Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike any pony in the show?

Akemi Homura

Do I have to talk about this again? :blush: 

My least favourite characters are by far the Student Six. :dry: I hated how they were completely forced into the show, and the fact that they're just plain boring, dull and idiotic characters. :stressed: The fact that they completely take the spotlight away from characters who we actually like is even worse! :worry:

They are paper-thin, unfunny and obnoxiously annoying. Even seeing them in the title sequence drives me nuts! :Cozy: I don't even know their names, they're that forgettable! :ButtercupLaugh: Probably because I always skip their episodes on every rewatch. :scoots: I despise them and I wish they never existed. :mlp_okiedokieloki: If I ever met the Mane Six, I'd give them a massive group hug. If I ever met the Student Six, I'd punch them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Rainbow Dash. She's the most unlikable female character that I've ever seen and I hate her guts. She's just as bad as Angelica Pickles. And that's putting it mildly. From my point of view she's as bad as Eric Cartman actually. But at least Cartman is funny despite being evil. I can totally see her doing all the evil and mean shit Cartman has done. Not even exaggerating here.

I'm so glad we've got Zipp as her replacement now.

Other characters I dislike are Babs Seed and Gilda off the top of my head.

• 9 months later...
On 2021-09-08 at 2:59 AM, Tom Gallagher said:

My least favourite characters are by far the Student Six. :dry: I hated how they were completely forced into the show, and the fact that they're just plain boring, dull and idiotic characters. :stressed: The fact that they completely take the spotlight away from characters who we actually like is even worse! :worry:

They are paper-thin, unfunny and obnoxiously annoying. Even seeing them in the title sequence drives me nuts! :Cozy: I don't even know their names, they're that forgettable! :ButtercupLaugh: Probably because I always skip their episodes on every rewatch. :scoots: I despise them and I wish they never existed. :mlp_okiedokieloki: If I ever met the Mane Six, I'd give them a massive group hug. If I ever met the Student Six, I'd punch them. 

I honestly don’t hate the Student Six with all my guts, I just don’t care about these characters much. I think that Snip, Snails, Flim, and Flam are still more aggravating, although the Student Six are more or less annoying. The only character that I have a little tiny bit of empathy for is Yona, however, that’s not saying much. My main problem with the Student Six is that they are introduced in the 2nd last season of the show and a lot of focus is put on them, rather than the Mane Six and the CMC. In fact I counted 17 episodes that they starred in, less than a whole season of MLP! The only reason they exist is to introduce and continue the School of Friendship plot, which, in my opinion, was a very, very bad idea.

• Brohoof 2

Dislike as in I think they're a bad, poorly written character and shouldn't be on the show, or dislike as in they're a good character, but I hate them in-universe because they're a piece of sh*t person?  The former?  Just Flurry Heart.  I despised her and resented her very existence.  That's really it.  I thought every other character was fine.  The latter?  I mean... I always wanted to see Flim and Flam be burned alive, but not because they're bad characters, just because they're so hateable.

On 2021-09-08 at 2:59 AM, Tom Gallagher said:

Wow.  You sure got a grudge against them.  Well, I can't begrudge you your opinion.  After all, I hate stuff too.  But I couldn't disagree with you more.  I thought the student six were interesting, dynamic characters in their own right, and had a proper place in the show.  I mean, they're not as good as the mane 6, but still good.  What I loved most about them was their slow-building, two-season arc that led to them being integral in saving the world.  Twilight knew that they would need allies.  She knew that she alone, even with her friends, wouldn't be able to save the day forever.  When she founded the school, she said something to the effect of feeling like her instincts told her that spreading friendship to the other species and nations was the path forward, and the way to secure the future for everyone, and she was right.  She taught the students well, and they brought that knowledge back to their respective nations and convinced each species to join the fight when the world needed them the most.  Equestria wouldn't have won without everyone--every single race and nation.  Twilight planted the seeds, and her students cultivated them and grew them into the unification of the world.  In my view, Twilight's biggest contribution to the world, and her lasting legacy, wasn't being a flashy, powerful superhero herself, but it was imparting the importance of friendship to all species of the world.  That's why the student six mattered, and that's why they were important to the show.  Just my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Flurry Heart, Sombra, and I still kind of like Luna, but I think she is the most overrated character from the show in this fandom, and that Nightmare Moon aside from Sombra was the most boring villain arch..(and if you want me to explain I'd be glad to) I was happy that everything worked out with Tree Hugger and Discord, but honestly I could kind of relate to Discord, not in the jealous way, but ppl like that, and that talk like that piss me off lol... I didn't really like Babs... At all.. and aside from getting used to Yona I didn't like the Yaks, And something about Spitfire annoys me, it's just what they did with her character and by far THE WORST character imho, was probably Zephyr Breeze lol

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pony Of Shadows. Too tell-don't-show as a threat.

S9 Sombra. Too in-name-only as a character.

(On the plus side — Stygian was decent, and I do like Alvin Sanders's other roles.)

Edited by Even Evil Has Standards

• 4 weeks later...