Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Believe in Ghosts/Spirits?

GreyScholar

120 users have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe in Ghosts

• Yes, as one that has died but not passed on, or returned, because of a task needing to be completed
    • Yes, but as spirits that never had a body or lived. Can be harmful to or hateful of the living
    • Yes, but as a impression or memory of an emotional event such as a death, murder, suicide, exc
    • Yes, but as a mix of 1, 2, and/or 3
    • No as I do not believe there is any proof of such, though I am open to the idea.
    • No I believe ghosts are fake and without any evidence to back it up.

I do not believe in ghosts, there's absolutely no (reliable) evidence of their existence. People can tell me their experiences with ghosts, but I regard memory to be about as reliable as a Soviet space station (that is, just barely functional out of sheer luck).

psychologically, memory is one of the least accurate things we have... the second an event is over, we already have an incorrect memory of what happened, and over time what you think happened changes. This isn't even taking into account hallucinations, etc, where the brain misfires, telling you that something is there when it isn't. Our brains are very susceptible to change, and aren't difficult to trick.

• Brohoof 3

I have many people tell me stories about spirits and demons haunting their households and other family relatives houses. Others tell me that they don't exist. In an addition to that, do you think Ghosts exist? Do you think that they are real and roam the lands of earth?

Personally, I do. Like, this one time, I was laying in bed all by myself and the door closed. No one was with me during that time neither. Out of nowhere, I heard conversations go on outside my house, on the side of my house. I woke up freaking out so I went to go check. No one was there. I came back and heard athem talking again. I looked and nothing was there. At first, I thought I was dreaming. But in reality, It was true.

I haven't had a personal experience with any of them, but I don't discount that some phenomenon akin to such things may exist. After all, I believe that everything exists in some capacity, so can't really discount anything.

Hello @@Calssius VI SilverB, I just wanted to inform you that we already had a topic about ghosts/spirits, so I merged your thread with the already existing one which also included a poll. As a reminder, all non-pony talk belongs in the General Discussion subforum, and in the future, please try and run a search to see if your topic already exists. Thanks! :)

Edited by Sugar Cube

I believe in ghosts, but as demonds who enjoy to mess with us humans, and basically make us look stupid (it's the ultimate troll!!! XD)

I don't believe that a ghost is a dead person, coming back to visit a living relative, but rather just an evil spirit being dumb, and pretending to be that person.

Yes I do.

And yes, I try to communicate with them on a daily basis.

I've had multiple experiences, so has my family. I love the occult.

I believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, and other forms of energy. Call me crazy, but I think that there are some places with real energy, negative and positive. I am pretty sure the only good ghosts are SOME little children that died and did not even know, and they don't want to go to the light (if there is one) because they are looking for their parents. I think the adults, teens, and elder that are ghosts are usually evil and want revenge unless of course, they died before their life took off.

I do believe in spirits personally. my mother and grandmother have both seen spirits of deceased family members c: my mom has had multiple visits from family that has passed away (I have only had one visit that was with my grandpa). Also any of my family on my moms side that has been on their death bed, within the last few days of life would talk with deceased family members, but only with the dead ones. anyone who was alive was not mentioned and anyone who stood at their bedside was ignored like they werent even there. crazy stuff ovo;;

There is no such thing as ghosts. Whatever your story is, I don't believe it. Any other explanation would make more sense than the supernatural being real.

If you think you've interacted with a ghost, you were either hallucinating, ignoring an alternate explanation, or you're remembering wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I do believe in ghosts and spirits. I cannot prove their existence to anyone, but I have had multiple personal encounters with the supernatural, so their existence has been proven to me. 

Most of my paranormal experiences are largely abstract and indirect, but I did have one direct one sometime last year, if I remember correctly. I was standing in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. Suddenly, a sphere of light appeared out of nowhere, and raced through the air at a tremendous velocity. It disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Regardless of the short time in which I was able to perceive it, I was able to recognize the fact that it did not seem to be made out of any substance that I was aware of. It was not a solid, a liquid, a gas, or plasma. Its surface geometry was in a state of flux, and it was illuminated by a glowing spherical light in its core. 

I have no solid explanation for this experience. In the moment, I considered the possibility that what I had seen was light reflecting off of the rim of my glasses. I made a thorough attempt to reproduce the experience by deliberately reflecting light off of the rim of my glasses while I wore them, but what I saw from doing that looked absolutely nothing like the illuminated sphere I had seen.

It is possible it was an hallucination, but from what I remember I was not sleep deprived at the time. To this day, I have almost never experienced visual hallucinations. Additionally, I do not use drugs or alcohol. 

I have spiritual beliefs, so until if or when I find an explanation for this that is grounded more in the physical world, I interpret it as a supernatural and spiritual experience.

• Brohoof 1

My family doesn't believe in the paranormal,although before I was born,when my sister died my dad kept on seeing black fuzz in the corners of his eyes and when he tryed to 'center' on it it dissapeared O_O

I’m unsure, I never had met a ghost, but I think maybe it could be, that there are ghost. I think there is more than we can see yet, and we just understand such a small part of the world. So I think it could maybe be possible, as long as I haven’t meet yet a ghost myself, I just could assume. I’m not sure, if I want to meet a ghost, it would be kinda creepy. Or maybe it would be ok, if it is a kitty ghost. 
Hmm, I think I should kinda live in a house, which surely is haunted (or maybe was), since it was a hospital and a children’s home once. I mean sure many people died here, and had an awful death maybe. ( I heard stories, from people, which where here, that they put children in a room and gave no food and water and stuff. It must have been horrible) However I have no supernatural senses developed, maybe I should invite someone, who seems to have these senses and see if s/he can see something.  My mum told me however, that she meets ghost and see helped them to can to the beyond. (I don‘t know how true it is.) 
Anyway, also through hearing of other people‘s supernatural encounter, I tend to believe, that it is true.

A few of my family members experienced ghosts on a couple of occasions with several manifestations ranging from a complete appearance of a person to just a white bright moving light. More than several of my family members witnessed the same 'illusion', I highly doubt anyone can share the same hallucination especially if said 'illusion' was dead occupants of inhabited house. One of them gave my cousin grief and the rest of her family left that house in pieces in a perpetual state of paranoia.

They are real.... dammit they are very very real.

Yes. I do. In fact, I have a third eye and I can see and communicate with spirits :)

Is there a way to train one’s third eye? I would like to see energies, spirits and so on too. (When I hear friend, who can see such stuff, talking, I feel so blind, because I can’t see what they see.)

Edited by Kanrei
  • Brohoof 1

Is there a way to train one’s third eye? I would like to see energies, spirits and so on too. (When I hear friend, who can see such stuff, talking, I feel so blind, because I can’t see what they see.)

You can ask someone to open it. I was born with mine :P

• Brohoof 1