Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trouble Sleeping Yay or Nay?

Revy ~ Two Hands

74 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get a full nights sleep every night

• Yay
    • Nay
  2. 2. How many hours sleep do you get per night?

• 0-2 hours
    • 2-4 hours
    • 4-6 hours
    • 6-8 hours
    • 8-10 hours
  3. 3. Did you used to sleep better than you do now?

• Yay
    • Nay

This is kind of a mixed answer.

I do get better sleep than I used to.

But note: I am unemployed, and I am a graduate.

So, a lot of my day takes up sleeping. ^^"

I'll go to bed around 5 am every morning, and a lot of the times wake around 1 or 2 in the after noon.

But I usually feel well-rested. ^^

Now, when I had a job, and I went to school, I had to force myself to go to bed at a certain time or I didn't get enough sleep.

Which was really hard to do, so I never got much sleep when I was in school, or when I had a job.

Like I said, a mixed answer! ^^

Edited by Adorkable

yea, it seems like bed just use to seem a lot more comfortable, now some nights I toss and turn for an hour an a half before I actually manage to fall asleep! :blush:

I usually stay awake until I crash, which means around 5 hours of sleep per night. I can't be the only one like this; I feel dead tired all day, but awake after dark. The worst part is that all I do during the last two or so hours is cycle through "New Content" on this site without actually doing anything except maybe read a thread or two.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve been prescribed trazodone, ambien, gabpentin, and ativan to help me with sleep. Trazodone worked for about a year until it randomly stopped working. The other medications listed above were prescribed and none of them worked at all. 

It depends, really, on how hard I've been working and how early I have to get up.

Usually, I get about 6 hours every night, which does not feel like enough for me. If I have a choice (aka if I have a day off), I'll get about 10 hours.

In extreme cases, I'll run on only 2 hours and a lot of caffeine. There are also times when I get home and I'm so tired that I collapse and sleep for 17+ hours.

I've had issues sleeping for the last 15 years. The smallest noise will set me off and it is very difficult to fall back asleep once that happens.

I sometimes wonder if I have some sort of insomnia, considering how I often have trouble falling asleep and then trouble staying asleep...I haven't had a full night's sleep since I was a little kid. :mlp_wat: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I've always had trouble sleeping. My mind tends to wander a bunch, and it's impossible to fall asleep that way. I find focusing on one thing helps me fall asleep, but even then it usually takes me more than an hour. The loud people in my dorm certainly don't help. I'm going to try to get a room to myself next year in what's usually the quietest dorm on campus, so fingers crossed I guess.

It's kinda surprising the number that get only 4-6 hours of sleep a night. It's recommended by doctors to get at least 9.

Saying this, I fall into the 4-6 category. Usually I'll lay in bed for 2-3 hours before I actually fall asleep, then having to wake up at 6.00 every morning I can't really fit everything I need to to in the day along with sleep.

Everyone's going to have a different reason for not getting enough sleep, but it means there's an issue with how much time we have in our day, and if we can balance that with sleep.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Normaly I don't have any problems finding sleep at night. There of course exceptions like when Im nervous/excited or some other thing going on. Sometimes it happens just out of nowhere I cant find any sleep, but most often It's hard for me to fall asleep at full moon