Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

I dunno, Maybe! But taken at face value it is the thing I have come to the conclusion of!

All ponies names are named after what they actually do.

Sweeie Belle.... Bell...as in a sound and Sweetie as in "Sweet Sound" or sounding as in singing! Rarity finds RARE gems, Fluttershy flutters like butterflies and is shy. Rainbow dash rainbow dashes.

So Diamond Tiara! Well maybe she could make them someday? But as far as I know, Her talent is wearing them!

Again I should talk! My only special talent in life "other then video games" is wearing a Fedora and looking REALLY good in them!

This poll has a serious lack of Molestia

Anyways, my favorite ponies are Lyra, AJ, Big Mac, Trixie, and RD, in no particular order. They switch places a lot.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite mane six pony was originally Twilight. Not anymore, Rarity is just too fabulous. I can't resist!

Favorite cmc is Sweetie Belle, because I have never wanted to hug anything so bad. Favorite background pony is Lyra, I just like her design.

Ooh gosh, there's just so many to choose from... there's Flim and Flam, Silver Shill, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Braeburn... I can't choose just one, I love them all so much. c:

As for favorite background ponies: Lyra, Octavia, and Derpy.

Favorite CMC: Sweetie Belle

• Brohoof 2

post-23625-0-85457100-1396586749_thumb.png

Even though she only had one minor apperance, it has to be her. Everything about her just screams "Goddess of femininity". From her alicorn like design, to her coloring. If I were to waifu a pony, it would be her. 

I like rainbow dash and twilight its super hard to pick one over the other but if I has to I would totally pick rainbow because I love rainbows haha

• Brohoof 1

Mane six - Applejack

Overall - Sunset Shimmer

I like bad girls, and she's got a great design.

(edited)

Mine is Fluttershy because she is sort of quiet which I can totally relate to. My second favorite pony of the mane 6 would be Twilight because she is dedicated to her studies sort of the same way I do.

Edited by BNguyen96

You know you dont always have to pick a favorite character just because they relate to you. I like Rainbow Dash even though I'm not at all like her. I like her because she is an interesting character to see develope. Also she preformed the Sonic Rainboom and makes rainbow nukes.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, Fluttershy is a very close second

scootaloo and Princess Luna tie for first with secondary characters

And nopony gets anywhere close in the background to Derpy, Derpy is best background pone, IMO

• Brohoof 1

You know you dont always have to pick a favorite character just because they relate to you. I like Rainbow Dash even though I'm not at all like her. I like her because she is an interesting character to see develope. Also she preformed the Sonic Rainboom and makes rainbow nukes.

I love Pinkie Pie because of the ways I relate to her as well as the ways that we are different. 

(NOTE: I still have about 40 episodes to watch so what I say may cause a few faceplams. Any injury this posts causes is not intentional)

Oh I picked Trixie. As a secondary character I think the implied depth to her is something that should continue to be explored when appropriate. Maybe I'm just reading to much into the tapestry, but oh well.

As far as the Mane Six, I find that question to be more difficult to answer as I continue to watch. I always enjoy characters who really struggle with decisions and moral dilemmas. Rarity is growing on me since her focused episodes highlight her struggles better than I would have thought with a typical 'diva' character. More importantly, she seems slower to come to the right decision at times. What started out as a character I expected to dismiss out of hand, might very well become my favorite.

DJ P0N3 if I focus on the show proper.

Derpy if you consider fan created content.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity’s my favourite pony. She has gone through a lot of character development, and I like character development. I also find her major personality flaw, vanity, to be very interesting. Oh, and she has a cute design.

I also like Lyra and Octavia. For Octavia, there’s something about her collected appearance I find interesting. I also like her design. For Lyra, I really like how the brony fandom portrays her as a character with a keen interest for humans. It's rather funny, actually. :P

• Brohoof 5

(NOTE: I still have about 40 episodes to watch so what I say may cause a few faceplams. Any injury this posts causes is not intentional)

Oh I picked Trixie. As a secondary character I think the implied depth to her is something that should continue to be explored when appropriate. Maybe I'm just reading to much into the tapestry, but oh well.

As far as the Mane Six, I find that question to be more difficult to answer as I continue to watch. I always enjoy characters who really struggle with decisions and moral dilemmas. Rarity is growing on me since her key episodes highlight these struggles better than I would have though with a typical 'diva' character. More importantly, she seems slower to come to the right decision. What started out as a character I expected to dismiss out of hand, might very well become my favorite.

DJ P0N3 if I focus on the show proper.

Derpy if you consider fan created content.

It'll definitely continue to be explored. (I hope)

I'm predicting that sometime in Season 5 maybe (or S4 if we're lucky) Trixie will make a comeback. An Ursa Major will attack Ponyville or someplace else and Trixie defeats it. She then proceeds to reveal that she has been taken under Luna's wing as her student. Or maybe she asks Twilight to teach her all about friendship and tutor her in magic. This would make for pure AWESOME! Though this would probably lead to the show centering alot more on Trixie and teaching her the stuffs thus making her something of a pseudo-protagonist. Who knows?

413px-130781882956.png

• Brohoof 1