Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trouble Sleeping Yay or Nay?

Revy ~ Two Hands

74 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get a full nights sleep every night

• Yay
    • Nay
  2. 2. How many hours sleep do you get per night?

• 0-2 hours
    • 2-4 hours
    • 4-6 hours
    • 6-8 hours
    • 8-10 hours
  3. 3. Did you used to sleep better than you do now?

• Yay
    • Nay

i usually get around 4-8 hours of sleep, but since that aint an option i went for 6-8 cause i get more sleep on school nights than weekends where i get little sleep.

I average around 7-8 hours of sleep every night. I've been waking up around 4 in the morning but at least I fall right back to sleep after a minute or two. I get up around 6 every morning to go out into the barn.

I've never been one who could fall asleep immediately, but in recent years it has become even harder for me to sleep. It probably doesn't help that I have to sleep during the day most of my week.

But either way, unless I'm in been up for over 24 hours, I never am able to fall asleep immediately nor am I able to sleep more than 6-7 hours usually. I probably average in the 5-7 hour range. Which is sad because I always make sure I get to bed with at least an hour more to spare than that. =/

Edited by Envy

I'm gonna randomly vote, for 10 hours, but in reality, it depends on the night.  Most nights im out cold, and others i just can't sleep at all.

I usually don't get enough sleep due to my bad habit of staying up really late at night. I've been working on this though. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to maintain a healthy sleep schedule.

Sleep and I do not get along. I have the worse time getting to sleep, can lay in bed for hours wishing my brain would turn off. I'm also normally a light sleeper so I toss and turn, or will wake up through the night and just not be able to get back to sleep. I'm almost always up super late into the night, even if I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before. If I do pass out, then it's likely I sleep for 10-12 hours. I can't sleep when warm though, and that's a big problem for me because my room is usually hot. Past few days it's been 80 in my room, with fans going. If we had a basement I'd be down there with a sleeping bag.

I really need to get my sleep habit under control but it seems almost impossible. I can tell it's starting to mess with my health though. ugh

I make sure I get 8 "in bed" hours...as far as actual sleep goes, I get anywhere from 2-6 hours of actual REM cycle sleep (i.e. real rest)....I have had a perpetual problems with nightmares and when I was a kid, I tried every prescription sleeping pill under the sun but nothing helped.  I no longer take sleeping pills, but sometimes I take Walmart brand OTC sleeping gels, but I try to keep it sparse because I actually got really dependent on them when I took them nightly and one month I couldn't afford them so I actually went through sleep depraved withdrawal....

I do think I sleep better now that I am married. My husband may be a blanket thief, but his mere presence really calms my heart. I have always been scared of people breaking in, and just don't like being alone in general, so his peaceful breathing is quite comforting, which allows me more of a peaceful opportunity to rest.

I try to get us to bed between 6pm-8pm....We both get up at 2am because my husband has to work. Oftentimes, if I am exposed to light, my mind fully wakes up and I am unable to go back to bed. If I make his lunch and make sure everything is ready for him the night before, I can stay in bed and then I get up about 4am and start my day.

Edited by Treble Bolt

Sleep has been problematic for me since I was a child

I remember I'd spend the whole night, laying in bed, unable to fall asleep and then be really tired when school came the next day (and I was aproximately 9 years old at this time...)

Now that I don't have anything to wake up for, I tend to get a fair amount of sleep, but it still takes me a very long time to fall asleep at night to begin with

I'm sorry to hear about your loss...

Speaking for myself, I'm a very heavy sleeper. I try my best to get between 6-8 hours of sleep every night. As for how well I sleep, I think I sleep about the same as I used to, but I know next summer I'll probably sleep even heavier because of my job. All I can say is that it's a good thing I have yodelling music set up as my alarm...

Edited by Celtore

I don't usually sleep that much, maybe around 3-6 hours. I hate sleep and sleep hates me right back, especially for taking several hours to actually fall asleep. I certainly used to sleep a lot better than I do now. 

I have no trouble getting to sleep.  I have a lot of trouble finding time to sleep though.  Thanks to school, I'm usually up extremely late at night.  I average like four hours a night, and I can hardly take it.  

I'm a light sleeper sometimes I get full sleep sometimes not. I think I'm sleeping 6-8 hours used to get less sleep. My sleeping is consistent but sometimes there are times I have trouble with it and can hardly get sleep at all.

Yeah, I sleep pretty badly. I have Narcolepsy so I wake a minimum of 3 to 4 times every single night. I toss, and turn. I also will fall asleep on my side, and wake up on my back. I also have very strange, vivid dreams.

Usually when I wake up I can fall back asleep quickly. It still messes up my deep sleep though.

I usually get 6-9 hours of sleep, but that greatly varies and right now mostly it's 6-7 hours. I sometimes do have trouble sleeping but most of the times, then probably not.  

I always have trouble Sleeping here at home. And that Stems from Working nights for 1 1/2 years then switching to twilight shifts.   i'm kinda permanently wired to USA Eastern time instead of UK GMT.  LOL as a result i have never suffered Jet lag on reaching the US but ALWAYS get it when i come back home to ireland.  

Yay! X3

I do sometimes. My sleep schedule is messed up. I go from 8-14 hours. I sleep sometimes 3-8 hours though. Honestly I can't give a correct time. I sometimes just can't sleep and end up staying up a while, sometimes I can sleep like a rock.

For the most part I sleep well though I can sometimes have trouble which can depend mostly on stress levels. I go to bed and wake up fairly early because I have to work 6AM-3PM two times a week so it is very important for me to keep a consistent sleep schedule as those days are very stressful and demanding. Of course I have other reasons too like the extra time during the day and the fact that I am able to fall asleep faster and more soundly on this sleep schedule than on any other I have tried.

For some reason, I fall asleep significantly faster when on my left side? It takes me about 4-6 to get to sleep when I'm on my right, but it's a lot quicker when I'm on my left for some reason. I always found this to be really weird and I have no clue why it's like that, but whatever, I can deal with it. I feel bad for those of you with chronic insomnia, especially considering that my biggest problem is not sleeping on my right.