fluttershy is, well, shy. The only thing against Twilight is that she can be a bit OCD at times. She's the voice of reason and the straight (wo)man to the rest of the group. She just doesn't seem as well-rounded as some of the others. And Pinkie Pie is great. But her antics often bug me a little. I love her randomness but it's that same randomness that makes her lesser in my eyes to the others.

This does leave Rainbow Dash as a bit of the middle pony of the group. Like all the rest, I love her. But I've never liked her as much as my favorites. And I've never disliked her enough for her to go with Twilight and Pinkie Pie. And believe me, it isn't because she's just there, she is way more than that. If anything, Applejack is just there and she's one of my favorites. I don't know, Rainbow Dash is great but I just can't cast her with either group.

Twilight is the best Mane 6 because she is a genius. She's also nuts and a bookworm, like me! :muffins:

Applebloom is the best CMC because she is the one who brought the group together, as well as being adorable. :catface:

Luna is the best supporting character as well as the best princess because... well, she's Luna!

Featherweight is the best one-episode-only character because he reminds me of myself for some reason...

And finally, Derpy, Doctor Hooves, and Vinyl are all tied for the top background pony because 1) She's Derpy, duh; 2) I'm a Whovian; 3) DUBSTEP KICKS ASS!!! B)

• Brohoof 1

@Twilightsky, there was a thread for this pinned at the top of this forum, so I merged yours with it. Please look at the pinned threads, run a search, or have a little look around before beginning a new thread in case there's already one in existence for a topic you have in mind.

Rarity cause she's the best written character. to be honest I like Scoots and Sweetie more than most of the main 6 too. Don't know why but I just really love them CMCs, their some of the best done child characters around. I also really like Celestia. 

I dislike Fluttershy, currently dislike Pinkie which is sad cause I used to love her before she fell victim to flanderization and the sheer obnoxiousness of her fanbase has pretty much made me hate Luna, seriously why are people so obsessed with her? She's such an undefined character still, there just isn't much there, I mean yes her episode was good, yes her backstory is good (but why does this only count for Luna and not Celestia for people?). But it's still very little compared to any of the mane 6 or the crusaders. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

For Mane, It would be Applejack, she is very honest and nice and would be a fun friend to have

For Reccuring/Supporting (what is the difference ?) It would be Princess Celestia, she makes most of the exciting bits happen in the show

For Background it would be Sweetie Drops, I like her design.

• Brohoof 1

Just dropping by to cast my vote for Rarity! I love all the main cast, but Rarity is by far my favorite, and I find her to be an incredibly humorous, endearing, and surprisingly complex character.

My favorite secondary character is Trixie, and my favorite one-shot character is Fancypants. Hard choices, since this show is filled to the brim with likable characters!

Applejack is my favorite, of course :) She's my role model, I really adore how honest, caring and loyal she is. I have a really strong emotional bond with her character, probably because I'd really like to have a friend like that and I can relate to her in many ways. 

I also love the rest of Main 6 and I find their friendship truly adorable. 

After 'Princess Twilight Sparkle' I started to really like Celestia, and I'd probably choose her as my favorite princess. I really love Luna's design and in my opinion she has a big potential, but she's rather overrated by fandom. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1