Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Inspirational Fictional Character?

~Brenden~

Well, I have a couple of characters that inspire me, so I will give my short list. :3

post-23253-0-51573900-1394552349.png

(MLP:Fim) Pinkie Pie- Pinkie Pie inspired in one specific way becuase me and her are just so alike! She loves her friends, she is hyper, fun, "crazy" (I say unique, not weird and crazy), and she is really funny. :D

Because I am like her and all- as I mentioned, some people cannot accept- for whatever reason, that I am hyper, unqiue, and all that other stuff.

Pinkie Pie truly showed me that I should always be who I am and never let people tell me otherwise.

post-23253-0-21976500-1394553805.png

(Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai) Kumin Tsuyuri-  Kumin, from the crazy Anime Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai- she is quite the unique character.

Kumin's favorite hobby, and other stuff like that is napping and sleeping. During class, she is sleeping, during club room activities she is sleeping (Well, napping is part of the club room activites if you ever watched Chuunibyou).

Onew thing she is into that is related to napping I guess, and in sleeping in general is DREAMING. DING-DING! The key word! Not only do I love napping and sleeping only for the aspect of dreaming, she is about dreaming too! I always try to Lucid Dream, and things related to dreams but I had given up on stuff like that. But once I saw Kumin, I just fell in love with the arts of sleeping and dreaming! :D

And these are my inspirational characters. :3 I will have more sometime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Some inspirational fictional characters for me would definitely be Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, because I was greatly inspired by how kind and optimistic she was despite all the hardship she had been through with losing her mother and father. She definitely gave me a new outlook on things and eventually made me open up a little more to other people and give them a chance instead of assuming the worst in others.

I also thought that Anna from Frozen were inspirational, both of course in their own ways. I admired that Anna was still able to believe that Elsa wouldn’t hurt her despite everything and in the end it was her faith in and also love for Elsa that saved her.

I don’t really know if I should call her an inspiration, because she tried to destroy herself in the end because she couldn’t forgive herself but Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska. She didn’t inspire me to become like her, but she inspired me to not do the same with my life as she did and instead move on with and forgive myself despite all the errors I’ll probably make and people I will hurt. But as Pudge said, we cannot know better until knowing better is useless.

My probably last inspiration is Louisa Clark from Me before You by Jojo Moyes. Whenever I’ll decide whatever I should do something a little more daring I’ll remember Louisa Clark and how she grew from becoming a quite naïve and shy person to a much stronger woman. 

Rannoch from Fire Bringer.  I remember L.O.V.I.N.G this character and feeling very attached to him as we went through all of his ordeals and suffering along side him. My favorite stuffed animal is named Rannoch because of this character.

Ray Steele from the Left Behind Series

....I think about stuff a lot, and hopefully that explains this enough....

Moses from The Prince Of Egypt

...again...I'm a thinker....

Red Green from The Red Green Show

....Most ingenious man I know B)

Fun fact about Goku: cannon lore wise, he has NEVER killed a single person (technically, Kid Buu was purified and became Uub).

Walter Slovotsky. Even though he's a smart ass, he's one of the most reliable people in the Guardians of the Flame novel series...even though, his idea of a master battle plan, is to run like hell lol.

• Brohoof 1

img-2397374-1-ad5775ece0e953a813494b999c

Catherine from Catherine, no doubt. Inspired me to be sexy, seduce men, destroy their worlds and cause terrible nightmares that can kill them.

<3 You guys think I'm kidding, but I'm not....

Edited by Rae ~

Rainbow Dashie, the way she is so loyal, the way she always strives to be the best and overcome any obstacle that may be in her way....she truly is AWESOME! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

tumblr_lvaq06HHdX1r1tsa1.png

These three fine fellows have had a remarkable impact on my life in only the last few months since I finished the new Doctor Who series. It only took one episode to completely change my opinion about the show, and that was the first episode of Season 1 with the 9th. Check it. Even more!

General Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender. A very inspirational and wise man, speaking words of wisdom often.

