Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Thread (SSB4): Wishlist, Speculation, Thoughts

Zalgo

I will get the 3DS version. I might get a Wii U and get that version as well since some good games are coming out for it like Mario Kart 8 and now the new Zelda game as well.

So far I like the new characters they have introduced. I love the miis heheh. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the wii fit trainer.... :/

I've played the demo Nintendo had released at Best Buy. They had a huge promotion for Super Smash Bros. I had the chance to play the 3DS version and the Wii U version. I was lucky enough to play Megaman, Greninja, Roslina (and Luma), and Little Mac. Super fun game!

I'm hoping to buy a Wii U when it's released. I also plan to order the gamecube controller adapter. So I can get that nostalgic feeling from the previous few in the series. If they have a exclusive game bundle with Super Smash Bros. That would be wicked.

Okay, so I noticed that there weren't any threads regarding the new SSB4 coming out Oct 3 2014 (3DS) and "Holiday" 2014 (Wii U). So, I decided to fix that! What characters/stages do you want in SSB4? What do you think of the characters introduced so far? Which version will you get? I don't have a Wii U, so I'll be getting the 3DS version (which was gonna come out this Summer, but they needed a little more time.) So, without further ado, let the Smash begin! The website: http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/

Merged your topic with an existing SSB4 thread. Please be sure to run a search before creating a new topic. Thanks, man. 

I really just want Sakurai to reveal MetaKnight already. He was so broken that it should be really interesting to see him back because they'd have to make a few changes to him to balance him more. The gliding mechanic was also cut, meaning we already know one of his moves will be changed. Plus, lots of things have happened since Brawl. I'd be surprised if they didn't give MetaKinght some cooler specials.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was happy to see Palutena and Pac-Man revealed (I was half-expecting him to be put in the game). I was excited to see the Miis revealed since I had wondered what it would be like to play as a Mii. I'm quite happy to see the newcomers revealed earlier this week. Also, Palutena looks great! :D

Edited by Gernia

So I watched the Palutena's reveal trailer, and while they were showing off her moveset, I couldn't help but wonder... How many freakin' special attacks does she have?? mlp-rd-shock.png

Well... Just like Rosalina and Little Mac, she'll probably have a very unique fighting style, which I think it's great! This will add much more strategy to the game, as well as different play styles. I just can't wait to get my hands on a 3DS and the new Super Smash Bros. I'm so excited~ :3

i wanted waluigi and shadow. but they came back as an assist trophy

so the others i want are

realistic wishlist

knuckles

metal sonic

mewtwo

darkrai

zero

king k rool

wario

silver

weresonic

ganondorf with a different moveset

snake

captain falcon

metaknight

knuckle joe

impossible wishlist

more mii fighters

goku

reggie

the mane 6

dragonborn

krieg

corvo attano

kratos

deadpool

batman

spiderman

ridley

discord

paper mario

sora

geno

banjo kazooie

crash

spyro

i also want a way to have your character be metal becuase metal is cool and not just the mode where everyone is metal

Merged your topic with an existing SSB4 thread. Please be sure to run a search before creating a new topic. Thanks, man.

I didn't find anything when I did. Then again, I only searched "ssb", so I guess I should've been more specific.

I'm more than certain I've said it before, but here's to more praise:

How about that opening anime cut scene for Lady Palutena? :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

We kind of have a whole thread dedicated to all things Smash Bros. It's not specific but I see no reason one shouldn't just use that thread.

Meh. The reason I didn't go to that one is because it wasn't entirely dedicated to SSB4. It was a guy who wanted online friends or something.

i wanted waluigi and shadow. but they came back as an assist trophy

so the others i want are

realistic wishlist

knuckles

metal sonic

mewtwo

darkrai

zero

king k rool

wario

silver

weresonic

knuckle joe

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but some of those aren't that realistic...

Werehog, Knuckle Joe, and Darkrai aren't very iconic, and Sakurai said the he doesn't want "just any character in his game". However, Darkrai and KJ will probably be AT/Pokéball. Zero is also gonna be an Assist Trophy, so don't worry about him.

Edited by Shenron00

(edited)

realistic wishlist

weresonic

Oh goodness no, please don't make Werehog Sonic a thing again, it was more than enough in Unleashed. ^^;

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 1

Meh. The reason I didn't go to that one is because it wasn't entirely dedicated to SSB4. It was a guy who wanted online friends or something.

The topic may have started that way but it seems to have turned into a SSB general topic.

As for your search... that was way too vague for a search engine. You need to search specific things like "super smash bros". "ssb" could turn up just about anything.

The topic may have started that way but it seems to have turned into a SSB general topic.

