Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

Eh. We all get to feeling down sometimes, and my personal motto is that obsessive fanboying is good for the soul  :wacko: 

I need to display my creepy love bond with Rarity like nothing else matters right now, so I won't be a sad little tree :D

rarity_new_dress_vector_by_crimsonbeat-dYou know, I have a huge, deep connection with Rarity, in case none of you have noticed :P

I had been in a couple of fandoms before this, but I wasn't really one to have a huge, far and away favorite character in either of those fandoms. Sure, I had favorites, but never like this.

Rarity...

You know, the first time I saw Rarity was in Equestria Girls, and, my n00b ass thought she was a villain. Of course, I was wrong, but I didn't think her character would just flatten me like this. Seriously, I've got a lot of the feels for that marshmallow unicorn.

I was a huge closet geek; I'm not a bad lookin' fella in my high school, and I had plenty of friends. But, when Rarity came along, that took me out of the geek closet and into the geek world :D

I was never and will never be ashamed to be a brony, nor a Rarity fan :D I hear her voice on the show, and I just feel so...happy, you know? It's a great, great feeling, lemme tell. I'm grinning like an idiot, I'm squeezing my Rarity plushies tightly against my chest...oh man, it makes me feel so great! :D 

I've got posters, chrome themes, t-shirts, brushables, plushies, necklaces, cards, drawings, stickers adorning my guitar...hell, if I see anything with Rarity on it, I usually buy it :P

She just kicks so much ass, man...seriously. 

She's a strong, independent mare who can do just fine on her own, is extremely passionate and driven at what she does, is humorous, talented, creative, and has displayed some skill in hoof-to-hoof combat before :D

I just want to go on and on about how great she is! 

Yes. Rarity is that amazing. 

Rarity, you will always be best pony, no matter what; whether I'm a grown man long out of the brony phase, you've just left such a lasting impression on me that will follow me everywhere I go, and dammit, I'm very happy with that :D

• Brohoof 2

Favorite is rainbow dash cuz she's athletic, knows when to chill, and she's fast. I feel like I can relate to that. Also my favorite color is blue so I guess that's a plus. I can't even begin to name all the other stuff. :D

• Brohoof 1

I Always enjoy Fluttershy. Her episodes are always interesting and half the time she is put in these situations that are ludicrous like a physical mutation, taming monsters, befriending a space-warping entity, and nightmare fuel is just hilarious. Plus she's just so adorable not to like. Close second is Rainbow Dash, she is just so cocky it's just fun to watch her do something cool or spazz out.

Now that season 4 has building me more awareness to each pony, I decided to give my list of best Mane 6 ponies an overhaul.

Previously:

1. Applejack

2. Fluttershy

3. Rainbow Dash

4. Twilight Sparkle

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Rarity

Currently:

1. Applejack

2. Twilight Sparkle

3. Pinkie Pie

4. Rarity

5. Fluttershy

6. Rainbow Dash

My favorite ponies for the mane 6 are as follows:

1. Rainbow Dash (cause she's athletic, her voice is epic, and she seems pretty chill. I also liker her color and cutie mark)
  2. Pinkie Pie (cause I'm crazy and hyper just like her) 
  3. Applejack (Cause idk I just like her. I'm also from the South so...yeah)
  4. Rarity (cause, just like her, I like to look good)
  5. Fluttershy (cause daaaaaaaw)
  6. Twilight Sparkle (sometimes I'm studious like her)

My favorites of all time are as follows:

1. Rainbow Dash
  2. Luna 
  3. Vinyl Scratch
  4. Derpy Hooves

I definitely have to say Rainbow Dash. She's just... brilliant for me. Plus, I'm enjoying her character development, both throughout season three and continuing on to season four (don't bite me though - I'm not quite up to date, but only by a couple of episodes and I don't think they're Dash episodes anyway). I enjoy her connections with all the Mane Six too; makes me think that if she hadn't performed that Sonic Rainboom, the Mane Six wouldn't even be the Mane Six. At least, that's how I see it.

Plus, she's just so colourful, it's beautiful!

Rarity is definitely my favorite of the mane 6!

She's classy, creative, passionate, loves beauty and art, and (most importantly) is hilarious! Her dramatic behavior makes her funny, but not so much that I can't take her seriously as a character (like pinkie does sometimes)

Speaking of Pinkie, she's surprisingly my second favorite, but for different reasons. I find her random 4th wall breaking antics annoying for the most part, but when her true personality is given a chance to shine through, I can't help but love her. She's optimistic and bubbly on the surface, but peel back a few layers and you'll find a hint of sadness and emotional fragility. I can't help but to also feel very curious bout her past.

Favorite secondary character is definitely Zecora. She's just so badass. I like Cheese Sandwich too and hope he gets another appearance.

Favorite background character is Derpy. Just cause she's cute. :)

Ouch, I feel very alone saying Applejack. But it's her. When I first began watching, it was Fluttershy for being so darn adorable, but with time, Applejack kind of wormed her way into my heart. She's got the perfect balance between being strong and proud, but also taking each situation into consideration and acting on that. Only wanting to be too dependable is what gets her down. She's just all the things I value the highest, it's almost ridiculous how well she fits my view of a decent person, er, pony. She's just that good.

Also, I got her as my first G4-toy, which was just yersterday, so it's a given. :wub:

Well, Applejack is my favorite too! :catface:  So your not alone!

• Brohoof 1

Well, Applejack is my favorite too! :catface:  So your not alone!

True,  no one is alone in their obsession or passion. There is always at least one other person in the world with the same interrests :)

I also love Apple Jack, but i have an easier time identifying myself with fluttershy. She is much more like me in person than any of the other ponies, but i had to admit even saying i have a favorite was hard in itself.

• Brohoof 1

Eh. I don't think I've been shoving my weird and unhealthy obsession with Rarity down your throats enough lately ;)

rarity_delight_by_synthrid-d57lw1d.pngSchool sucks. I don't like the people in my school. That's not uncommon, but still. I don't like it at school. I do my school work and what not, though, and that's pretty draining.

Then I go to work; I've got a very physical job, constantly moving around to keep the shop organized running tools around, lifting heavy stuff, etc. It's hard, hard work for me.

So, then, to top off my long day at school in work, I've got that nasty heart problem that makes things so much harder than they should be.

By the time I get home around 5:45, I'm too tired to do much else. I take a shower. Put my pajamas on, and walk into my room to see it covered with Rarity stuff; posters, plushies, toys...

I dunno why, but I feel good when I see that. 

Is it safety? Is it joy? I dunno. I feel extremely happy, though :D

I feel like it's all going to be alright.

I see her on the TV, and I'm grinning like an idiot, and I dig it.

I guess I'm just an obsessed Rarity fan, eh? :D

I don't mind, either; I like it, actually :D

• Brohoof 4

It's really hard to say... I like everyone... Everypony has redeeming qualities and is special in his or her own way. My most favorite of all would be Fluttershy, I think, because she embodies the trait I admire most of all. But it's only through her friends that her inner kindness can be shown.

It's a tough one - My opinions on them all change as I learn mroe about the characters...

I used to hate Rarity and Pinkie, and I thought AJ wa sboring - but now I find Rarity hilarious, and I think AJ is actually a lot more complex than she appears.

As for Pinkie...she's so smart, but just doesn't let herself fall into darkness...

• Brohoof 1

I like Fluttershy because I like her timid self conscious nature (reminds me a bit of myself)

I like Scootaloo because because of the way he acts towards the other CMC, I just find it funny.

I like Doctor whooves because I like Doctor Who.