Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Inspirational Fictional Character?

~Brenden~

(edited)

Most of us, or at the very least some, have encountered this thing where a character- fictional of course, has inspired you in some way. Hmmm, best way to explain and give an example by an "inspirational character" is say.... If there was this character from some animated show that you really like and this character is really into art but you are not into it by trying to get into it. But because this character has so much- or at least some- impact on you that you're all like "Because this character that I really love is into art, and has shown me the inner-love that I have and other stuff like that, I will now get into art!". You see what I mean? So basically, you just talk about characters that have inspired you in some way shape or form and such. :D Enjoy! :3

Edited by BrendenHoovesOkazaki
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Obviously for me, it's my lovely waifu Rarity  :D

cute_rarity_by_mushroom_cookie_bear-d6giI swear, I love this little pony so much! :wub:

I'm gonna get a bit sappy here, so read at your own risk.

When I first joined the fandom, I was a very, very depressed person; I suffer from dilated cardiomyopathy, which constantly has me on edge and at risk for a heart-attack, cutting my expected lifespan in half as is due to it being an enlarged heart. On top of that, I live with my grandparents; just know that there's usually 2 important variables missing from the equation when a kid lives with his grandparents. I lost one in a car wreck, and the other was never in the equation to begin with. 

I'm not milking you for a sob story here, though, keep in mind; it's not all bad. My grandparents got some dough, and I have a great living situation with them; probably why you don't hear me bitch so much about not having parents as I do having my heart problem :P

A dark cloud always loomed over my head, though. It wasn't easy coping with it before, honestly. I'd still break down and lose control sometimes. There was so much stress in my life, and I could feel my heart pounding away inside of me, its throbs pulsating throughout my entire being in sharp bursts of pain. I had little control over my emotions.

Then, I stumbled across some bronies getting thrashed on a Phoenix Wright video one day, and it piqued my curiosity, needless to say :D

That's when I discovered Rarity.

I never really have gotten attached to characters like I have with her, honestly. I relate to her in many ways, but I love getting to see her stay strong and overcome the obstacles in her path; I love the devotion and passion she has to not only her own personal aspiration and dreams, but her friends and their own happiness as well. I love being on edge as I watch her; I love her humor, I love her voice, I love her over-dramatized reactions to trivial things...

...I can still sorta see me in the mirror, though; I can overcome those obstacles like she does, can go against my own personal desires to do what's right in the end, I can be just as passionate to who I want to be and to the well-being of those around me as she is.

She's a very admirable pony who gets an unfair amount of criticism.

Being a Rarity fan has been an adventure for me, no doubt; I know I'm a very outspoken fan of hers, but it's gotten a mixed reception. I've received praise for it, received hatred for it, and everything between.

I dunno, man.

I guess being the huge Rarity fan that I am has played such a huge role in my life; one that's going to be engraved in my heart and my memories, long after I leave the fandom.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 13

If you know me well than you would know that that inspirational character would be the wonderful Pinkie Pie.

post-4053-0-34764400-1394344710_thumb.png

Her energy and happiness inspires me to be happy and just cheers me up whenever I'm feeling down with her brilliant Smile song. She inspires me to find a laugh out of even the hardest and  embarrassing situations and overall just inspires me to enjoy all my energy.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, Squidward was my inspiration in high school for learning the clarinet over any other instrument :P

img-2388272-1-b89f31a85da7290ddecdad44f2

All joking aside... Jean-Luc Picard is a bit of an inspirational character for me. Whenever I find myself thrust into a leadership position, I try to emulate his leadership style by being rational, reasonable and respectful towards my fellow workers. It sits a lot better with me than being the "power-hungry dictator" and these skills usually take people by surprise (I'm normally pretty quiet.)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 6

640px-Goku_normal.jpg

Everyone's favorite hero who grew up watching anime in the mid to late 90's. What hasn't been said about Goku already? Sure he may not be the brightest person on this list, but what he makes up for in smarts he does so with his character. 

