Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Thread (SSB4): Wishlist, Speculation, Thoughts

Zalgo

Some of you may know that a fourth installment of the Super Smash Bros series is currently under development and is set to be released some time in 2013.

This may be a bit too early, but what new characters would you like to make an appearance in the game? (Or what characters would you like to return from a previous game?)

Characters I want added

-Skull Kid. I desperately want him in SSB4.

-Dr. Mario. Sure, he's a clone, but I don't know why I just like him a lot :P

-Dark Samus

-Pokemon Trainers representing other gens (E.i: Gen 2: Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr. Gen 5: Tepig, Dewott, Serperior (I'd love to see how they could make a character with no legs work :P ))

-Replace Toon Link with Young Link or make Young Link a costume option for Toon Link or Vice Versa.

-Vaati

-Tails

-Roy

-A Gen 5 Pokemon

-Jigglypuff un-nerfed

-Rosalina

-Ridley

-Lloyd

-Megaman

Things I can only hope get added, but never will

-Twilight Sparkle

-Rainbow Dash

-Pinkie Pie

-Goku

-Chell (Portal)

-Banjo and Kazooie

-Master Chief (Not very fitting at all, but I still want him lol)

-Crap tons of more Pokemon

Edited by Zalgo
  • Brohoof 4

Some I'd like to see(At least 10 of these)

-Isaac

-Little Mac

-Bowser Jr

-Rosalina

-Midna

-Ghiraham

-Lyn

-Black Knight

-Micaiah

-Roy

-Ridley

-Dark Samus

-Masked Man/Claus

-Black Shadow

-Samurai Goroh

-Zorock

-Mewtwo

-Rival Trainer

-Chibi-Robo

-Animal Crossing character

-Just maybe, squeeze in another starfox character, like Krystal or Slippy

3rd Party(at least 2-4  of these)

-Megaman(at this point I don't care which one)

-Viewtiful Joe

-Knuckles

-Simon Belmont

-Pac Man

-Klonoa

-Lloyd Irving

-Sora

-Cecil(FFIV)

-Terra(VI)

-Banjo Kazooie

-Travis Touchdown

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

Mainly, I want to see Amateratsu and Sora in this. Heck, I even have a moveset for Sora planned!

Up B- Aeroga (He just uses the wind to fly a bit higher)

Neutral B- Light (shoots a charged up light shot at the opponent)

Down B- Explosion

Side B- (That one ability where Sora throws his Keyblade at the opponent)

Final Smash- Drive (25% percent chance that Sora will gain Valor, Wisdom, Master or Final Form from this)

Much like Pit, he has the ability to glide, but for a short time.

Sora

Lloyd

Zoroark

Ridley or someone else from the metroid series

Banjo Kazooie

Replace Ike with Hector, Lyn, or Eliwood

Amaterasu 

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the Zelda characters.  I'm thinking they'll add toon link, skyward sword link, Zelda from twilight princess, and not sure about Ganon....  I would be very surprised if they actually brought in Demise

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

I actually want a more conservative roster of veterans.

I think it it would be fascinating if they cut out many characters from Brawl, including ones that have been in both Melee and Brawl.

Original 12 plus:

From Melee: Peach, Bowser, Marth, Falco =16

From Brawl: Diddy Kong, Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ike, Lucas =23

Newcomers:
Impa(Skyward Sword), Ghirahim, (Captain)Louie (Pikmin), new Pokemon Trainer (Snivy, and then either Dewott and Emboar or Pignite and Samurott. You could also choose between Nate and Rosa, but it is just a cosmetic difference.) =27

Eight more and it would be 35 characters. Eight solid new characters, but more than 35 characters would affect the balance.

My cuts do look controversial, but I am basing the Zelda characters off of Skyward Sword, so Zelda doesn't really have attack magic or turn into Sheik.

...maybe the cuts are really major.

I also fear that the Wii U game will suck if released before November or December of 2014, and that the Nintendo 3DS game will mess up the development and resulting quality of  the Wii U Super Smash Bros. game.

Edited by GuillermoGage
  • Brohoof 1

I'm probably just going to be emulating this game... But it's obvious what I want

More sonic characters!!!

MORE SONIC I TELL YA MMMMMOOOOORRREREEE

Lol... And I hope to have awesome starfox Easter eggs

Shulk(Xenoblade Chronicles)

Shulk.png

He would work very well, plus with all the attention Xenoblade got Nintendo would be crazy not to put him in there.

Zael(The Last Story)

2136837-zael_large.png

Pretty much for the same reasons Shulk should be in there, although I'm not sure how likely his inclusion would be since The Last Story was a third party collaboration project between Nintendo and Mistwalker.

Dark Samus(Metroid)

Dark_sam2.jpg

I've wanted her in since forever, and was dissapointed that she isn't in Brawl. Come on Nintendo, put her in pretty please? :)

• Brohoof 2

If they do decide to have a second Sonic character, I'd prefer it to be knuckles to anyone else. A boxing fighting style, climbing walls, gliding, digging, all could make a unique moveset.

Speaking of unique movesets, fewer carbon copy characters, Fox, Falco, Wolf.

