Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being Open: How Have You Changed?

DarkSun493

I'm somewhat open about being a Brony, if someone asks me if I am I'll reply honestly.

However, other than a couple of 'what?' looks and occasional light teasing, nothing much has changed. 

I am an open Brony. Even though I am female, I have gotten criticism for it because it's not a normal thing for those that know me (but now, 3 years after the fact, it now is).

My life hasn't changed otherwise because I am strange in general. :P

Im a closet pegasister, and the reason why is because no one in my school is a brony or pegasister. Even my BFF likes to make fun of me with the shows theme song, but again it does no harm to me, we both laugh when she does that. 

In Peru, MLP hasn´t really make a huge impact, only 3 to 8 years old max, watch it! Sooo, Its kind of embarrasing. (But Im still proud of being a Pegasister, in my own way)

Im really shy, and Im really nervous if someone at my school bullies me, there are some REALLY MEAN people at school  :(

And lastly, I really wish I could express my self as a pegasister trough clothes but guess what? THEY ARE SO SMALL (Designed for little girls) THAT DOESNT EVEN FIT ME, And Im really slim and really short (Im 1.49 tall and I weight 41 kg, for a 13 year old)

Its sad, the MLP toy stand are 1 fourth of the size of the for example Barbie stand or Littlest Pet Shop, its really hard to get anything :c 

In conclusion, its really difficult to be a pegasister or brony here in Peru, and its really hard to find someone that shares your interests on the show.  :(

I'm pretty open about it :D

I have a Rarity shirt (another one coming in the mail today, hopefully!) and a lot of Rarity stuff in my room (I think I've flaunted my collection around here enough,) and a little Rarity plush I carry around with me at school :D

I'm pretty open about it, but I've also always slipped under the radar, so not much has changed for me :derp:

I'm a mix of open and closet brony...It really just depends on who it is and how comfortable mentioning the subject at all is. Otherwise I just go about my business. Being a brony has really opened me up thought to being more social. I use to not talk on forums or in big groups.

I am not going to say that it has changed my life drastically or in any way harmed my reputation any more than it already WAS damaged by the fact that not only have I recently come out of the closet but I attend a very preppy, stuck up, Christian school. Where ANYTHING out of the ordinary is considered taboo. 

I've come to find, though, that the more you prove and promote your love for something (Like MLP:FIM, and my girlfriend, and my blue hair etc) the most people usually back off. At least that has been my experience with it. 

I got lots of hate and "BUT THAT'S A LITTLE KIDS SHOW DUMB A**" when I first started watching the show, but after that people accepted it and really just ended up not caring. 

I didn't force them to watch it, so there wasn't much conflict.  :o

I haven't told anyone about being a brony. Mainly because I'm somewhat nervous around others and don't tend to talk much. My parents probably wouldn't care but I don't feel comfortable talking to them either, so they pretty much know next to nothing about my actual personality. I tried telling my best friend once but he thought I was joking and I never brought it up again. So it has change practically nothing about my life, other than making me a little bit more cheerful and confident.

At some point in the past I may have said that I planned on being open, but after two years of being a "closet brony", I really see no need anymore. I can't think of any possible gains. I don't want any of the merchandise, and I have enough other interests that I can talk about with other people. I've also made it nearly impossible for anyone to discover my interest in the show. I've made one slip up but it was easily covered up. Of course I have suspected other friends of being closet bronies as well, but I'll let them be and just continue on.

Basically I'm a closet brony and the doors have been covered with physche locks. Case closed.

Mostly for the worse. I lost a lot of friends to bullying and ridicule, but at least I learned who my true friends were. I even lost some of the love of my family because they are all against bronyism. But I did get a girlfriend and increased friendships with the friends I had left. So I would say that things have changed a lot, but overall for the better.

• Brohoof 2

nothing has changed. I didn't say much about it when I was in the closet, and I don't say much about it now. the only difference is now people know, and they mostly leave me alone about it. this morning, my psychology teacher had a conversation with me about the Grayson Bruce scandal. we had a good chat. 

I have changed.

I'm a lot happier now that I'm a Brony.

On a personal note, there are plenty of things in my life that still really suck.

But hey, as long as I get to come home to a Twilight Sparkle plushie, I think I'll be alright. ^^

• Brohoof 3