Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Thread (SSB4): Wishlist, Speculation, Thoughts

Zalgo

Well, I would like to say one thing. As a Megaman fan, I hope megaman appears in both versions. I don't want the 3DS to limit characters, while the Wii U has all of them, if you think about it.

I believe it is confirmed that the roster will be the same on both systems. I have seen things about the Ice Climbers having a chance of not being on the 3DS because of technical problems, though I don't know if it means they will be cut from that version or both. It's likely they'll be able to find a solution and add them in both.

Edited by No One Important

BTW, a little blue bird came to me and told me that Tails may appear in Super Smash Bros.  Is that true, or am I just dreaming?

I wouldn't count on it. Sakurai mentioned that adding too many third-party characters would be harmful to the game's focus. I actually would like Tails to be in it too, but we already have Sonic and Mega Man, and 2 would usually be enough.

Regarding Tails, I think two representatives from a third-party series is very unlikely. That being said, I think Tails would be fun to play as, and would be the best character to add if they decided that Sonic could have two reps.

I believe it is confirmed that the roster will be the same on both systems. I have seen things about the Ice Climbers having a chance of not being on the 3DS because of technical problems, though I don't know if it means they will be cut from that version or both. It's likely they'll be able to find a solution and add them in both.

That's good to hear then, :D.  Although I am gonna miss the Ice Climber.  A lot of ppl hated me for using them, b/c I used to play cheap, :lol:

Would love to see Tails in a Smash Bros. game. If they're bringing Sonic to the party, Tails should be the next logical choice, I think. Him and Kirby would be beasts on the battlefield thanks to their long-lasting hover abilities.

Oh yeah.  Even though I like Sonic, it would definitely be great to have Tails.  And I agree, Tails and Kirby will have a low chance of falling off, where they could just float/fly up. 

I wouldn't count on it. Sakurai mentioned that adding too many third-party characters would be harmful to the game's focus. I actually would like Tails to be in it too, but we already have Sonic and Mega Man, and 2 would usually be enough.

True......I never thought of it, that way.  However, the reason why I want tails, even though he's a third-party character..........I want him to replace that jackass Snake.  What a horrible character, if you ask me.   :lol:

BTW, Im still trying to figure out why they added Villager.  He's looks so retarded, IMO.

Edited by Promethean Alicorn

Not to be bitchy, but I really want a roster replacement for Wii Fit Trainer, I mean, I understand why she is there, but I don't like it. I have crazily anctipated so many fan favorites in this game since I was 6 or 7 years old palying it on nintendo 64. Also note 3 spots appear left open and we have yet to hear about Jigglypuff(who in the new pokemon deemed "Fairy Type") Could suggest a new move set, Cpt. Falcon, who I have seen countless people main charcter choice him, and Ness. This leaving the theories for most other newcomers incredibly unlikely as most of us would prefer we at the very least keep our veteran fighters.

I want only one character: BANJO and KAZOOIE. I mean seriously, why not?

Sadly because Rare is owned by Microsoft now. & I don't want to get started on how Nuts and Bolts broke my heart. However Banjo Kazooie is my favorite childhood memory let alone game, and I thought that Banjo and Kazooie should have been fighting since Smash Bros 64

• Brohoof 1

Well I do not like where it is going at the moment... Come on Wii-Fit Trainer?! And they bring Pit back but as it seems not Ike?

Guess I will wait till there are some good mods are out. The ones for Brawl were amazing.

Sadly because Rare is owned by Microsoft now. & I don't want to get started on how Nuts and Bolts broke my heart. However Banjo Kazooie is my favorite childhood memory let alone game, and I thought that Banjo and Kazooie should have been fighting since Smash Bros 64

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were also one of my favorites. There is also a pretty good Banjo Kazooie mod for Brawl.
As for Nuts & Bolts, I don't know why everyone is so disappointed about it. Sure it wasn't the good, old type of Banjo Kazooie but it was a pretty good game with a (atleast I think so) pretty good game mechanic. However it would have been better to make a real sequel to Banjo Kazooie and take Nuts & Bolts as a new game or something like that...

Edited by Dr. Daniel Dash

Not to be bitchy, but I really want a roster replacement for Wii Fit Trainer.

I concur, fully.  I just saw the roster and I was like, "What the hell are these guys thinking.  A Wii Fit character, what's he/she supposed to do?"  Its a waste of a character.  They should replace it with Mewtwo, that way Lucario and Mewtwo players can have a rival match :D

Also, Toon Link? Really? We still seem to need another link skin? I would rather they have brought back Ganondorf and spruced his moveset not to be a Falcon clone. It would appear they are removing the other space animals aka (Falco & Wolf), like really, some of the Brawl Chracters deserve to stay, but then watching others return that need cut while losing our Melee veterans is kind of insulting, I think you can make space for Falco, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers and Ganon at the very least, bc they were also Brawl vets. I never got why they had to get rid of Mewtwo, but I wont accept it. With any luck we will just have to be surprised and unlock the charcters we know and love after the games release and they just aren't telling us who is in and who is out for certain.