Oh god yes. I seriously think Iroh is a blessing to the mind. Edited by SkyDream
  • Brohoof 1

Luna, she is Luna and she talks really loud and she's adorkable and she's socially awkward and oh my god I love her

Also, I guess Gary Motherbucking Oak and Phoenix Wright could count.

In movies, I have Oddball from Kelly's Heroes...

post-107343-0-06142500-1360386847.jpg

who thusly relates to Mabel from Gravity Falls, 

MabelImagen.png

and Pinkie Pie from this show. I am a frequent pessimist in life and I love characters who are able to find fun and enjoy life even in the harshest of circumstances. In fact, Pinkie Pie was the reason I got into this show. I damn near envy those who can write these types of characters. However, as I continued watching, I began to gravitate more towards Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna (though not as obsessively as the rest of the fandom gravitates toward her) because I relate to their struggles to overcome social awkwardness to become successful ponies, also Rainbow Dash for her brash, competitive devotion to flying, winning, and her dream of joining the Wonderbolts, and Scootaloo for never giving up hope despite her inability to fly, which I can also relate to.

rainbow_dash_and_scootaloo_hug_by_exe200

Pass around the Scootalove!

Edited by WindChaserPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

Well let me restrict this to non-pony characters otherwise we'll be here all day.

First off is the Gascon renaissance man, Cyrano de Bergerac!

cyranoroxane1.jpg

Poet, composer, swordsman, romantic, thespian; Cyrano was my first true introduction the archetype of a true gentleman. Between my desire to be a writer, my time spent fencing, and my affected demeanor towards women, he's had a strong impact on what it means to be a man for me.

Next up is, in many ways, Cyrano's dark reflection. The shadowy patron of the arts, the disfigured architect, the angel of music, the Phantom of the Opera

Phantom.jpg

Fun fact! My mother actually went into labor during the intermission of seeing this play. So the music may be some of the first I actually heard in my life. Years later, after reading the book, I finally saw the play in person and I was absolutetly blown away! The Phantom (whose real name is Erik) is a monster and the antagonist for his actions, but he's also the play's most interesting character. (There's a reason it's named for him.) Intelligent, suave, poetic, and able to create the atmosphere and illusion of the supernatural around him, he has many qualities I wish I possessed. 

That being said, he is almost like a Jungian shadow to me in one major respect. I am a self-professed romantic and long for that special someone. Often I let the fantasy of a sweeping romance to cloud me to the reality of a situation. Erik uses his hypnotic influence over Christine to pull her away from not only the man who would provide her a better life, and also genuinely loves her, but to use her as a tool to further his money racket on the opera house, AND as the leading lady to the play he composed! (That's right, he set up his own self-insert fanfiction. Decide for yourself whether that's glorious or terrifying.) This all leads me to ask, if I did have Erik's skills and ambitions to back them up . . . would I do something similar?

Trotting along ungainly atop his horse is Don Quixote!

Don_Quixote_15.jpg

It may sound odd, but I actually identify with this character quite a lot. I was always the kid mocked for being a daydreamer, for imagining heroes fighting evil in far off lands. Cervantes wrote this story as a satire originally, but in a rather inspiring version of creative intent dissonance, most who read the story at the time of publishing found it to be an exaltation of the ways of chivalry and knighthood, the central character's mania be damned!

Now the most famous scene is of the Knight Errant charging windmills thinking them giants. While others may sneer at how foolish he is for doing something so stupid, I applaud him for his heroics. For is Don Quixote truly wrong in wanting to slay monsters, or is he just wrong on his specific target?

Up next we have the Lonely god, the Oncoming Storm, The Mad Man with the Box himself . . . The Doctor!

christophereccleston_full.jpg

I mean . . . what can you say about him that hasn't been said already? Apart from being one of the most ingenious setups for an on running franchise arguably ever, the Doctor has lived for so long and had so many personalities that he has been almost every archetype of character. Goofy, stoic, aggressive, reserved, the wizard, the warrior, the trickster. All these and many more. I've loved the Doctor as cast in the role of a flawed deity. All loving, but without mercy. Ageless, but not haughty. Limited, but capable of anything.

