Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Believe in Ghosts/Spirits?

GreyScholar

120 users have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe in Ghosts

• Yes, as one that has died but not passed on, or returned, because of a task needing to be completed
    • Yes, but as spirits that never had a body or lived. Can be harmful to or hateful of the living
    • Yes, but as a impression or memory of an emotional event such as a death, murder, suicide, exc
    • Yes, but as a mix of 1, 2, and/or 3
    • No as I do not believe there is any proof of such, though I am open to the idea.
    • No I believe ghosts are fake and without any evidence to back it up.

Now how could we believe in ghosts if people around the world have not encountered them? You can't just make this stuff up because there have already been a lot of witnesses of something, even if it wasn't a ghost. I could start to make everyone believe that there is a certain kind of being called a "chocolate whale" that lurks around the Arctic Ocean, and will people believe me? No, because nobody has encountered such a creature.

I would like to see a ghost in my lifetime, even if it scares the bejezzus out of me (not to death though). And preferably nowhere near home.

Oh absolutely, in fact, I've always been extremely interested in the paranormal.

Nope.

All "evidence" of ghosts has been debunked or unproven

Where exactly have you looked that disproves ghosts and spirits? This world is way too big and there are many sources for anything to be debunked/ disproved.

• Brohoof 1

Where exactly have you looked that disproves ghosts and spirits? This world is way too big and there are many sources for anything to be debunked/ disproved.

Pretty much everywhere. There hasn't been a shred of evidence which proves the existence of ghosts. Not only is there no evidence, the entire idea also makes no sense.

Just to clarify, I will use " ghost(s)" to refer to any manifestation of a human or human memory/event and "spirit(s)" to refer to such entities which are beings separate from humans/human memory.

I do not believe in ghosts. I am open to the idea, but until there is more reliable and consistent evidence on the issue. Until sufficient objective evidence is given, I will continue to believe that there are no otherworldly remnants of human beings or memories. At the same time I will not question an other person's beliefs or experiences. My belief on the matter is that the experience is a manifestation of some knowledge that the person already had but didn't have conscious access to rather than an actual interaction with an external being.

My beliefs regarding spirits are slightly convoluted. I do believe in spirits, but not as sentient beings. I believe in spirits as manifestations/personifications and energies, for lack of a better word. I believe in ocean spirits and forest spirits, etc., but not as entities living in that place, but as an expression of the place itself, the life and natural flows and cycles. I believe that it is possible to feel and interact with this sense of spirit by opening up and seeking to attune to the area, to become hyper-aware. Sometimes these spirits are given faces or names as a way to interact or focus on individual aspects. I think it is important to say that I am describing something similar to option 2, I didn't pick that one simply because in the poll it specified spirits which are somehow harmful of malevolent, whereas I see them as net neutral, with interactions with humans being positive or negative depending on the human involved.

"Energy" is what I usually call anything that I can't really suitably categorize, but there is an aspect which I feel relates to this topic. I believe that places, etc. can have different "energies" or "feels" based on related events. Rather than being a ghost or an imprint of memory/strong emotion, it is  subconscious sense, picking up on tiny signs of how that place is viewed and acted towards based on a certain event. This sort of ghost is a sort of intuition which is both picked up and passed on subconsciously, though still not a literal entity.

In short, I do not believe in ghosts in the conventional sense, though I am open to the idea.

No as I do not believe there is any proof of such, though I am open to the idea.( I copied this)

Some people in this thread have been watching too much spirit science and got sucked into it without hope of returning.  dont watch spirit science.

Edited by King Wilson

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone just decided to say that first off XD. Of course I believe in them because I can feel, see, and hear them...But besides receiving cuts and bruises from them they are mostly company, I like amanda the most :3. Anyway how do you guys feel about them?

I have little to no reason to believe in them. I mean, outside of my mind playing tricks on me, I haven't seen or heard anything out of the ordinary.

(edited)

Nah. It's a creepy and interesting idea, but I've never come across an evidence to support it. Why would a spirit float around aimlessly after death, supposedly haunting others? If there's a heaven/afterlife, wouldn't the soul go there? What would cause certain spirits to be so restless? It doesn't make sense to me

Edited by Mutant X

Nope. While the idea of spirits and the after life is sort of interesting, I don't see any point in believing in ghosts. -3-

Everything that I believe in pertaining to the afterlife and ghosts comes from reports from numerous past life regressionists and their patients. I don't have enough evidence, personal or otherwise, to say that I believe anything more than what I've read about.

Apparently, the most common ghost-like activity is to do something to reassure loved-ones that you're okay. Stuff like making really personal and memory-filled objects fall or turn on and off a few times. Symbolic stuff. It's a symbolism-based world anyway, sort of, so it works out nicely.

Also, the word "ghost" might be a little bit too broad to ask about. What if you used the word "Haunt" as a noun, for example, or ghast? Or spirit, as compared to ghost?

I do..........not to mention, some cases i hear and smell them. No joke, but some folks do have that ability. Yet, faith takes away that fear.

Well I personally have the rather cold view on the mental conciousness in that I see it as merely the reactions taking place in the nervous system, so until I am shown that an entity may have the ability to "ignore," contact with other matter I will not believe in Ghosts.

I would very much love to hear peoples' experiences with ghosts. There's nothing wrong with experiencing something. It doesn't mean it's not entirely innate to the person experiencing it, but it's still nice to hear.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would very much love to hear peoples' experiences with ghosts. There's nothing wrong with experiencing something. It doesn't mean it's not entirely innate to the person experiencing it, but it's still nice to hear.

i did in my old house. Apparently there were two of them, and from wat i heard, one of them hung himself. I remember hearing a chair fall in the middle of the night so that gave me quite a chill. Wouldnt recommend this b/c its sorta like the dream catcher but put a white candle with warm water next to it and place it on top of your refrigerator.

I should include Weehawken Cemetery, since in the top 10 most haunted places in the US, last time i checked, but a lot of people who live there tend to see a few walk around. Not to mention, since my gp's are buried there, most of the tombs have been there since the late 16th century.

Edited by Thunder-Wing

(edited)

Truthfully, I don't know. I swear I saw the ghost of the previous owner of my house walk through my room when I was a kid, but that was very long ago; it's completely illogical and, of course, I have no proof. There is very little solid evidence on the world wide web either, a global network designed to share information.

I'll say I'm skeptical and look for normal explanations when I hear about hauntings, but I'm not completely closed off to the idea.

Edited by Celtore