Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

I. Don't. Know! I love Fluttershy cuz she's adorable but Rarity has the best lines in the show, I think. I like the way she speaks; she has so much character. But I relate so much to Applejack. She and Dash are such capable ponies but she is more grounded, no pun intended. I think all in all I would have to give it to Applejack. I think Spike is my favorite character on the show though. 

Apple Bloom is best pony! She's so cute and young, and I love episodes about the Cutie Mark Crusaders. :)

Best Mane 6 is Fluttershy <3 But I'm sad that Rarity seems to be lacking as many votes in the poll :(

Other ponies I voted for:

Big Mac, Cheerilee, Lyra, Soarin, and Princess Celestia.

(edited)

Can't decide on Mane 6 best pony.

Best second tier pony is Trixie because she is great and powerful.

Best 3rd tier pony ( best tier) is DJ PON3 because wub a dub dub motha******

Edited by GlowingFlask

While my rankings of the ponies have changed a lot since I first watched season one a few months ago to the current episode this week, Rainbow Dash has always been my favorite pony. I love her name, design, voice, and personality. Just plain 20% cooler than every other pony. Rarity and Fluttershy get honorable mention though. I also gotta say Scootaloo and Luna are my favorite secondary characters. And Lyra is my favorite background pony

I have decided that, picking a favorite pony is near impossible, and I have changed best pony too many times. So, I no longer have a favorite pony. I mean all the mane 6 and most side characters have things I like and don't like. Picking a favorite is too... I just feel that I would just pick a pony to have a favorite. That's just my opinion, anyway. I, I'm not the only one, right?

• Brohoof 2

I have decided that, picking a favorite pony is near impossible, and I have changed best pony too many times. So, I no longer have a favorite pony. I mean all the mane 6 and most side characters have things I like and don't like. Picking a favorite is too... I just feel that I would just pick a pony to have a favorite. That's just my opinion, anyway. I, I'm not the only one, right?

I can agree with you on this.  All of the mane 6 have characteristics that I can relate to and like.  And the background characters are just as favorable as the next!  But I would have to say if I had to pick a favorite, it would be as follows:

Mane 6: Fluttershy

Princess: Luna

Background: Lyra Heartstrings

No Zecora? She's defiantly my favorite secondary character.

This poll only concerns ponies.

Zecora isn't a pony, but a zebra. Hence she isn't in the poll. Same goes for Discord or Spike...

I'm surprised that they don't have princess Cadence on there. Even though she doesn't play that big of a part she is still a secondary character. She plays a bigger part than Shining armor at least.

(edited)

Princess Luna, certainly. I can relate to the fact that she loves the night. For the Mane 6, I'd pick Pinkie Pie. She makes me laugh so much. It's ironic, because she symbolizes the element of laughter.

Edited by firerock2245

(edited)

Best Mane 6 is

1. Twilight Sparkle: Because books, and she is smart and adorkable! (I'd say cute and awesome but Fluttershy and RD fans might hate :P)

Best Secondary Characters is

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Princess Luna:

2 & 3. The 2 CMCs are just so cute and their little conflict with their cutie marks and some other conflicts that don't include their cutie marks (I don't like Scootaloo that much)

4. Luna is just funny and awesome as a princess! NOT TO MENTION OP IN DREAMS

Best Tertiary Background Character is

Derpy Hooves (was there any doubt?), DJ Pon3, Octavia, Trixie and Aloe (I wanted to choose Bab Seed but it's not on the vote list D:):

5. Derpy Hooves is obviously cute and funny

6. DJ Pon3 is just awesome, we drop acid but she drops the BASE!

7. Octavia is awesome with the violin, not to mention awesome...I got nothing else to describe her :P

8. Trixie is awesome! She's a bragger but she still had the guts to face Twilight (not to mention finding a weird and evil relic and also taking over Ponyville!)

9. Aloe.... I was hoping Bab Seed would be in here but that's just Season 2 D: but Aloe is pretty okay and she's cute (pretty? probably) and she's Rarity's PROBABLY personal... spa treatment...er? Idk what you call to the staff that treats people in spas

I don't like Dr. Hooves because I don't watch Dr. Who, nor do I even watch a single episode about Dr. Who (except the Fallen Angels... I think, if that's in Dr. Who)

Edited by Nemesis Atlas

Fluttershy is my favourite, she's adorable. Princess Celestia is my favourite secondary character, she's a cool princess :)

Eh... Since Discord isn't counted in this thread, and aside from the main ponies, I'd have to say that my favourite secondary character would have to be Photo Finish. I'm not sure why, but the fact that this pony has her own theme song is pretty awesome, and not to mention de awesome magiks of her accent. Also, she recently made an appearance in Twilight's Kingdom! Even if it was just for two seconds...

Photo_Finish_S1E20_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Though I would say that I probably relate more to Fluttershy, RD has always been my favorite pony because of her dedication towards her goal, her courage/bravery and her confidence. Also, I like how brutally honest she is  B) . In the end of the day, her flaws balance with her qualities and that's what makes her awesome. And I feel like I stand alone when I say that I love Soarin'. I mean, that voice is pretty awesome and he's such a nice pony. I'd say that he's pretty underrated.  And finally, Luna. No explanation needed here, she's just AWESOME :comeatus: .

Current favorites are Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, and Pinkie Pie. No real order. I started developing a renewed appreciation for Octavia and Vinyl after watching the animation for "I am Octavia".