Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Thread (SSB4): Wishlist, Speculation, Thoughts

Zalgo

• 4 weeks later...

Well, there's this now.

Who could the new fighter be? Or is it just a trailer for one of the already announced new fighters?

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty excited for the game. My first wish for it is that they'll do at least something with Demise and/or Ghirahim. A playable character of one or both would be excellent, but I'd settle for an assist trophy. At the very least, they ought to give Ganondorf a more unique move set (i.e. not just make him a clone of Capt. Falcon again).

I'd also like to see Ridley be playable. I objected to it for a while, but after some consideration, I think it would really be a nice addition.

(edited)

I'm going to take an educated 'guess' and say it will be Shulk.

The director of Xenoblade X retweeted it apparently, so I'd say it's a given

I'll be different and expect Snake

Edited by Megas75

(edited)

I think it will be a Castlevania character or maybe even another Mega Man character like Protoman or Roll

Just saw the Palutena reveal. Looks amazing and her moveset...holy crap. Did they add more available moves or something? Cuz that's way more than four buttons' worth.

Also, I've been seeing that the new Smash Bros has better ground-play and also floaty air-play. I'm happy about that. One of the reasons I loved Brawl so much was because of the floatiness. Lucario + airgame = godmode.

I'm definitely gonna have to get both versions of the game. Does anyone know if they've confirmed cross-platform play or not?

They said cross-platfrom won't be done due to different stages.. Edited by NightGuard

I wish Glacius was in it.  If he is, I don't think his official trailer has come out yet. 

I'm really glad Pac-Man got in. He deserved it. Also happy that Palutena got in.

I'm glad Pac-Man made it too. It would have been cool if they did an Ice Climbers type thing with him and Ms. Pac-Man. 

(edited)

A new character reveal soon? Great! At this rate, my hype for Super Smash Bros. is going to make me explode.

At the moment, the character I think I want the most that also has a decent chance of getting in is Sceptile. It's one of my most favourite Pokemon, and it would make sense since they have a fully evolved fire starter and a fully evolved water starter, so a fully evolved grass starter like Sceptile will complete the pattern.

Edited by FortyTwo42
  • Brohoof 1

Well, there's this now.

Who could the new fighter be? Or is it just a trailer for one of the already announced new fighters?

My educated guess is a Mother rep of some kind. July 27th is the 25th anniversary of the Mother series, and I can only imagine this is linked to that in some way.

As far as that goes, I think a Mother 1 rep is most likely, as it IS Mother's birthday. And as far as specific characters go, Ninten is the obvious one, with Lloyd and Teddy behind him. Or maybe something crazy, like a Starman?

(edited)

A new character reveal soon? Great! At this rate, my hype for Super Smash Bros. is going to make me explode.

At the moment, the character I think I want the most that also has a decent chance of getting in is Sceptile. It's one of my most favourite Pokemon, and it would make sense since they have a fully evolved fire starter and a fully evolved water starter, so a fully evolved grass starter like Sceptile will complete the pattern.

It certainly would make the roster uneven to have Charizard (fire starter) and Greninja (water starter), but not a grass starter. (Returning Ivysaur would not really help this too much, as the two present are fully-evolved, and putting in Venusaur would be a bit...strange)

I guess this logic right here is the best hope for newcomers beyond the three leaked ones. Because, really that would be a glaring flaw in the roster.

Edited by Envy

The more pokemon's the better, I'd say.  Do you think they'll do a Pokemon spin-off of SSB which plays exactly like it?   

My educated guess is a Mother rep of some kind. July 27th is the 25th anniversary of the Mother series, and I can only imagine this is linked to that in some way.

As far as that goes, I think a Mother 1 rep is most likely, as it IS Mother's birthday. And as far as specific characters go, Ninten is the obvious one, with Lloyd and Teddy behind him. Or maybe something crazy, like a Starman?

Oh man, I hope not. I'm sick of Mother characters, I mean, Ness isn't that bad, but Lucas was terrible. >.<

There's only one character I really want in SSB4. Or Super Smash Bros. games in general. I don't care about any comments claiming "He's too big!". I just want to play as him.

post-24988-0-16560400-1405210157.jpg

Yup, I want to play as Ridley!

(edited)

There's only one character I really want in SSB4. Or Super Smash Bros. games in general. I don't care about any comments claiming "He's too big!". I just want to play as him.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yup, I want to play as Ridley!

I always thought the "too huge" excuse was bullshit simply from the fact that Bowser is in it, besides the Metroid series has been long overdue for a new character and Ridley is such a staple for the Metroid franchise that it's silly that he hasn't been included by now.

Also am I the only one who thinks there's too much Pokemon already, especially if other past characters(i.e. Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Ivysaur) are expected to return?

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I always thought the "too huge" excuse was bullshit simply from the fact that Bowser is in it, besides the Metroid series has been long overdue for a new character and Ridley is such a staple for the Metroid franchise that it's silly that he hasn't been included by now.

Also am I the only one who thinks there's too much Pokemon already, especially if other past characters(i.e. Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, and Ivysaur) are expected to return?

I always thought the "too huge" theory was bullshit because I doubt Smash takes itself that seriously. Like really? You expect this series to stick to any sort of rules? None of Ness' moves are his. ROB isn't even a game character. Olimar is freaking tiny. Smash don't give no shits about rules.

• Brohoof 2

I always thought the "too huge" theory was bullshit because I doubt Smash takes itself that seriously. Like really? You expect this series to stick to any sort of rules? None of Ness' moves are his. ROB isn't even a game character. Olimar is freaking tiny. Smash don't give no shits about rules.

He could be too scary-looking for Nintendo which is supposed to be a cutsey alternative to XBox and playstation.  

(edited)

Ridley is expected to appear as a stage hazard according to a previous Smash Bros. Direct. Of course, note the size of the shadow, and how its wingspan takes up half the stage:

http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=7m18s

But if he does turn out to be playable, I probably wouldn't give a crap, but I will be making a break for the hills.

I'm with you there. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a recent-gen Pokemon trainer, as long as it's the last Pokemon rep we see.

Edited by Mars Caramel

(edited)

YES! ROBIN OH MY GOD!

THE LAST CHARACTER I WANTED FOR SSB!

IT'S IN! ITS FREAKING IN!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Great to see you're having a blast, because I'm severely disappointed mainly because I have no idea who these people are.

Although to see someone hold a spellbook like that during swordplay looks rather badass.

Edited by Mars Caramel

Good to see you're having fun, because I'm severely disappointed mainly because I have no idea who these people are.

You and me both, I was reaaaaallly hoping for Rayman to be announced.

Oh well, maybe next time.