Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Why do so many people hate on country music?

Oblivion

On 4/20/2019 at 12:51 AM, TheTaZe said:

Because it is easy to hate on. Why do people hate on Fortnite? Because it's incredibly popular and people usually seem to have an affront to something that is everywhere.

I mean let's be honest, hating fortnut has become a hobby for many folks!

• Brohoof 2

On 4/20/2019 at 12:51 AM, TheTaZe said:

Because it is easy to hate on. Why do people hate on Fortnite? Because it's incredibly popular and people usually seem to have an affront to something that is everywhere.

Nope. I don't dislike it because it's popular (which I don't really think it is - as I've said before, country is a love it or hate it genre), and cool to hate. I dislike it because I personally find that the music is a real drag to listen to. The vocals, the instrumentation. Something about it just doesn't work and irritates the heck out of me. Country music is either irritable, or it is just straight-up depressing. And I mean depressing in an actual chemical sense. I actually like music that is unhappy (a lot of the British Folk I listen to is just misery personified in song form) but country music that is depressing, is like depressing to the level that it brings me down on a psychological level and makes me function less.

• Brohoof 1

I don't personally hate Country, it's not my favorite genre, but there are certainly worse. I can see how some people dislike country, because the song topics are pretty much the same. Male country singers sing about beer, trucks and girls. Female country singers sing about killing cheaters. There's a theme, that can get repetitive and blend together.

12 hours ago, Cpl_Dixon said:

I don't personally hate Country, it's not my favorite genre, but there are certainly worse. I can see how some people dislike country, because the song topics are pretty much the same. Male country singers sing about beer, trucks and girls. Female country singers sing about killing cheaters. There's a theme, that can get repetitive and blend together.

That's mostly only mainstream radio country honestly.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Blivy said:

That's mostly only mainstream radio country honestly.

Yeah, but what do stores and stuff play on repeat? Mainstream. People who have never listened to country come in and hear that, they get the impression that country is that and only that. If you don't like the mainstream stuff, why would anyone want to dig deeper into a genre that as far as they know, is the same as the repetitive mainstream examples.

4 hours ago, Cpl_Dixon said:

Yeah, but what do stores and stuff play on repeat? Mainstream. People who have never listened to country come in and hear that, they get the impression that country is that and only that. If you don't like the mainstream stuff, why would anyone want to dig deeper into a genre that as far as they know, is the same as the repetitive mainstream examples.

I dig to find gems like this! 

• Brohoof 2

Any genre of music is bound to get some kind of hate. Country is one of those I don't mind, though I do blame my mom since she was a huge Randy Travis fan when I was growing up. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

I find modern country music pretty bland to listen to... I don't vibe with the stuff that throws in lots of commercialized pop influences with throwaway lyrics. I'll take some classic Waylon Jennings, Jerry Reed, or Johnny Cash any day though. B) There's a heart and soul to their music that is lacking in mainstream modern country IMO. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I find modern country music pretty bland to listen to... I don't vibe with the stuff that throws in lots of commercialized pop influences with throwaway lyrics. I'll take some classic Waylon Jennings, Jerry Reed, or Johnny Cash any day though. B) There's a heart and soul to their music that is lacking in mainstream modern country IMO. 

Look back to some of my olde posts! I posted some modern gems that you won't find on the radio! There is lot of good country they just won't play it on the radio because everyone likes "bro" country these days!

• Brohoof 4

On 2/16/2020 at 12:27 AM, Emerald Heart said:

As a Texan, it may surprise you that I dislike country music.

It's annoying, and all the songs sound the same. It's just kinda stupid.

I mean, I listened to Taylor Swift back when she actually was a country artist and that was actually good. That's the closest I've ever gotten.

But how deep have you really dug for it? The crap on the radio anymore I would barely even call country (most of it) most of that stuff is "bro country" and cheap party songs with forgettable lyrics. If you would like to hear what I consider good country look at some of the music I posted here.

Another example! 

I don't get how anyone couldn't feel that song in there would in there very being! To me music is so much more than a catchy beat or edgy lyrics, it has to move my soul to be good to me cause if it don't move my soul it ain't a good song to me imo. I feel like these days music has became incredibly cheap! So many people just have it on in the background and really don't even pay attention the the lyrics or there meaning and just use it as white noise etc. Me when a song come on like that that shakes me to my core I turn it up close my eyes put my feet up and relax, and in some cases even she'd tears. Possibly that's just me being an empath, but to sum it all up, that's what music means to me.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen more people say they like every genre but rap... Some people say that about metal, some about classical – I guess a lot of genres. :mellow:

As for why that happens, I guess for some it's just about personal preferences, while others might have a negative view of a genre for whatever reason. Personally, I've found there are good and bad songs in every genre (even Finnish rap), even if there are some I'm more likely to enjoy. :rarity:

I know this is an ancient thread, but it's still reasonably active, so why not reply. :D

• Brohoof 2

On 3/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, Tacodidra said:

I've seen more people say they like every genre but rap... Some people say that about metal, some about classical – I guess a lot of genres. :mellow:

As for why that happens, I guess for some it's just about personal preferences, while others might have a negative view of a genre for whatever reason. Personally, I've found there are good and bad songs in every genre (even Finnish rap), even if there are some I'm more likely to enjoy. :rarity:

I know this is an ancient thread, but it's still reasonably active, so why not reply. :D

HEY that's alright!I just tend to like fairly deep songs which much radio country just dont quite have, But like I said there is a lot of hidden gems out there.

• Brohoof 1

Depends. I am not sure what i like is country rock. But i hate if its those obnoxious country songs, where the words are heavily sung and it just drives me nuts. Example

"que obnoxious guitar intro" (Well I HAVE A FARM AND I LIKE MY TRUCK) "obnoxious guitar again.

Example of something i like "Lynard Skyward - Simple Man" that i like. But i have no idea if its considered country or country rock.

Here is a parody of typical country songs i would not like XD

3 hours ago, Sparkleberry said:

Example of something i like "Lynard Skyward - Simple Man" that i like. But i have no idea if its considered country or country rock.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is a band from a genre called "Southern Rock". It has some Country influences but is pretty far removed from Country music itself. Don't worry, it's not Country music. In fact, it's not even classified as Country Rock.

I have this odd thing where I absolutely despise country music, but actually like some of the related genres like Country Rock and Country Folk. Hence why I love the Eagles and John Denver. So, I can understand.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, Envy said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd is a band from a genre called "Southern Rock". It has some Country influences but is pretty far removed from Country music itself. Don't worry, it's not Country music. In fact, it's not even classified as Country Rock.

I have this odd thing where I absolutely despise country music, but actually like some of the related genres like Country Rock and Country Folk. Hence why I love the Eagles and John Denver. So, I can understand.

I just usually have to dig deep to find the modern good stuff!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 10:07 AM, Tao said:

It has just gotten too whiny or way to pop themed for my taste. 

I agree! The stuff on the radio seems to only or at least mostly talk about beer, pickups trucks, girls, girls in shorts, long tanned legs on girls! HAHA you get the drift. :ButtercupLaugh: