Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kodiak

I'm always one for continuity, so I would be inclined to show the pilot episodes as they are introductory and require little explanation. Showing someone an episode from the middle of the season runs the risk of their getting lost by virtue of being unfamiliar with the characters and pacing. But you could probably get away with showing "Lesson Zero" since you don't need to have the full background to understand Twilight is going off the reservation. In my opinion, the season two premiere might be too confusing and disjointed---especially with the Elements of Harmony being so essential and the deus ex machina involving the letters Twilight sent to Celestia over the course of the first season.

"Dragonshy" sounds like a good choice. It's in the spirit of the show, yet it defies the expectations you might have for a series called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

I'm always one for continuity, so I would be inclined to show the pilot episodes as they are introductory and require little explanation. Showing someone an episode from the middle of the season runs the risk of their getting lost by virtue of being unfamiliar with the characters and pacing. But you could probably get away with showing "Lesson Zero" since you don't need to have the full background to understand Twilight is going off the reservation. In my opinion, the season two premiere might be too confusing and disjointed---especially with the Elements of Harmony being so essential and the deus ex machina involving the letters Twilight sent to Celestia over the course of the first season.

"Dragonshy" sounds like a good choice. It's in the spirit of the show, yet it defies the expectations you might have for a series called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I've seen Dragonshy recommended a number of times, but I didn't like how it ended too much. The dragon gets defensive, when it could easily fry all the ponies without any trouble.

But then again, a lot of stuff is just about character, after all, there's videos where aggressive cats send bears running away in fear...

If it wasn't for the opening animation in the very first episode, I wouldn't be here. It was just such an epic backstory and the animation gave it a LOTR kinda epic world feel. But at the same time, those first two episodes also had some major turnoffs, like "giggle at the ghosties", it took episode 3 for me to keep watching the series.

I might look at maybe the season 2 E1 and 2 again. Q Discord [i had to edit to fix this! XD] is an awesome character, and with all the stuff that goes on, it's a great episode to blow all expectations/preconceived notions out of the water.

I mean, the very first opening SCENE where the CMC's fight blows the "My Little Pony" G1 image out of the water.

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

I'd have to pick Griffon The Brush Off. That was the episode that REALLY hooked me on to this show. Granted, I did watch the previous episodes before that one, but this one has a nice little antagonist and a nice story to work with. People will like the drama in this episode. I know I did :lol:

I think The Last Roundup could make a pretty good first episode for someone. It captures the general feel of the show quite well, with plenty of each of the Mane 6's personality traits shown quite well, plus an epic chase scene and a reference to the fan community.

what is the best (opinon) show to show a non pony to convert to the herd??

Mod Note - I've merged your thread with this one, as they are essentially the same thing. Always be sure to do a quick search, using the forums search function found at the top of each page, to make sure you're not making a duplicate thread ;)

Mod Note - I've merged your thread with this one, as they are essentially the same thing. Always be sure to do a quick search, using the forums search function found at the top of each page, to make sure you're not making a duplicate thread ;)

did..it came up with a advance seach lol...all i put in was episode :P thnx btw

did..it came up with a advance seach lol...all i put in was episode :P thnx btw

Yeah, the search tends to come up with a whole bunch more stuff than what you're actually looking for. Sometimes you have to search multiple times, wording it many different ways. So many synonyms to check through. It's hell for us mods when we KNOW it's a dupe, and have to find it somehow. Was easy in this case though, as I remembered a bit of the threads title to search with ;)

Now I think I shall go back on topic here...

I believe one good episode for new ponies would be Episode 16 of season 2, "Read it and Weep", as it shows a more adventurous side to the series. Certainly a good starter compared to the Episodes focusing on Rarity's dress making :P

• 3 weeks later...

Swarm of the Century-It has boat loads of cute but gets the ponies together in some wacky moments...then ends with Pinkie Pie saving the day and has some awesome faces by Celestia when she watches the parasprites go by

I would also show it because of the funny scene with Pinkie Pie being a One Pony Band.

I hooked a friend with "Bridle Gossip" "Swarm of the Century" and "Lesson Zero". We had a deal that he would watch 3 episodes. So I showed him 3 episodes. We watched more afterwords though :D.

"Party of One" and then the first 4 episodes of Season 1 in order.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

So I have this friend who's a girl, i told her i like mlp, she makes fun of me(what a surprise), i told her she should watch some but to no avail, but one day one of her classmates put a quote on the white board from twilight sparkle, i can;t remember what it was exactly, but it something about her big brother, she asked me what was that about, so i explained to her part of the canterlot wedding story, and she said "thats actually not bad, i think i might watch some"

I am going to tell her to watch canterlot wedding because thats what I just explained to her, but, sense we all know she ll be converted, i am wondering if its successful, and she wants to watch more, what should it be.

1. She's a girl, so the basic episodes that have some manliness in it wouldn't do

2. It needs to be something that has an indepth story

So, got any ideas, i ll collect, some episodes form you guys and make poll afterwards.

Edited by caesar15
  • Brohoof 2

Hurricane Fluttershy is a great episode with a lot of emotion. Same goes for Secret of My Excess and The Last Roundup. A Friend In Deed would be good too.

Some good Season 1 episodes would be Green Is Not Your Color, Dragonshy, Over A Barrel, and The Cutie Mark Chronicles.

Each of these episodes has a great story that isn't entirely predictable, whether it's because of what events are taking place or because of what emotions bring the plot to life.

• Brohoof 2

How about "The Show Stoppers"? That is a great episode. And "Hurricane Fluttershy" just like RockingRarity said.

I'd say that MMMystery on the Friendship Express, because it shows obviously one thing that MLP-fans like: the references. In "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" is funny, and it has references to Sherlock Holmes, ninja movies etc. And it has a "fun" touch in it. The indepth story might not be in it... :huh:

But I'm not gonna write ore, because all of the others I'd recommend are in the posts above, like "Secret of my Excess" and "Party for One"... And ofc "Hurricane Fluttershy".