As for other characters, who can say? I doubt they'll be able to get anyone from playstation all stars (so no Big Daddy :(  ) Maybe Adam Jensen from Deus Ex (or even better, JC Denton, Dragon tooth FTW).

I'd to see more alternate costumes rather than just color changes, like with Wario in Brawl. Dr Mario, Metal Sonic, Mewtwo/Lucario for whatever replaces them (probably Zoroark).

*EDIT*

Your Mii, duh.

Edited by The Pirate Prince

Not sure really, I'm fine with whatever they put in the game. 

There are only two characters of whom I wish to see. Ghirham from Skyward Sword and Klonoa. Seeing how Namco is helping with development, Klonoa would fit perfectly

Ghirahim is a great villian from the Zelda series, he's hysterical xD

Let's think on characters they will most likely use for this next game that, sadly, won't come out for another 2 YEARS.

They will most likely keep their entire cast from the last game, and possibly subtract characters from the last one.  It's expensive to re-license such as Snake and Sonic, whom aren't even Nintendo exclusives.  Why do you think Raiden was in All Stars Battle-Royale, and that word is Snake may make an appearance in that game as well?  They got it licensed to be in their game.

They probably wont add in characters that make absolutely no sense or are just overpowered

(Goku)

Or characters from other franchises

(Master Chief)

Characters they may add in?

Things dealing with Nintendo franchise, or had dealt with them before, or will be dealing with them in the near future

(Bayonetta, Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, Viewtiful Joe)

And for anyone thinking our favorite cast of ponies would make an appearance - well, that's actually reasonable to think.

Remember the pokemon character in the last game?  I can imagine them switching out the mane six like that for different move sets, using them in the game.  They seem reasonable for the game. 

Now, they just have to be proven it's a good idea to have them in their character slots of chosen fighters.

I hope to see them bring back Mewtwo, but since that's not going to happen, I'll settle for them adding Zoroark. I want to see how they would make use of his Illusion skills.

Bring in that Blob guy from De Blob, and maybe Mickey Mouse as a third party character. After all, he was featured on games on the Nintendo console.

Rayman, or perhaps one of the Raving Rabbids, would be a cool addition. Didn't think about him.

I'd love to see a Megaman. I don't even care which version. X, Starforce, Battle Network, original... As long as they include skins referencing some of the others, I'd be fine.

If they're adding another Pokemon trainer, it'll obviously be a Gen V one. Since it's recent. I just hope they make the combination Tepig/Dewott/Serperior. I'll be irritated if they do it with any other combination, and doubly so if they scrap the Kanto Pokemon Trainer.

Edited by Descant

If I had personal preference as to who should be newcomers/returning, I would say:

• Paper Mario
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Plusle/Minun
  • Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a must.
  • Dry Bowser (Maybe.)
  • Ryu

That's about it. I mean, I would love to see my favorite pony characters somehow make it in the game, but eh. Perhaps for a different game.  ;)

-Animal Crossing character

lol, it would be so funny to that smiling Animal Crossing avatar just beating the crap out of Bowser.

Things I want that could be in there:

- Chibi-Robo

- Animal Crossing Character

- Slippy

- Gardevoir

- Monster Hunter Generic Hunter

- Veautiful Joe

Thing I want that won't ever be in there

- Ray 01 from Custom Robo

- Cloud from FF7

- Dragon Born

- Cthulhu

- Commander Shepard

- Pinkeh Pie

- Urdnot Pinkie Pie

- MEGAS

- REGIS Mk V

- Crash

- Megaman

- Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie

If I had personal preference as to who should be newcomers/returning, I would say:
  • Paper Mario
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Plusle/Minun
  • Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a must.
  • Dry Bowser (Maybe.)
  • Ryu

That's about it. I mean, I would love to see my favorite pony characters somehow make it in the game, but eh. Perhaps for a different game.  ;)

Paper Mario. Didn't think of him.

PLUSLE AND MINUN, OMG. This franchise needs them. They'd play just like the Ice Climbers. Weren't they originally scripted for Brawl or Melee? I forget which.

And Baby Bowser. Or Bowser Jr. Basically the same thing.

Smash%2BBrothers%2BFake%2BRoster.jpg

So this is someone's wishlist...

I just... O_o

That's a bit excessive xD

I mean, it even has the freaking Moon from Majora's Mask and the Pikmin by themselves... O_o

Though I do admit, it would very interesting to have a character made up of dozens of tinier characters...

Smash%2BBrothers%2BFake%2BRoster.jpg

So this is someone's wishlist...

I just... O_o

That's a bit excessive xD

I mean, it even has the freaking Moon from Majora's Mask and the Pikmin by themselves... O_o

Though I do admit, it would very interesting to have a character made up of dozens of tinier characters...

How would Navi fight against someone like the Hulk? Also, why are there Marvel characters there?

I do like King Boo's presence, and Professor Oak's, and Waluigi's and E. Gadd's.

But DC and Marvel characters, in the same game? Never going to happen. Also, some of these characters couldn't possibly get in, like Toad, or Slippy, or Goombas or Metroids or the freaking Moon.