I absolutely love his carefree attitude and his views in life. He is innocent and protected from all of the negative aspects of life and when the going gets tough, you can always count on him. I've known Goku since I was 5 years old and even though its been 15 years, I still respect the man to this day :)

• Brohoof 4

Jean-Luc Picard is a bit of an inspirational character for me. Whenever I find myself thrust into a leadership position, I try to emulate his leadership style by being rational, reasonable and respectful towards my fellow workers. It sits a lot better with me than being the "power-hungry dictator" and these skills usually take people by surprise (I'm normally pretty quiet.)

I couldn't agree more. Of all the Star Trek captains he's easily the most logical and believable. Just imagine everything he's been through and yet he still manages to hold together. I admire his behavior in the episode where he's trapped in a room with 3 other people and they suspect one another of being the culprit.

tumblr_mnpjkkFX7e1s67vyfo1_250.gif

Edited by -Stargazer-

Well.....even though I prefer Darth Vader, b/c he's badass and all, I want to go with Master Yoda.  

yoda_by_mrwills-d4nhw8p.jpg

I can come up with an entire lecture on why, but most of his words in the Star Wars trilogy have inspired me to go the distance.  Especially he's quote, "Do or Do Not.  There is No Try".  After hearing that, my ambition to pursue my IT career and my VA career went through the roof.   A fascinating character, he is.

• Brohoof 4

599535_635668373127983_41388836_n.jpg

Edward Elric is my inspirational fictional character. I could go on a big spiel on why he is, but instead I'll make it quick. Basically, I just like his character. He does what's right, and no matter what the odds he fights for what is right. I also like how he solves situations. :)

• Brohoof 1

The first name that comes to mind is Applejack, Applejack had to take on a lot at a very young age. With her parents passing she had to help raise her sister and run the family farm, despite this hardship Applejack has been able to grow up into an independent, strong and kind hearted young mare that is true to herself, her friends, family and everyone else. Revan is also another notable name on my list, he was a jedi who fell to the dark side and became known as Darth Revan. After being defeated by the jedi and having his mind erased he slowly regained his memories and discovered the truth that he himself was Revan. Faced with a choice Revan chose the light side, he tried to convince his former apprentice Darth Malik to turn away from the dark side and did succeed but Darth Malik died from the battle. He may have chosen the light but he went his own way by leaving known space to confront the Sith Emporer, he unfortunetely failed to stop him and never return but he was at the very least able to delay the Sith Emporers invasion.

• Brohoof 1

The first name that comes to mind is Applejack, Applejack had to take on a lot at a very young age. With her parents passing she had to help raise her sister and run the family farm, despite this hardship Applejack has been able to grow up into an independent, strong and kind hearted young mare that is true to herself, her friends, family and everyone else. Revan is also another notable name on my list, he was a jedi who fell to the dark side and became known as Darth Revan. After being defeated by the jedi and having his mind erased he slowly regained his memories and discovered the truth that he himself was Revan. Faced with a choice Revan chose the light side, he tried to convince his former apprentice Darth Malik to turn away from the dark side and did succeed but Darth Malik died from the battle. He may have chosen the light but he went his own way by leaving known space to confront the Sith Emporer, he unfortunetely failed to stop him and never return but he was at the very least able to delay the Sith Emporers invasion.

The story of Revan is even more complicated and amazing than that, considering the reasons for his fall... Knights Of The Old Republic was an amazing addition to the SW universe, both games.

As for me, it has to be waifu:

_madoka_kaname__by_hirashi09kawame-d41yt

I think it takes a special kind of person to be as caring yet so utterly humble and human as Madoka Kaname is. Please based Madoka, save this world from it's sins.

The story of Revan is even more complicated and amazing than that

I know, but if I try to explain that it will take all day, and the fact that he had such interesting ideas both as a jedi and a sith.