As for your search... that was way too vague for a search engine. You need to search specific things like "super smash bros". "ssb" could turn up just about anything.

1. Exactly, I wanted to participate in a thread tht was entirely about SSB4.

2. That's why I said "I should have been more specific". I don't know what I was thinking. Then again, it's not uncommon for people like me to make extremely stupid mistakes.

I loved it! mlp-rd-awesome.png

I guess the only real complain I have about it is the voice acting. It could've been a little bit better, or they could even have left it with Japanese audio and with English subtitles. That would be awesome~

But the animation itself was amazing. I can only imagine other characters having fighting scenes just like that... <3

• Brohoof 1

That cut scene made me want more Smash Bros. in anime style, it was fantastic. The animation was so smooth and the characters looked awesome.

• Brohoof 1

That was definitely my favorite part

POj5AMS.gif

Dat Palutena ^///^

Alright I'm done being a perv now

• Brohoof 1

That cut scene made me want more Smash Bros. in anime style, it was fantastic. The animation was so smooth and the characters looked awesome.

Agreed!

THIS is how the cut scenes should be.

If there were a story! D:

• Brohoof 1

Just saw the Palutena reveal. Looks amazing and her moveset...holy crap. Did they add more available moves or something? Cuz that's way more than four buttons' worth.

Also, I've been seeing that the new Smash Bros has better ground-play and also floaty air-play. I'm happy about that. One of the reasons I loved Brawl so much was because of the floatiness. Lucario + airgame = godmode.

I'm definitely gonna have to get both versions of the game. Does anyone know if they've confirmed cross-platform play or not?

All I want now is Wolf O'Donnell. He was my main fighter from Brawl and he was VERY fun.

Unfortunately I do not see it happening.

(edited)

E3 was pretty crazy with the reveals of Mii Fighters, Palutena, and Pac-Man, and overall the game looks to play like Brawl except massively improved, so I've seen just about everything I could realistically want out of this Smash, very satisfied with it so far. Now they just need to reveal Shulk as a playable character(which is even more likely than before now that Xenoblade is a franchise, plus MonolithSoft is a first-party Nintendo studio) and this'll be the best Smash Bros. ever. :D

(Also hopefully Luigi will be good again like he was in Melee, oh please please please)

Edited by Radiance64

I played the Best Buy demos yesterday.  They only had Pro Controllers for the Wii U version which I had a really hard time getting used to.  One of the very first things I did was press the right stick in mistaking it for the A button.  I'll almost certainly be getting the bundle with the Gamecube controller.

From what I viewed, and have also heard from my brother over in Ontario who also played the demos (several times), here's some thoughts from a more or less competitive standpoint:

-The game itself is Brawl 2.  Overall physics and mechanics have been tweaked slightly (tripping is gone!! :)), the gravity is slightly stronger, but it's still a lot more on Brawl's floaty end than Melee's non-floaty end.  There's real hit stun now so characters besides Sonic can have actual combos.

-Villager seems to be really good.  We both noticed him winning several matches and just having a strong moveset overall.

-Ditto for Wii Fit Trainer.

-Little Mac, on the other hand, seems to be pretty bad.  He has next to no air game with really weak jumps, bad recovery and nothing too effective in his air moves.

-Mega Man is pretty much impossible to judge from the demo since he's a very defensive character and you don't really get the chance to play defensively when you can only play 4-player free-for-alls.  I honestly think he's just too clunky to be effective in casual play.

-Rosalina seems pretty good.  Her recovery is crazy.

-Greninja seems really good as well.

-Sonic still isn't very good.  As far as I could tell, he's almost unchanged from Brawl except that his Down Smash is different now (it's now a sweep instead of him going into a ball and zooming back and forth) and I think it's worse off.  On the other hand, he is the only character I won a Wii U match with, but again I didn't get to play with tournament rules.

-Over to the 3DS demo:  Toon Link's spot-dodge has been rightfully nerfed.  Previously, spamming his spot dodge would give you only single frame windows of vulnerability.  There's now a bit more delay to it.

-Smash Run, at least for me, got ridiculously hard really fast.  It was only about a minute before I was constantly swarmed with enemies that were just tossing me around like a ragdoll.  Still, I won the actual match following the Run.