Dark Link is redundant and is better off as a skin, as is Daisy, and Shadow.

And why so many forms of Bowser? Maybe Bowser Jr. could get in, but none of the others...

Sly Cooper would be cool to have in here.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

Above all, I want Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable character. From the first second I played Golden Sun back in 2002 I thought he was the perfect character for SSB.

For other characters, I'd love Paper Mario, too. I know "another Mario", but I wouldn't want him if he was just going to be another clone of Mario.

Also, for a third party character I'd love Sora. But that's a pipe dream.

Oh, and bring back Mewtwo. Some random side-quest non-legendary from the fourth generation has no business being in the roster over the "final boss" legendary Pokemon of the first generation. (I'm not meaning to divide by generations here, if Lucario had been a legendary it would be a bit different, but either way Mewtwo did not need to be cut. Especially not with how small Brawl's roster was).

Lastly, I'd like alternate costumes. The notion was introduced in Brawl with Wario. SBB4 needs to expand upon it greatly. Roy could be an alternate costume or Marth. Dr. Mario an alternate costume of Mario. Matthew an alternate costume of Isaac. And for the pipe-dream, Roxas an alternate costume of Sora. (that may be a pipe-dream within a pipe-dream because they're so different proportionally, but whatever, I prefer Roxas over Sora).

• Brohoof 1

I have only a few requests;

- Captain Louie from Pikmin (if they kept Olimar as the only Pikmin character, I wouldn't mind)

- Animal Crossing Character where you can choose between a boy and girl

- A girl Pokemon Trainer option

- Balloon Fighter (Probably unlikely, but that would be neat)

- Ghirahim from Skyward Sword (I'd be surprised if they didn't add him)

- Dark Samus (We need a new Metroid character, but I can see this one as a costume. Zero Suit Samus will more than likely be kept)

I tried to be realistic, but as long as they keep Lucas (my main), Ness, Olimar, and Mr. Game and Watch, I don't mind what they add. I'm sure we're going to get a great roster anyway. Oh, and keep King Dedede. I beat my friends with him more than I do with Meta Knight and Kirby (seriously, Kirby was a beast in the original Smash Brothers). I can't wait for the new games myself.  :)

• Brohoof 1

1. Waluigi

2. Mega Man

3. Waluigi

4. Crash Bandicoot

5. Waluigi

6. Klonoa

7. Did I mention Waluigi yet?

waluigi20bike2dx9.png

All joking aside, I really do want Waluigi to be a playable character. He needs more spotlight! And to be honest, I kind of doubt the other three I mentioned will be added, except for the slight chance of Mega Man. As long as the roster contains most of the characters from Brawl with a few new ones sprinkled on, I'll be happy.  :)

For characters.. There are some that are obvious and overdue. Little Mac, Ridley (They can rescale him to Bowsers size, he was the size of Samus in Metroid 1), Black Bull or Samurai Goro for a new F-Zero character. They would all fit in perfectly but have been neglected by HAL labs.

I want decent online. As good as Mario Kart, that's all I ask. Ideally I'd love a level up system with unlockables and different lobbies for different modes but I doubt it.

A better story mode than the past games. Maybe with more fleshed out RPG elements.

A hand on a stick that slaps the player whenever they complain about an aspect of the game (Keywords being "tier" "overpowered" "joke characters" and "Final Destination" when used in combination with "Only."

Edited by Jammo

Moar Fire Emblem.

-Lyn, she would be the coolest to play as, even if I would personally prefer Hector.

-We could really use a fire emblem mage, and Micaiah is the most probable option. Maybe her and Sothe as a double character? (Like the Zelda/Shiek thing, except they just switch out instead.)

-Little mac from punch-out, although I would say screw Little Mac and put in Big Mac(-intosh) 

-It won't happen, but some FFVI characters.(Hey, it was a Nintendo exclusive at the time.)

-In particular, Sabin(Blitzes.) Shadow(Ninja. 'Nuff said.") and Setzer.(I just love his design, and he could have a pretty good moveset.)

-Moar Pokemon

-Umbreon.

-Espeon. (Maybe another double between the two)

-Ninetales is one of my favs, but I can see it being hard to implement.

-Team Rocket?

-Ghirahim or however you spell it could have some cool moves.

-Tingle would be an quirky, but maybe fun character.

-Ridley, we only have one metroid character (Unless you count "Zero suit" (sex appeal) Samus as a character.)

-PONIES

-Get to work on breaking into the Nintendo dimension, Pinkie.

Edited by Brosparkles

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Kumatora (Mother 3)
Naked Snake (MGS3)
Magnus (Kid Icarus)
Paladin Cecil (Final Fantasy IV) i know its kind of an unlikely one
Black Shadow (F-Zero)

and above all else, i want to see Marth return for a third game

original 12, except for jigglypuff

paper mario

pichu

all newcomer from brawl, except marth, ike, ness, lucas, ice climbers, ROB

silver

goku (bandai is helping to make it, so its a slight possibility)

waluigi

geno (super mario rpg SNES)

dry bowser

ill add more to this post if i think of any