S04:E17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me  

245 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I just got finished watching this a few minutes ago. Here are my thoughts.

-I really enjoyed hearing AJ call somepony sugarcube the first time for a while!  :)

-"Home Alone!"  If that's not a nod to the legendary Macaulay Culkin movie, I don't know what is. 

-AJ chewing her hoof like a fingernail??

-Of course AJ comes back at the most inopportune time and is partially responsible for the broken glass and the mess in the kitchen.

-Refrigerator? I thought they still used ice boxes. It's hard to keep track of what's current technology in Equestria. They're all over the place with that. :P

-I don't think AJ is out of character but I can see why people think she's OOC. They did get a little carried away with her for comedic effect.  I may chime in on the thread that addresses this later. 

-But didn't she successfully buck apples in an earlier episode?

-Bubble wrap everything.

-How do you follow up a running helmet gag? A second helmet!  :P

-Why that sounds deLIGHTful! Best Sweetie Squeak yet this season. :D

-Songus interruptus...but that still counts as a song against the season total, right?  :huh: 

-At first I thought that was a crib but it appears AJ added bars to a regular bed.

-Now that we've had an Applebloom episode, it's obvious her voice has gotten lower as well.

-Flames.  Great. 

-How do you top a two-headed monster? With a THREE-headed monster! :lol:

-Apple Bloom does very well defending herself and the cart against that monster but now it's time for big sis to step in. 

-And AJ gives Apple Bloom credit for being a big girl after all. She got that cart so far safely after all. :) Some nice feels at the end too. 

• Brohoof 2

This episode bucking sucked! These recent episodes have nearly made me quit the fandom, I only liked Filli Vanilli. I had to watch a lot of previous episodes from s1 or s2 to even stay in the fandom. The quality needs to increase.

this was a good episode so what if applejack was out of character she was worried and for those you love you should get a little crazy and big macintosh was in it so that was awesome

Edited by That One Guy
  • Brohoof 1

god XD this episode
a few things that stuck out to me

1. Applebloom: IM HOME ALONE!
me: (cocks shotgun) get ready applebloom their coming!

2. Applejack in this episode reminds me of my mom  when I was 10 -_-

3. Spaghetti trolled this episode! 

• Brohoof 1

Fantastic episode. More of applejack trying to overdo the big sister role which was great as well as the CMC were enjoyable in this episode as well. A solid 8.5/10 for me. The new writer did a great job. Much needed after the breezies episode which was very ''meh' for me.

• Brohoof 3

I just love episode, it was good mix between regular and adventure story. With good solid lesson at the end. And i also realist after words that in this episode the only one of mine six we saw was applejack. I don't know any other episode that happen our at lest don't remember one. So that's new. 

So give this episode 10/10 Apples. :P

• Brohoof 2

I actually a bit liked this episode. :) Because some of the previous episodes have been that kind of episodes that made me wonder around the internet instead of focusing on watching them. This was a nice change for that. But I agree that the episodes on this season kind of doesen't "feel" the same as the first couple seasons. I don't know is it the idea of making everypony to write their own diaries instead of having that one simple diary writing that continues throughout? It's also so much depending on the writer and their unique style they create for the episode. As it comes for the episode, I think Applejacks behavior was a bit overacting and the message might have come through with a bit less effort.  ;)

LIGHTSABERS SHOULD I SCARED OF AJ... OR NAH!

JK

:derp:

I just got finished watching this a few minutes ago. Here are my thoughts.

-I really enjoyed hearing AJ call somepony sugarcube the first time for a while!  :)

-"Home Alone!"  If that's not a nod to the legendary Macaulay Culkin movie, I don't know what is. 

-AJ chewing her hoof like a fingernail??

-Of course AJ comes back at the most inopportune time and is partially responsible for the broken glass and the mess in the kitchen.

-Refrigerator? I thought they still used ice boxes. It's hard to keep track of what's current technology in Equestria. They're all over the place with that. :P

-I don't think AJ is out of character but I can see why people think she's OOC. They did get a little carried away with her for comedic effect.  I may chime in on the thread that addresses this later. 

-But didn't she successfully buck apples in an earlier episode?

-Bubble wrap everything.

-How do you follow up a running helmet gag? A second helmet!  :P

-Why that sounds deLIGHTful! Best Sweetie Squeak yet this season. :D

-Songus interruptus...but that still counts as a song against the season total, right?  :huh:

-At first I thought that was a crib but it appears AJ added bars to a regular bed.

-Now that we've had an Applebloom episode, it's obvious her voice has gotten lower as well.

