Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra Fan Club

Castle Bleck

They should return in the S5 finale.

That would be something special, IMO. I spotted a fan-comic where apparently Chrysalis convinces Sombra to join forces to strike revenge against the royal sisters.

Gotta say, interesting stuff!

• Brohoof 1

Of course I have to post this here!

THIS KING WILL TRIUMPH!

i_will_end_you_by_underpable-d7lbx0z.png

• Brohoof 1

What is this, is it out, and is it on Mac!? TELL ME!!!!!

Let me ask, is this fan club for good Sombra as well, or just evil Sombra?

I'd say it is good for both. They're both "King Sombra" technically.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

From ~Chaotic Discord~'s "Primary Villain Power Comparison Discussion":

• Discord. Discord is a spirit with godly powers. He strolled right into Ponyville, snapped his fingers, and the entire region went to hell in a hand basket while he acted like it was nothing. He's easily at the top.
  • King Sombra. The new villain appears to be immensely powerful for all the reasons I mentioned in their specific section, and they seem to have even greater power than Nightmare Moon or Chrysalis, which effectively puts them right after Discord.
  • Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon is at least equal to Celestia if not a little stronger. This puts her third on the list.
  • Queen Chrysalis. Call me racist to Changelings, but come on she's a parasite; without her army and without any artificial power gained from someone else, Chrysalis has little power to speak through only herself. She was surprised she beat Celestia and remarked that ''Consuming it (the love from Shining Armor to Cadence) has made me even more powerful than Celestia!" Key word. 'Made'. She's last on my list because while she can consume power to get more powerful, she doesn't seem to be more powerful than the other three villains naturally, whilst they all are powerful naturally.

Nothing on Tirek yet, but I've sent CD a PM.

Edited by A.V.

@@A.V.,

I disagree. Sombra's ass got blasted into the Arctic without even needing the Elements. He was dangerous due to cleverness and planning, not so much his raw strength 

I agree in a sense, but that raises the question on how powerful the Crystal Heart is and if it is on the level of the Elements itself.

• Brohoof 1

I agree in a sense, but that raises the question on how powerful the Crystal Heart is and if it is on the level of the Elements itself.

Considering that they were concerned about Discord's power after they put away the Elements, I'd say no

(edited)

Considering that they were concerned about Discord's power after they put away the Elements, I'd say no

Fair point, but considering they likely consider Sombra dead as opposed to the free & wondering Discord, I can see the meaning of that statement changing under context.

Saying that, I'd have to see more of Sombra before making any conclusion. I can agree that Discord is tops and Tirek is likely second (he only ascended Discord through through that silver tongue of his), though placing Sombra and Nightmare Moon is a bit difficult.

Edited by PathfinderCS

I think King Sombra is pretty cool. However I don't feel like he lived up to his potential in the season 3 premiere. but I still like him. I had this idea regarding my OC and him that basically rips off The Superior Spider Man. Like Doc Ock did with Spider Man, Sombra takes over Bright's body(who's a super hero) and tries his hand at being a hero...

But anyway, awesome villain. Love his design.

Fair point, but considering they likely consider Sombra dead as opposed to the free & wondering Discord, I can see the meaning of that statement changing under context.

Saying that, I'd have to see more of Sombra before making any conclusion. I can agree that Discord is tops and Tirek is likely second (he only ascended Discord through through that silver tongue of his), though placing Sombra and Nightmare Moon is a bit difficult.

Tirek is definitely top tier, even before he absorbed Discord's power, he was capable of pinning him down.

Nightmare Moon is about equal to Celestia, the only reason she took Celestia down so fast was because Celestia wasn't trying to fight back

Chrysalis is just a weakling

Sunset Shimmer in her demon form should surpass Discord

Tirek is definitely top tier, even before he absorbed Discord's power, he was capable of pinning him down.

Nightmare Moon is about equal to Celestia, the only reason she took Celestia down so fast was because Celestia wasn't trying to fight back

Chrysalis is just a weakling

Sunset Shimmer in her demon form should surpass Discord

I'm not sure which scene you are referring to, so I can't make a solid judgement there on Tirek. Discord might've either let Tirek pin him or was too emotionally distraught to fight back. I would still think Discord is tops, but it is unfair for me to judge.

I see no reason to doubt you there on Nightmare Moon, and I can agree on Chrysalis. At least she has cunning and an army of minions to rely on!

On Sunset Shimmer, I find it extremely difficult to judge her. Yeah she definitely received a great power boost thanks to Twilight's crown, but I don't remember her showing much outside of zombifying the student & staff and transforming Snips & Snails.

I'm not sure which scene you are referring to, so I can't make a solid judgement there on Tirek. Discord might've either let Tirek pin him or was too emotionally distraught to fight back. I would still think Discord is tops, but it is unfair for me to judge

When Tirek lifts up Discord before eating his magic, Discord is clearly struggling but can't get away

On Sunset Shimmer, I find it extremely difficult to judge her. Yeah she definitely received a great power boost thanks to Twilight's crown, but I don't remember her showing much outside of zombifying the student & staff and transforming Snips & Snails.

It has more to do with her confidence. She has clearly been spying on Equestria and knows lots about it and current events, she would have been expecting Discord and she was still confident in her ability to take him down

Also, what she corrupted required a separate shot to purify 

When Tirek lifts up Discord before eating his magic, Discord is clearly struggling but can't get away

It has more to do with her confidence. She has clearly been spying on Equestria and knows lots about it and current events, she would have been expecting Discord and she was still confident in her ability to take him down

Also, what she corrupted required a separate shot to purify 

On Tirek, fair point, though do we judge Tirek on his natural state or on his state after stealing pony magic? The reason I bring that up is because of Chrysalis. Chrysalis, thanks to sapping the love Shining Armor had for Cadence, had enough power to overcome Celestia. Likewise, Tirek, after sapping the magic from all ponies sans Twilight, was able to stab Discord in the back.

Do we judge on the natural state of a villain or their potential? If potential, then Tirek is an absolute MONSTER among GODS.

As for Sunset, while confidence alone won't win you battles (YOU STILL THINK LOVE IS A REDICULOUS SENTIMENT CHRYSALIS!?), I concede on the purifying shot.

On Tirek, fair point, though do we judge Tirek on his natural state or on his state after stealing pony magic? The reason I bring that up is because of Chrysalis. Chrysalis, thanks to sapping the love Shining Armor had for Cadence, had enough power to overcome Celestia. Likewise, Tirek, after sapping the magic from all ponies sans Twilight, was able to stab Discord in the back.

That's a tough point. Tirek wasn't at his full power either, Celestia said his years in Tartarus had weakened him. Since we didn't see the Elements, he's probably about as strong as Sombra without absorbing magic

Do we judge on the natural state of a villain or their potential? If potential, then Tirek is an absolute MONSTER among GODS.

Yeah. Chrysalis can absorb too, but her maximum is far less. The love shield had too much power for her to absorb. Tirek probably has limits too as he didn't even try to take down Friendship Powers

As for Sunset, while confidence alone won't win you battles (YOU STILL THINK LOVE IS A REDICULOUS SENTIMENT CHRYSALIS!?), I concede on the purifying shot.

I know, but unlike Chrysalis, Sunset isn't a blithering idiot. And statements are usually fact unless contradicted.

To use a DBZ example

Since Pocus was confident in beating Kaioshin and Kaioshin was wary of him

Pocus>Kaioshin

That's a tough point. Tirek wasn't at his full power either, Celestia said his years in Tartarus had weakened him. Since we didn't see the Elements, he's probably about as strong as Sombra without absorbing magic

I forgot about the Tartarus remark. He likely was more powerful when he & Scorpan first ventured into Equestria vs. when we first see him in "Twilight's Kingdom." As it stands I agree with what you say here.

Yeah. Chrysalis can absorb too, but her maximum is far less. The love shield had too much power for her to absorb. Tirek probably has limits too as he didn't even try to take down Friendship Powers

I don't doubt that. Plus it seems like Chrysalis' love-sapper was a great deal slower as opposed to Tirek's almost instantaneous magic-stealer.

I know, but unlike Chrysalis, Sunset isn't a blithering idiot. And statements are usually fact unless contradicted.

To use a DBZ example

Since Pocus was confident in beating Kaioshin and Kaioshin was wary of him

Pocus>Kaioshin

I concede there; very good point indeed.