• Brohoof 1

One of the first that come to mind is Samwise Gamgee. He stuck by Frodo through thick and thin. He never gave up. Even when Frodo told him to just "Go home" after they had walked halfway across Middle Earth together, Sam came back and saved him. And in the hardest moment, when they were on the very slopes of Mount Doom and the Ring was weighing heavier on Frodo than ever, Sam knew he couldn't take the burden from him, but he did what he could. He carried his friend along with all the burdens he bore. To me, Samwise is the epitome of selfless devotion to another.

I'll go with Phoenix Wright. It's hard not to be inspired by a guy who defends helpless and innocent people, with his only motive being that it's the right thing to do.

phoenix-wright.jpg

Oh and Twilight Sparkle too. Just because I relate to her so much.

• Brohoof 3

oFFOQi9.jpg

I would have to go with Haruhi Fujioka.

Boy, do I wuv her

She isn't the average girly main anime character. She's independent, smart, and just plain selfless. She doesn't obsess over boys, even though some of the Host Club members flirt with her (alot), which I quite admire. There is just something about her that I find dead sexy.

• Brohoof 1

One of the favorites would have to be Vash the Stampede.

89607.jpg

He's a character that you would come across during one's childish adventures to find TV shows that are "super-adult and have guns and blood and stuff". But he's one of the characters you should probably take heart to, a bit more. While he's *capable* of hitting a pebble blowing in the wind from a mile away, entire episodes go by where he avoids conflict by just never drawing his gun entirely. He's never, in any way, eager to get into a fight - as he knows that in the end, just about everyone is as fearful of violence and death as the next guy.

While a young kid like my early self would be drawn in by his mysterious, far-off badassness (and in the show he has a terrifying legend surrounding him) he's ultimately pretty silly - in a lot of ways a joke on anyone's attempt to look super-cool and be "taken seriously" by everyone. In some ways, early on that's exactly what I needed, as I was over-focusing on an untalkative personality that seemed cool at first, but when empathizing with outside people, I realized - "I just pretty much look like some emo kid! Get it together and be more talkative, even if you end up looking stupid sometimes. Vash looks pretty stupid sometimes, and you don't hate him for it."

Mine...would have to be either DANTE:Dante-Devil-May-Cry-4-devil-may-cry-5439Mainly because he is a FUCKING DEMON KILLING BADASS!

Or Sam 'Serious' Stone:serious-sam-hd-oxcgn-1.jpgJust because....LOOK AT HIM!  How can that masculine figure NOT be an inspiration!?

I'm going to say Master Chief.

attachicon.gifdownload (6).jpg

He is one of the reasons I live today. How can a man that kills aliens to save the human race, particularly in the noble way he does, NOT be inspirational.

I want to include he's got something that no other spartan has...................................Luck. :)

I don't recall any of those before MLP. The whole mane6 inspired me to keep fighting to get out of this hellhole of a country I'm still living in by studying and graduating my university. But I had an inspiration with Dashie, AJ, and Flutty, they made me workout, and lost 14 Kg 9 months ago

I would have to say I have far more than one, but a character I directly connect with would probably have to be Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Harry Potter from that obvious self procclaimed franchise and MLP's own Twilight Sparkle. Very head on with my adventures but I realize it takes the strength of those I love and who love me for my ultimate motivation.

post-24134-0-48522100-1394553197_thumb.jpg

Dean Winchester from Supernatural. He puts his family and friends before his own needs. During the early seasons, he was just following his father's wishes, but he became his own person. He's intelligent, brave, and extremely caring. Not to mention a kickbutt hero. He definitely inspired me to do what is right, even if it means having to make tough decisions. His ability to move past pain made me able to move past all those who mocked me and made me much more self-confident. I like to think: "Well, if Dean can go fight demons everyday, then I can face my own.

Edited by Creativity
  • Brohoof 1