-Flames.  Great. 

-How do you top a two-headed monster? With a THREE-headed monster! :lol:

-Apple Bloom does very well defending herself and the cart against that monster but now it's time for big sis to step in. 

-And AJ gives Apple Bloom credit for being a big girl after all. She got that cart so far safely after all. :) Some nice feels at the end too. 

Dont forget Lightsabers!

I loved this episode. Maybe not as an Applejack episode, but definitely an Apple Bloom episode. The being home alone and proving yourself responsible, that's something every kid is excited for when their peers trust them that much. For the most part I didn't blame AJ for being so protective... until she started wrapping everything in plastic. Even Twilight wouldn't be so paranoid. But the sisterly bond between AJ and Apple Bloom, even the mere mention of it was great. Forget hydras, timberwolves and rockodiles, because they all want to eat ponies but that chimera was the first monster to speak how much they wanted Apple Bloom. By gosh... that was actually quite scary.

The episode was all around good, escape for Applejack's OCD. I find it weird as well because one simple rewrite could easily tone it down enough but it somehow got passed Meghan McCarthy as head writer. The extra time they could be giving themselves could have actually been used for Apple Bloom's song.

Favourite CMC represent! Something inside me tells me that this episode is going to be sterling. I don't know, I can just feel it about to wrap up amazingly.

Ahem best cmc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3sVcsh7A0&list=LLp1w0v4JYZhC9wIL0hkjTYw

woot i can finally drop this off here.  tri labs take a piece of you away.

I should have loved this episode.  But i didn't.  If i just went in, turned my brain off I could had I had fun,

but I had someone else pestering me to analyze the episode,

It's a great episode to watch than never think of ever again.

Applebloom episode :catface: yay ;) just wondering :huh: why is Applejack so overprotective like come on :fiery: anyway it was really cool I really enjoyed it :)post-25376-0-28017000-1394857798.jpg

post-25376-0-28017000-1394857798.jpg

Edited by Twipie
  • Brohoof 1

Well, AJ, that's one way to use a lion tamer's chair...

Anyway, this episode was pretty fun, even though it wasn't the best. I'll admit that though it did seem a little out of character at first, it was kinda funny to see Applejack worried for a change.

Favorite part: Applejack's worrying

Favorite line: "I keep thinkin' of stuff I forgot to put on her list. Like, if she wants to get a spoon out of the drawer, she should open the drawer first!"

• Brohoof 2

I really loved the episode.... first half.
The Apple Bloom was so damn cute in it. And her problem with sister was so hilarious. But everything what happened after Apple Bloom sneaked out of the house was just bad. I didn't like this beast, Applejack duel with it and the lesson was weak because of how the plot gone.

• Brohoof 1

Don't have too much to say. I felt like Apple Jack was being way too protective (a bit annoying actually) over Apple Bloom, even though it was clear Apple Bloom could have taken care of herself while Apple Jack blinded herself from what was really going on (ie, Apple Jack screwed up Bloomie with her chores).

Also, SCOOTALOO, Y U NO SHUT UP?!? She needs to hold her enthusiasm a lot. Also, I'm surprised they didn't plan to paint themselves a different color when in bed so they didn't have to hide themselves so much in their blankets.

Kudos for Apple Jack really loving her sister pretty well. I made this post after watching the next episode, soo... it seems Maud Pie and Apple Jack show their love for their younger sisters in different ways. Apple Jack is very expressive about it and will fight a monster for Apple Bloom, and Maud Pie is seemingly indifferent about a lot of things but will disintegrate a boulder for Pinkie Pie.

All was well in the end.

Edited by Super80 Wolf
  • Brohoof 2

I've been talking to some people who hate this episode and while it is not the best i enjoyed it they didn't like it because of AJ's overprotectiveness but i feel like I've had times when i have felt like her so i identified with her protective instinct but at the same time understanding Appleblooms need for independence so this episode certainly made me think which i quite enjoy :)

• Brohoof 1

Favorite line: "I keep thinkin' of stuff I forgot to put on her list. Like, if she wants to get a spoon out of the drawer, she should open the drawer first!"

Open a Drawer? I thought you just tore through them....oops :derp:

I really loved the episode.... first half.

The Apple Bloom was so damn cute in it. And her problem with sister was so hilarious. But everything what happened after Apple Bloom sneaked out of the house was just bad. I didn't like this beast, Applejack duel with it and the lesson was weak because of how the plot gone.

However there was redneck ponies at the end. that made my week.

• Brohoof 2