Despite all that grandeur that surrounds him, the thing that the Doctor inspires in me is roughly what he inspires in his companions. He takes ordinary people, flips their lives upside down, and through all the wonder and danger that comes, they come out better people. Meanwhile the Doctor himself goes for long periods, perhaps even relative decades or centuries, battling his inner demons. I discovered him shortly after I discovered Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror. I had a rough time digesting those themes, they left me disturbed and depressed. So in a way, the Doctor saved me from that because he showed that, in a universe filled with incomprehensible, malevolent or ruthlessly apathetic forces, their is one guardian who stands in their way and says "you'll have to go through me."

Lastly is, fittingly enough, the Last Prime himself. Optimus Prime.

350px-Optimusg1.jpg

Now oddly, my first exposure to Prime was actually the recasted version starting with Robots in Disguise following Beast Wars, which focused on his descendent. It wasn't until later I went back to watch the G1 version. All the same, Optimus, no matter what version, is always portrayed as not only a hero but THE HERO! He is that perfect combination of courage, wisdom, compassion, and strength. Like the Doctor, he is not of this world but loves humanity, and indeed all intelligent species, despite our flaws.

Optimus inspires me because, through all of the anti-heroes, dark and gritty cynics, and all the people who say there is no room for true and ideal heroes in modern media anymore, here still stands Optimus Prime. A shining titan that typifies what it means to fight for freedom, honor, and truth. This is eerily mirrored by his nemesis Megatron. The Decpticon leader regularly derides Prime as being weak for his love, blinded by ideals, and foolish for not seizing advantages that would hurt others. Yet time and again, Prime proves not only to be Megatron's equal in strength, but his superior.

So in many ways, I guess I like Optimus for the same reason I like Equestria and the brony movement. All are pillars of light that say to the world without irony, "We believe in friendship and freedom."

All that being said . . . I wonder what all this says about my psychological profile?  :huh:  :lol:

Don't say it....

I want to but....

No, I won't say it....

Oh stuff it.

RAINBOW DASH! Because she's fierce and determined, she doesn't give up to achieve her goals. I wanna be more like her, y'know. Bold, fearless, and of course, awesome.

I might have another character but y'know, MLP just controls everything now, doesn't it?

For me, it's both my patron god, Thor, because of his will to protect all of the human race and the gods, even though a lot of us don't deserve it. And my second? Monkey D. Fucking Luffy!! Because of him, I never give up on my goals...EVER!

• Brohoof 1

I would say Qui Gon Jinn from Star Wars. He was always so calm in most situations and he always thought about what to do before acting. He is the reason why I am calm in many situations and in normal things. Also, he is the reason why I like Liam Neeson as an actor, if it wasn't for Liam Acting as Qui Gon Jinn I wouldn't have watched any other of his movies.

• Brohoof 1

Gordon Freeman from half life. He just rolls with everything without complaining or unnecessary chatter. ;)

Oh. Also Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Stan from south park.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

Years ago, I read a Christian fiction series about a girl named Lucy that was actually a lot like me. The series may have only lasted four books, but I think Lucy's journey really influenced me (especially in personality :lol:)

I've probably had other characters influence me too (like the ones in the Dragons in Our Midst saga by Bryan Davis--that used to be my favorite series!)

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash inspires me because there is no way a rainbow horse is more athletic than me.

No. Way. 

Edited by RED20

I wouldn't say there's a specific character

but recently I got to realize that I admire Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie a lot

I admire Rainbow's confidence and courage

and I admire Pinkie's ability to be cheerful and spread it

• Brohoof 1

Double-D from the show I used to watch when I was a kid, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. He was the only one out of the three misfits that went against the scams Eddy made that where doomed for failure, and the kid version of myself noticed this. Double-D is the fictional character that encouraged me to be the smart guy instead of the cool guy, and to this very day I do not regret taking the path in life that this character encouraged me to take.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun
  • Brohoof 2