I'm hoping that Snake somehow makes a return, he was always one of my favorites

Also, please bring in Isaac from Golden Sun goddammit

I was really giddy when Rosalina was announced. :yay:

I'm getting the 3DS and Wii U versions, so I'll probably be the only one in my neighborhood with both games. B)

This may come as a surprise, but I'm actually not upset with the current roster at all.

I'm getting the 3DS and Wii U versions, so I'll probably be the only one in my neighborhood with both games. B)

Cool, same here :D

This may come as a surprise, but I'm actually not upset with the current roster at all.

The roster would only be upsetting for me if any of the "original veterans" don't return. We haven't had any word on Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff. Even though just Yoshi and Ness would be my most important ones.

However, it might not be long before Yoshi is announced under celebration of Yoshi's New Island. ("New Super Mario Bros." was tolerable, Nintendo, but seriously?)

Edited by Mars Brownie

As far as the originals are concerned, the only one that really has any chance of getting the axe is Jiggs, since the rest are either too important(Yoshi) or too popular(Captain Falcon and Ness) to be removed

I'm really excited for this game. I've always loved Super Smash Bros but I've never actually owned one before as I've never had a console that could play it.

I have a 3DS, so I'll definitely be buying this game. :)

Edited by Mikami

I think it's about time for some roster/newcomer speculations and predictions.

I expect the roster to be between 40 and 50 characters, maybe closer to 40 as I feel 50 may be pushing it. There may have been a comment by Sakurai saying it would be around Brawl's amount, but I'm not sure.

I doubt there will be a lot of cuts, if any. Ike may be cut for Chrom, or some other Fire Emblem character. R.O.B. is also a character I think they may remove.

Everyone from Smash 64 will most likely return, as well as all the characters who appeared in both Melee and Brawl.

I think Mewtwo still has a shot, even with Lucario being confirmed. Pokémon is arguably deserving of five slots, but if they want to stick with 4, Pokémon Trainer could be a possible sacrifice (or Jiggs, but I seriously doubt it).

I also think Ridley has a fair chance of being confirmed. He's the most logical choice for a Metroid representative in terms of how important he is to the series. And, if I remember correctly, he is THE most requested character. His size isn't much of an issue based on his own games, as he can be resized. It does seem strange that he'd be different sizes in 2 (technically 3) Smash Bros games, however, but he was pretty small in Melee's opening.

Maybe a Kid Icarus rep could get in there, most likely Palutena or Medusa. I think Palutena is more probable, though.

There are some other newcomers I'd like to see as well, including King K. Rool.

I think the roster so far is ok. I'm still a little bit confused on how the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer will become fighters. They don't seem to be the fighting type. But i'm excited to see how Nintendo will pull this off. :)

Also, why all the hate on Diddy Kong? :( I thought he was a decent fighter back in Brawl. Besides the whole "banana" thing that got him banned. Other than that, he seemed to be a capable fighter. We needed more DK characters to the roster anyway. I was actually pumped to hear Diddy will make a return to the next Super Smash Bros.

After seeing Wolf in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I was really excited to see the lineup for the next game. It's probably not gonna happen, but since so far, each Smash Bros. game has only included up to 4 characters per franchise, I really wanna see Krystal as the fourth character introduced for team Star Fox. It's a longshot, but I think her character would fit a game like Smash Bros. perfectly. 

There are lots of rumors flying around about Bowser Jr. becoming a playable character in the new game, and I'm sort of on the fence as to whether or not I can see it happening. On one hand, I think crossover games like Smash Bros. need lots of diverse and unique characters, so as long as he reflects that diversity, I wouldn't mind, but on the other hand, the creators of the Nintendo franchises involved with the games never try to over-represent their own franchises, so they never include more than four characters from each franchise per game, and with the addition of Rosalina and Luma, the Mario franchise is getting a little crowded already. 

Edited by Fire_Fly

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Okay, so SSB4 will be coming out Oct 3 2014 (3DS) and "Holiday" 2014 (Wii U). I don't have a Wii U, so I'll be getting the 3DS version (which was gonna come out this Summer, but they needed a little more time I guess)

Btw, here's the website:http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/

Here's my wish list:

Mewtwo

Meta Knight

Captain Falcon

Ness

Wario

Ganondorf

Mr. Game and Watch

Solid Snake

Here's who I'd like, buy aren't that important to me.

Bass (at least as a Trophy)

Some other Sonic character (preferably Knuckles, Shadow, and/or Silver)

Roy

Pichu

Edited by Shenron00
  • Brohoof 1