-Not entirely sure why considering the button layout is almost the same but I had a much easier time with the 3DS controls as opposed to the Pro Controller.  I suspect (and hope) that the game will have fully customizeable controls like Brawl did.  My only gripe with the default controls, on both systems, is that I think B should be normal attack and Y should be special, with A and X being jump.  Instead it's A is normal attack, B is special, and X and Y are jump.  The default are more accurate to the Gamecube controls purely by label and not by the instinctive position of your thumb.  This is something Nintendo's been doing a lot and it really bugs me.  Brawl in the Family put it really well: post-2067-0-35270200-1402886316_thumb.png

(It was even worse in Kirby Super Star which was originally an SNES game and had the more natural controls, then the DS version (Ultra) not only had the worse controls but had no option to change them despite the DS and SNES having the exact same button layout! /trangential rant)

Well, I think that's enough for now.

• Brohoof 1

ErBoi, on 15 Jun 2014 - 7:43 PM, said:

I played the Best Buy demos yesterday. They only had Pro Controllers for the Wii U version which I had a really hard time getting used to. One of the very first things I did was press the right stick in mistaking it for the A button. I'll almost certainly be getting the bundle with the Gamecube controller.

From what I viewed, and have also heard from my brother over in Ontario who also played the demos (several times), here's some thoughts from a more or less competitive standpoint:

-The game itself is Brawl 2. Overall physics and mechanics have been tweaked slightly (tripping is gone!! :)), the gravity is slightly stronger, but it's still a lot more on Brawl's floaty end than Melee's non-floaty end. There's real hit stun now so characters besides Sonic can have actual combos.

-Villager seems to be really good. We both noticed him winning several matches and just having a strong moveset overall.

-Ditto for Wii Fit Trainer.

-Little Mac, on the other hand, seems to be pretty bad. He has next to no air game with really weak jumps, bad recovery and nothing too effective in his air moves.

-Mega Man is pretty much impossible to judge from the demo since he's a very defensive character and you don't really get the chance to play defensively when you can only play 4-player free-for-alls. I honestly think he's just too clunky to be effective in casual play.

-Rosalina seems pretty good. Her recovery is crazy.

-Greninja seems really good as well.

-Sonic still isn't very good. As far as I could tell, he's almost unchanged from Brawl except that his Down Smash is different now (it's now a sweep instead of him going into a ball and zooming back and forth) and I think it's worse off. On the other hand, he is the only character I won a Wii U match with, but again I didn't get to play with tournament rules.

-Over to the 3DS demo: Toon Link's spot-dodge has been rightfully nerfed. Previously, spamming his spot dodge would give you only single frame windows of vulnerability. There's now a bit more delay to it.

-Smash Run, at least for me, got ridiculously hard really fast. It was only about a minute before I was constantly swarmed with enemies that were just tossing me around like a ragdoll. Still, I won the actual match following the Run.

-Not entirely sure why considering the button layout is almost the same but I had a much easier time with the 3DS controls as opposed to the Pro Controller. I suspect (and hope) that the game will have fully customizeable controls like Brawl did. My only gripe with the default controls, on both systems, is that I think B should be normal attack and Y should be special, with A and X being jump. Instead it's A is normal attack, B is special, and X and Y are jump. The default are more accurate to the Gamecube controls purely by label and not by the instinctive position of your thumb. This is something Nintendo's been doing a lot and it really bugs me. Brawl in the Family put it really well: attachicon.gif2014-05-09-564.png

(It was even worse in Kirby Super Star which was originally an SNES game and had the more natural controls, then the DS version (Ultra) not only had the worse controls but had no option to change them despite the DS and SNES having the exact same button layout! /trangential rant)

Well, I think that's enough for now.

Tell me of Smash Run. From what I can gather it's basically like Kirby's Air Ride where you try to gather powerups for the match afterward in an arena or level or something? Am I right on that?

I'm glad that the floatiness of Brawl is back. I tend to fight in the air most often and in Melee that means I get my ass kicked all the time. Part of why I love Brawl so much more than Melee.

Sad to see Subspace Emissary, or something like it, isn't returning though. :(

PathfinderCS, on 15 Jun 2014 - 6:07 PM, said:

All I want now is Wolf O'Donnell. He was my main fighter from Brawl and he was VERY fun.

Unfortunately I do not see it happening.

I hate that they waste slots on clone characters like Wolf.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing as Wolf or Ganon and whatnot but I really wish they would make them as character variations, in the same slot, instead of wasting the slots with an entire character. Brawl having three Star Fox characters controlling exactly the same was unacceptable.

Yeah, Smash Run basically works like City Run from Kirby's Air Ride.  Actually, it works almost exactly the same, just that it's Smash Bros. and not Kirby's Air Ride.  It's probably the closest thing we're getting to Subspace Emissary this time around.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I hope there's an Adventure Mode like in Melee at least.

I didn't really enjoy SSE, but I would enjoy an expanded Adventure Mode (meaning, keeping to environments from or styled after the games from represented series, and sticking almost entirely to existing characters/enemies from said series'.